PDA

View Full Version : Tales

aces2022
07-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Who got Tales of Symphonia? How is it? I will getting it soon.

Jakq
07-17-2004, 07:28 PM
I knew this post was coming... What is it with you dude, you always obsess (sp?) over these things, lol ... :P

Blonde799
07-17-2004, 09:40 PM
I've only played one other Tales game, but Symphonia is similar to the one I've played. The game is cel shaded, and the characters and story, is decent. You might not like the voice acting though(read:I didn't say it was bad, everyone has their opinions). The battles are fast paced, and there might be a few choke points. You can also go through multiple quests, and you might get a bit confused as to where to go(I managed to do that, and got to points of the story where I was supposed to be weaker, but was very overpowered, thank goodness for the hard difficulty).

And, there's multiplayer(co-op), which is awesome if you have a few friends to play with. Me and my brother do that, and we have a blast.:) I spent like, 20 hours on this baby, and I haven't reached the 2nd disc yet. Looks like I'll be playing it for a while.:D

Jakq
07-17-2004, 09:48 PM
It's co-op? Ace, why didn't you tell me, hurry up and get this, I want to play it!

Zaggarum
07-17-2004, 11:23 PM
I have it and i think its great. Still its one of the best i have actully ever played. The battle system kicks ass, the voice actin is actully really good. It probably the best RPG for Gamecube to date. It would be cool if the tales series becomes Nintendo's Famed RPG series. Kinda like Final Fantasy to Playstation.

Blonde799
07-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Just to let everyone know, multiplayer would be great, if the camera didn't just center on Lloyd. This basically blocks out other players, so I suggest semi auto if you want to catch up with your party.

Kairyu
07-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Aren't you able to set the camera to "fixed" in battle? I haven't tried multiplayer, so it might not do anything, but...

I just got past the Human Ranch in Iselea, which isn't very far, so I may be missing a few things.

Anyway, storyline's a standard rehash, characters are cardboard in depth and complexity, and there's plenty of cliche's to go 'round. The gameplay, though...

Battles are awesome. Think somewhere between a fighting game and an RPG. Plus, your partner's AI isn't totally retarded. I'm up to about an 18-hit combo or so. And the normal difficulty mode is pretty tame, so it's a good way to start up. And despite what the game seems to think, my level 7 team was ROYALLY kicking that ball-and-chain guy's rear, even without Kratos, who is NOT "Unbelievable," as at least one of my characters outranked him in every stat but strength, which was a difference of about 4. So there.

So, don't expect Shakespeare or anything for storyline, but do expect a fun and interesting battle setup.

aces2022
07-19-2004, 11:47 AM
I have it and i think its great. Still its one of the best i have actully ever played. The battle system kicks ass, the voice actin is actully really good. It probably the best RPG for Gamecube to date. It would be cool if the tales series becomes Nintendo's Famed RPG series. Kinda like Final Fantasy to Playstation.
It's coming out for the PS2 :mad:

Dark Jim
07-19-2004, 05:07 PM
I just watched a few movies and now I definitely want this game now. We Europeans have to wait for around christmas I've read but I'm gonna look for an online shop and get it now. :D

AtmaWeapon
07-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Just to let everyone know, multiplayer would be great, if the camera didn't just center on Lloyd. This basically blocks out other players, so I suggest semi auto if you want to catch up with your party.

There's a configuration setting for "Auto battle zoom". I don't know whether that's the problem or not, but you may want to turn it off.

Blonde799
07-19-2004, 06:38 PM
That doesn't affect the problem at all, I've tried it the first day I got it. I think it affects the camera when other characters do spells or something, who knows. :shrug: