PDA

View Full Version : Help Decide

Zaggarum
07-17-2004, 11:31 PM
i need to make a decision about what to buy. As we all know Halo 2 is coming our in Nov. I am gonna reserved it real real soon, but i went on some of the online stores and i found this interesting version of the game. Its this limited eddition version. It comes with a metal case and a whole bunch of other shit. extra CD with documentaries. Anybody think its actully worth it or should i just save the extra money and get the original version?

ShadowTiger
07-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Solution: Morrowind. The pack of all 3 games is the same cost as either expansion pack. You won't even need to make such a decision if you're hooked on Morrowind.

.. Hey, it's the economical solution. :p

zables
07-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Well personally if I happen to have the extra cash just kikin' around waiting to be spent, I find its nice to buy the special editions of games with all the cool extras. So i would suggest it. But then again, you may not give rip about any of that stuff, and shoould that be the case, dont waste the money.
just outta curiosity and too much lazyness to goto google and look it up, where did you stumble onto this Zag?

AlexMax
07-18-2004, 01:31 AM
Get it. Why not? It might have some really interesting stuff...

Zaggarum
07-18-2004, 10:58 AM
just outta curiosity and too much lazyness to goto google and look it up, where did you stumble onto this Zag?

I found it at walmart.com its pretty cool lookin. Im thinkin its worth the extra money too. If its a special edition it may one day be worth big bucks...hmm maybe i should get it.

sagelink
07-18-2004, 11:04 AM
i say nay... go for the reg. Anyone remember the Limited Edition Majoras Mask 's (i think all of them were limited e. i dunno) I remember I thought it would be worth a lot. Now its sitting in a box somewhere in my attic along with my n64. I remember getting a few limited/collectors edition games for the pc a while ago too but i don't know where they are anymore. Trust me, even if you like the game, once it gets old you wont care.

Not to mention i remember my dad having those Star Wars cut-out-cards that, back in the day (197...6 maybe?) were labeled limited edition. My dad tried selling it couple months ago, and they weren't worth a dime.

But then again this might be different. You never know. Personally, Id get the regular game for cheaper cause I buy the game to PLAY, not to sit and watch a bunch of programmers talk on a bonus cd.

EDIT: BEANY BABIES!!!!! Another example of how limited edition stuff can shove its own dignity down the toilet.

Grasshopper
07-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Anyone remember the Limited Edition Majoras Mask 's (i think all of them were limited e. i dunno) I remember I thought it would be worth a lot. Now its sitting in a box somewhere in my attic along with my n64.
I don't think those cost any extra though.

You can get the Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition edition anywhere. If you're even remotely interested, get it. Its just $5 more then the other. $49.99 vs $54.99. The tin case alone should be worth $5. :) Just make sure you reserve it though. I don't think you can get it otherwise. And besides, just get it for yourself if you want it, not because you think it might be worth more later. That never works. ;) You have to sell it to the right person to get lots of money. I think I would like that tin case. :)

Like SageLink said, I wouldn't pay 25 cent for a Beanie Baby. :laughing:

vegeta1215
07-18-2004, 02:44 PM
i say nay... go for the reg. Anyone remember the Limited Edition Majoras Mask 's (i think all of them were limited e. i dunno) I remember I thought it would be worth a lot. Now its sitting in a box somewhere in my attic along with my n64.

The limited edition Majora's Mask was just gold with a hologram picture on it. I don't know how limited it was, but it didn't cost any extra. It was just a bonus to those who got the game early.

Ah Majora's Mask...what a game. I've played it twice through in the past 7 months, and I think I like it better than Ocarina of Time now. It's too bad it's so underrated (just like Zelda II)