PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

the_Real_hydra
07-18-2004, 06:14 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures CB version not the GBA version. How is the game. I am thing about buying it tonight. What is the nomal game play time? Stuff like that?

*b*
07-18-2004, 07:46 PM
if you play it non-stop, and seek out everything, I'd say about 4 hours. it's really short, but fun. if you can find it used for less than a new copy, do so. it's a great game, just not worth $50

Naomi
07-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Make sure you play it with at least two other friends, or it's far less enjoyable.

Grasshopper
07-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Chances are though, if you get it used, it might not come with the link cable. I myself think its pretty mind blowingly awesome too. :) What I played of it at least. I didn't know how short it was though. Since its a Nintendo game, I don't see the price dropping any for awhile either.

vegeta1215
07-18-2004, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't say it's only a 4 hour game. The game have 8 levels, each level having 3 stages (the last of the 3 being a dungeon/temple). This makes 24 stages in all. You could easily spend 30 minutes at least on each level, giving a play time of at least 12 hours.

You can read what many of us have said about FSA here: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=80812

If you're buying it just to play buy yourself, it may not be worth the $50 (unless you're a big Zelda fan like I am). But if you have friends that also have GBAs and GCN link cables to play it with, it's a no brainer - go for it.

the_Real_hydra
07-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanx guys!

ShadowTiger
07-18-2004, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't say it's only a 4 hour game. The game have 8 levels, each level having 3 stages (the last of the 3 being a dungeon/temple). This makes 24 stages in all. You could easily spend 30 minutes at least on each level, giving a play time of at least 12 hours.

You can read what many of us have said about FSA here: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=80812

If you're buying it just to play buy yourself, it may not be worth the $50 (unless you're a big Zelda fan like I am). But if you have friends that also have GBAs and GCN link cables to play it with, it's a no brainer - go for it.... From now on, whatever Vegeta says, you stick with it! :eek: To quote someone from the Simpsons, "My neck is sore from agreeing so much!"

The game is -very- fun, .. but it's even -more- fun if you're in a group, cooperating with each other. There are lots of puzzles, there are lots of enemies, lots of items, LOTS of force Gems, lots of chances to get them too... You'll have a blast. ;) ... but only while it lasts.

I don't have any multiplayer options.. I only have potential access to one GBA.. I won't buy one myself, and only having one certainly doesn't help. :odd: .. Definitely play it with friends. Wait to get it unless you're with friends that have GBA's.

And remember, it does come with one GBA connector cable.

ONE.

EDIT: .. What did you mean by the following: "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures CB version not the GBA version." .. What is the CB version? Did you mean Gamecube?

the_Real_hydra
07-19-2004, 01:42 PM
opps your right Britannianhero4 I ment to say the GC my bad. Thank you guys for all the information

Invo
07-30-2004, 11:09 PM
The game's awesome but kinda short. Play it with friends and compete as often as possible. It's the only way to make the game last longer. I especially like the shadow realm because you can pick up people who are in the real world, but they can't pick you up! I like the gba game better because you can throw pots on ppl's heads and they can't see! They often walk down holes. I love legend of zelda and hope Nintendo NEVER stops making games as good as these. Longer would be a plus though. I beat the game in like a day. I really need to work on making short posts but I just LOVE zelda games.

vegeta1215
07-31-2004, 02:27 AM
The game's awesome but kinda short. Play it with friends and compete as often as possible. It's the only way to make the game last longer. I especially like the shadow realm because you can pick up people who are in the real world, but they can't pick you up! I like the gba game better because you can throw pots on ppl's heads and they can't see! They often walk down holes. I love legend of zelda and hope Nintendo NEVER stops making games as good as these. Longer would be a plus though. I beat the game in like a day. I really need to work on making short posts but I just LOVE zelda games.

Your post length is fine, I would recommend some white space though ;)

The one player game was a nice addition for those of us without friends to play with, but there's no doubt that FSA was made with multiplayer in mind, and I think they did a great job. It's the little things in the game that make it work really well, for instance: since you start off fresh at the beginning of each stage in FSA (with only 4 hearts, no items, etc), you can stop playing and start again another day easily, which comes in handy when all your friends can't come over. FF:CC had stages like this too, but in that game you gained experience and grew stronger - FSA did it right I think.

Sylvan_Wizard
08-04-2004, 06:21 AM
Four Swords is one of the best zelda games. They've taken some of the best things from other zelda games and incorporated it into Four Swords, making it one of the best. Even solo it's a good game. How long it takes really depends on you and your experience with other zelda games. But there are some new things.