PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds

Pages : [1] 2

LegendarySlash
07-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Well sicne Hidden Duality was my first custom quest and I loved playing it, I have to try this 1 next. Are graphics and music generally the same? And how about difficulty?

DarkFlameWolf
07-16-2004, 11:09 PM
how about try it yourself and find out? :P

LegendarySlash
07-16-2004, 11:27 PM
how about try it yourself and find out? :P

Your such a kind person, really great at persuading fans to play your game (pure sarcasm). O well, I'm a sucker for zelda games and so far I like it. Death island looks awesome. How long did it take you to make this game?

DarkFlameWolf
07-16-2004, 11:59 PM
and you know that my post was sarcasm as well. ;) Took me around 5 months or so.

LegendarySlash
07-17-2004, 12:38 AM
and you know that my post was sarcasm as well. ;) Took me around 5 months or so.

LOL, sometimes I take things 2 seriously. Your very very skilled. I made a hack of my own, for the Legend of Zelda lttp. Well, I was a tester and overworld editor and boss editing for it. Check it out on the ACmlm's boards if you want, it's called legend of zelda omega. Omega's great, I'm glad to have helped him. I'm at level 2 now, and your quest owns. See ya later.

jw12454
07-17-2004, 02:25 AM
i still haven't found the candle yet any hints as to where it is please

Cepat
07-17-2004, 05:42 AM
Candle is in Lvl 2 Forest Island.

jw12454
07-17-2004, 12:49 PM
yes i finally found the candle thank you any way but where is the hammer

DarkFlameWolf
07-17-2004, 01:02 PM
hammer is in its own little dungeon.

LegendarySlash
07-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Ugh, never leave home without a potion in this game. Damn little snow cave did me in. I was almost at level 3 too. Damn. Anyway, so far this game is awesome. But, is it just me, or was there an extra key in level 2. I got the magical boomerang and the candle.

rpgaddict3
07-17-2004, 03:46 PM
No, Slash. It's not you. It's the game. Every level up to 7 has an extra key in it. There's some reasons for that, but you'll find out soon enough. (I found the game on another website, so I've been playing it about a week longer than most people. Gotten about halfway through Level 5.) As with HD, I'm working on a walkthrough for this game. It, too is in the middle of Level 5.
Anyway, now that the game is out in the open, I guess I no longer have to be secret about it, eh DFW? :) See ya!

LegendarySlash
07-17-2004, 11:15 PM
You sure? Because I didn't find an extra 1 in level 1. O well, tell me if there is 1, and ill go back to search.

GerrardCapashen
07-18-2004, 12:15 AM
There is one indeed :P. If you exit a level and you don't have one more key than you had when you entered ... then go back in and search. I can tell you that some of them are really hard to find :P

Cepat
07-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Concentrate hard at the entrance of Lvl 1, particularly at the moving eyes. You need to do something :D

DarkFlameWolf
07-18-2004, 01:34 AM
yes, if you go through the levels IN ORDER, you should have the number of keys as the level you just beat. (ex. you should have 5 keys extra if you beat level 5, 3 extra keys if you just beat level 3. etc.) But that's only if you go in order.

Odanaki
07-18-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm so glad this Quest is finally released.

I downloaded it from another site a few days ago. Finished Level 1. Nice graphics.

But I did not find Level 2. I travelled a lot without the shield. It is a nightmare, died at least 30 times. Any hint or I did not read the information at the end of Level 1 properly!

Redid Level 1 and noticed which Island is next. But I'm still stucked! :(

TIA.

GerrardCapashen
07-18-2004, 10:50 AM
look at DFW's sig. It has the map for his quest ;). What you are looking for is the forest island which is located in the middle left, just north of Death Island.

LegendarySlash
07-18-2004, 01:26 PM
i found the key with the crazy eyes i Level 2, and I went to check level 1 and sure enough crazy eyes.

DarkFlameWolf
07-18-2004, 02:48 PM
those are the only two for crazy eyes however.

Cepat
07-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Odinaki, you need to go visit Link's sister after you clear Lvl 1 for a surprise. Anyway that surprise is mentioned in the IOTW document.

LegendarySlash
07-19-2004, 01:16 AM
I beat Hidden Duality and am close to beating this one. (almost done with level 6.) I'll play the hyrule in chaos quest next. looks real awesome.

GerrardCapashen
07-19-2004, 11:24 AM
By the way, how am I supposed to get rid of these hookshot grabs blocking path to HCP??

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v328/gerrardcapashen/IotW_hookshot.jpg

Cepat
07-19-2004, 11:38 AM
You need to aim at the mushroom on the other side with the wand (after you got the Magic Book).

LegendarySlash
07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Can anyone give me a hint on the whereabouts of the white sword. I am about to beat level 6 without it. lol. please don't completely spoil it.

Cepat
07-20-2004, 02:19 PM
The White Sword is located in Waterfall Island.

LegendarySlash
07-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Yea, I searched that Island but forgot to check that triforce symbol area nd i see an unreachable heart piece. I'm gonna check that stuff out. Thanks.

DarkFlameWolf
07-20-2004, 03:53 PM
try everything. Many people seem to ignore the usage of certain items and then go around clueless why they can't find either of the two sword upgrades. (for those who have acquired them, you all know what item I'm talking about!)

LegendarySlash
07-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Yea, just tell me, do I need the magical book? A simple yes or no will do.

elise
07-20-2004, 04:32 PM
nope you don't need the book

DarkFlameWolf
07-20-2004, 04:43 PM
you only need the book to beat level 8, level 9, master dome, and to acquire two hc pieces. Other than that, its a useless item. j/k :P

LegendarySlash
07-20-2004, 04:54 PM
i must be missing something, because i cehcked for bushes to burn and got nothing, i blew the whistle everywhere and nothing, i bombed everything and nothing, and i see no possible entrance to that heartpiece. something weird is going on.

DarkFlameWolf
07-20-2004, 06:05 PM
you mean that heart piece on death island? Easy, wand fire/burn that bush at the very TOP of the screen to burn the bush at the very bottom. ;)

Odanaki
07-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Just to keep you informed of my journeys through the Islands. I found Level 3. 4. 5 and 7 before I could get to Level 2. By now, I have finished Level 2 and look forward for the next Levels.

I just hope it is playable for a while. I'm not a very gifted player.

By the way, it spells Odanaki. The name come from an indian village which is Odanak.

LegendarySlash
07-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I knew about that piece of heart, but it's ok I don't want to ask nemore. Strange, i Still cant find the white sword. UGH i'lls earch alittle more tonight and then check tomorrow

ill ask tomorrow if i need help. thanks.

Gendof
07-20-2004, 08:29 PM
DFW,
Great quest.
I'm through the first five levels but I cannot find the hammer. I'd say I've looked everywhere but everywhere in this quest is huge.
A not overly cryptic hint would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gendof

DarkFlameWolf
07-20-2004, 09:41 PM
The white sword is on waterfall island. From the lower left dock on desert island, follow the coast northwest to another dock and shove off like you're heading the route to Forest Isle. Turn left at the first branch, go down at the second, head up on the third branch. It'll take you to a small island. Traverse it, go past the link statue and off onto the next dock. Go up at the next raft branch. You'll come to a small land spit at the base of waterfall island, go north to the triforce mark. Play your darn whistle there. Enjoy your white sword. Should have acquired it shortly after getting 5 hearts. How is that being cryptic, eh?

As for the hammer, its in its own little dungeon. Check those mysterious pillars with triforce marks next to them. See if you can figure out what they are for.

idontknow
07-20-2004, 10:24 PM
There any custom bosses in this quest?

DarkFlameWolf
07-21-2004, 01:50 AM
nope, sorry. If I ever make another quest, it will have custom bosses, but not this one.

LegendarySlash
07-21-2004, 02:21 AM
THAT'S THE ONLY SCREEN I DIDNT BLOW MY WHISTLE ON. ugh!!!!!!!!

Foxx
07-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Ah, I thought I would try this quest after all the noise it was making.

I was treated with a very nice town, and route to level 1 around the home island. Then, everything opened way up, and the possibilities blew my mind. Finding level 2 was a bear, even with the hint. I read somewhere in the documentation that "it's okay to take potions into the dungeons." Well, level 2 was a breeze compared to what I had to go through to get to it. It didn't seem like there was an easy way to the Forest Island, and to get there it felt like I had to go through tougher areas. The dungeons, by the way, are your standard, fiendishly constructed, labyrinthine fare.

Now, through the first two levels, and I hear that level 3 is on an ice island somewhere. Hmmm, I haven't come close to any ice islands, and it feels like I've wandered the whole overworld over. Yikes.....

:spin:

JayeM
07-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey, Foxx, check out the Hints for this quest at the QDB...it has a map with the raft routes marked on it.

DarkFlameWolf
07-24-2004, 11:54 PM
good luck Foxx, it isn't a easy quest. But its certainly easier than Hidden Duality, if that's any indication. Have fun exploring, there are literally tons of areas to check out. But I do suggest taking a small detour to Waterfall Island to pick up the white sword before heading off the level 3.

C-Dawg
07-26-2004, 04:51 PM
I like the design of this quest. Good use of a standard graphics pack, and excellent way to break up the overworld. But... where's the plot? You could do so much more with a tight base like this...

Dark881288
07-26-2004, 05:37 PM
The quest is beautifly well done, but where the heck is Lvl-2?!

Pure set made well done and also beautiful graphics combined with Four Swords Link. 5/5

LegendarySlash
07-26-2004, 08:08 PM
There's a secret passage through the swamp. That's the only way I know. Water that should be deep isn't but appears that way. Check near the shop.

DarkFlameWolf
07-26-2004, 08:35 PM
well, originally there was going to be a plot. But well.......I chickened out. So I set up a minimum of plot in the form of Aryll, your sister, the fairy at the end of every dungeon and one other event. So I take full responsibility for that.

EDIT: *realizes who replied.......* O_o er.....Thanks C-dawg. lol :laughing:

Foxx
07-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Ah, very pretty. I did pick up the white sword (mostly by accident -- I just happened to land on the corner of Waterfall Island where it was located), and you're right. It makes an enormous difference, having twice your original power for attack. Level 3 wasn't too hard but took a while to wrap up, and I also happened to blow a 320-rupee shield running around trying to figure out how to get to the boss. Annoying.

Now, in level 4, I've gone through most of the rooms, but now it seems that every direction of further progress, requires the ladder, but I haven't picked it up yet, which means it must be in one of those apparently unreachable areas. What am I missing?

DarkFlameWolf
07-27-2004, 06:52 AM
The ladder is in the northern portion of the two part level 4. And its in the 'tail' portion of that northern part. You'll need 4-5 keys to get through all the rooms to reach it.

MottZilla
07-27-2004, 04:48 PM
How many people play ZC for the plot? That's right. Nobody cares about plot, just if they are having fun playing it. I might try your quest sometime, but it looks as though it's quite long, might be a few years before I finish it if I started.

C-Dawg
07-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Motzilla,

The reason they don't play ZC for the plot is that there are virtually no interesting quests out there WITH a plot. It's a supply problem, not a demand problem. Besides, you know my preference for games that combine old school zelda exploration with new-age plot trees.

DarkFlameWolf
07-27-2004, 06:22 PM
well C-dawg, consider this as my first tentative steps in the 'right' direction. My next quest, should there ever be one, will have more of these nifty story tricks.

chinostc
07-27-2004, 08:57 PM
I need some help with level 9. I've been running around the entire map, finding and picking up keys, over and over and over......... I'm 2 rooms short of the (*I think*) final battle with gannon. I think its 2 keys away, I have the boss key already. I've tried using the lens everywhere. I suspect the room in the middle top row of the map with the gannon statue and 2 exit warps, but i cant find the entry warps. HELP! This is an excellent quest, and I'm eager to finish it. I'd like to finish it without going through the master dome first.

On a little sidebar, I got sent back to the beginning by a wizzrobe on my way toward gannon, then some of the doors became one way and the map got stuck on the keyed doors level. I fixed it by going through a warp tile. Just in case this happens to anyone else.

LegendarySlash
07-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Um , try the flute and try bombing one of the rooms in the southern area of the level. don't forget to push blocks to open doors you think are only one way doors.

chinostc
07-27-2004, 09:07 PM
no the one way doors is a bug that happened when i got sent back to the beginning.
I've covered the entire map and whistled, and i'm still short keys. I remember one room that i whistled (NW portion of map i think)and it lead to a key. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the 2 exit warps I cant find the entries to.

chinostc
07-27-2004, 09:09 PM
and i used the lens,whistled, bombed, and super bombed the gannon statue in that room with the 2 exit warps

LegendarySlash
07-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Don't double post cuz it's against the rules, just edit your last post, and you should check every room agian, take your time, check the warps and see if you defeated the mini boss. Check the top right corner of the level cuz theres like 3 warps in that vicinity and check the bottom left where theres a door that unlocks due to a block push and leads to a warp.

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2004, 12:08 AM
keep track of how many bosses you defeated. That will tell you how many keys you have left to finish. Did you try bombing the north wall of the compass room with the super darknuts? As for that Ganon Statue, ever try the Silver Arrow? Hope this helps.

MottZilla
07-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Who the hell is "Motzilla"? And how the fuck should I know what your preference is.

Anyway, back to the topic, I tried Isle of Winds earlier today, and it was quite cool, however I'm done with level 1, but I've yet to find out where to go next. After finishing level 1, it says to go to an isle in the west (which I have, as well as one to the east) and couldn't yet atleast find anything of interest.

LegendarySlash
07-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Who the hell is "Motzilla"? And how the fuck should I know what your preference is.

Who said that?

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2004, 02:59 AM
well, keep exploring, you'll come across swamp island, desert island, waterfall island as common place touring spots on your way to forest island which does, in fact, lie northwest of town island. However, you must go north a ways, then west, and finally back down south to reach it.

chinostc
07-28-2004, 04:24 AM
Thank you! It was the one item i missed. I got the final key and finished the level. This is a very well designed quest and the first custom quest i've actually finished. The levels are the right difficulty and the overworld is huge. Tomorrow I'm off to the master dome and complete the game. I think I'll play Hidden Duality next.

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Note to chinostc: The Master Dome is meant to be cheap and was designed to kick your ass. :)

LegendarySlash
07-28-2004, 01:41 PM
That master dome is nothing compared to the Hidden duality one. And if you play a game for not only graphics but music and stuff, HIdden Duality is by far the best game, i've played it like 2 times already. Play it next man you'll love it. To me it's tougher than Isle of the winds.

Foxx
07-28-2004, 01:50 PM
The ladder is in the northern portion of the two part level 4. And its in the 'tail' portion of that northern part. You'll need 4-5 keys to get through all the rooms to reach it.
The keys weren't the problem, I had 6 keys going into that string of rooms. For some reason, something I had done in the room where you use the very first key, didn't work before (or so I thought), but it worked this time.... Hmmm. Anyway, I'm about to look for level 5 now... hopefully I can hang on to my magic shield this time. :spin:

Cepat
07-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Master Dome in IOTW is harder than the one in HDDC.
You're fighting some enemies which are rather a waste of time, like tornado/wind wizzrobes which you have to time them correctly & if you make a mistake, you'll be sent to the entrance. I think I wasted 5 hours trying to clear 3 tornado/wind wizzrobes screens & you say it's easy? All this just to get a key is really waste of time.

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2004, 04:03 PM
not wasted when the key goes somewhere. ;) And the entire master dome is a optional waste of time, so why were you doing it, if not to waste time? lol

Odanaki
07-28-2004, 05:35 PM
;) Hello!

I found a big bug in the Hammer Level. When I got the hammer, I decided to save the game right there. Going back to the game, I found myself in the last location of that Level. But Link did not appear and so I could not move.

By a chance I had made a Ghost of my disk two days earlier. So I have been able to start from Level 5.

By the way, I use version 192 beta 184. The bug might not appear in beta 183.

But I don't fell like restarting the game with beta 183, just to check if the bug is still there.

Except for the bizare heads of the multi heads dragons, I prefer using beta 184.

Now I look forward to finish Level 6.

Nice Quest, by the way.

elise
07-28-2004, 05:54 PM
made the same mistake and had the same bug in the same version when I was there
Lucky got a saved file from Ielen who was just on the same place in the 183 and took it further from there :)

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2004, 06:16 PM
183 does not have this bug. So these continuing errors are not a bug of the quest, but of the player you are using.

Cepat
07-29-2004, 12:08 AM
not wasted when the key goes somewhere. ;) And the entire master dome is a optional waste of time, so why were you doing it, if not to waste time? lol

Well, for one thing, it was to get something that will allow one to get two important items so as to expedite my journey to Ganon.
Another thing is I need to complete everything in a quest, even though it's a waste of time in the Master Dome.

DarkFlameWolf
07-29-2004, 07:05 AM
um..........allow one to get two important items? There are no important items in Master Dome of Isle of the Winds except for that letter. And that isn't required to beat level 9.

Cepat
07-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Well, giving the letter to the witch gives you a cheaper red potion & of course that key which opens all doors but not the boss door, well they're not important but useful.
Master Dome -> Letter -> Witch -> Two useful items.

DarkFlameWolf
07-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Okay, I've update the quest. I've submitted it to PureZC, and it is only a matter of time before they get it updated. Here are the changes due to complaints about the quest:
- Replaced the 50 rupee piece on Goron Isle with a 200 rupee piece so to help alleviate rupee fears.
- Added two new raft paths on the overworld:
-------> Raft path from the small desert island southeast of snow island to the lower base of the island with purple trees and a link statue just southwest of waterfall island. This better connects east and west on the northern overworld.
-------> Raft path from the small island left of Town island from the third dock, there is a new raft branch that leads DIRECTLY to forest island. You can skip desert island altogether, but you'd still need a super bomb to reach level 2.
- Decreased prices of super bombs and magic shields in ALL shops. This should stop pricing complaints. I am not going any lower.
-------> Magic Shield Prices - 320 to 275 / 250 to 200 / 140 to 120
-------> Super Bomb prices - 60 to 50 / 50 to 40
- Added around 6-8 more free Super Bombs on the overworld, all hidden under bushes. (the only odd one out is the one you get from the bomb lady after level 8.

LegendarySlash
07-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Perhaps I'll play again. I'm currently searching for the food or the ladder, whichever I find first in Cepat's quest. Ugh, there's not many clues in this game at all. *Continues to look*

Odanaki
07-29-2004, 06:26 PM
:odd: :rolleyes: :(

I think I need a little, little, little help, splease...

I'm at the end of Level 7 and I just cannot complete it.

On both sides, I haven't found the way to move the blocks that would allow me to go to the key doors. Do I need the second glove to do so. Or do I miss some clue at this point?

I can confirm that I downloaded the update version at 18H08m Advanced Eastern Time from PureZC. It is there all right.
:D

elise
07-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Odanaki I sent you a PM

Odanaki
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
:)

Thank you Elise.

I overlooked that clue all right. And I was a little scared that I couln't finish it with my infamous beta 184.

Thanks again!!

dbscar
07-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Odanaki I sent you a PM

Could you send me the same one as I am stuck there 2.

thanks,

deb

elise
07-30-2004, 10:41 AM
yes sent you the same one :)

SoStaci
05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
How do I access the top 3 rooms in Level 3?

First from left:It says I need a third key to enter this room, how do I find it?
Second from left:How do I complete the block puzzle?
Third from left:What do I need to access that sundial thing?

help plz, also, where's the ladder and diving suit?

SoStaci
05-09-2005, 10:37 PM
bump, help me plz

my 200th post btw

koopa
05-10-2005, 11:55 AM
help,

i'm stuck on death island (level 6 i think) and from the cross-shape room i can go left or up - i run into invisible enemies and die within 2 sec. is the cross somewhere in this dungeon (i hope so)?
ps. i've got 11 hearts - how many do need for the 3rd sword ?
pps. great quest, thank you dfw

DarkFlameWolf
05-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Keep going into rooms where you can still see enemies. If you stumble across a room where you can't see any enemies, you're going the wrong way for the cross. So keep exploring the enemy-seen rooms until you get to a room with two traps and four blue wizzrobes. Figure it out from there! :)

SoStaci
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
How do I access the 3 rooms to right of the lower-right entrance of level 3?

DarkFlameWolf
05-12-2005, 04:45 PM
go to the lower right room of level 3 that you can access easily and take a close look at those eye statues.

SoStaci
05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
a close look at those....

seems easier than i thought....NOT

:P

SoStaci
05-12-2005, 09:44 PM
duh, i'm stupid....it was obvious all along. I had to push.

Now how do I access Level 4?

Rakki
05-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I do believe you can get to it from the dock on the right side of the town. Level 4 is in the swamp(I've seen it already, lol), there's deep water you can walk over at some point on the island. Just go pressing against the stream till you find it, but I'm pretty sure it was near the shop on the island. After you get past the stream, just exploring a bit without crossing back over or leaving the island will lead you to Level 4.

SoStaci
05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
nvm, found Level 4 already...thx anyway.

Looks like I'll need the ladder to beat this stage....joy.

koopa
05-13-2005, 10:49 AM
help - i'm still stuck on death island. ok, i found the cross and the path through that room with the invisible spikes (after about 100 attempts), now i'm in the next room and stuck again. (Its the one where you stand on a small platform and if you move off you fall back to the entrance. The lantern lights up the room but not any path. The bats are no problem to kill. Anyone got a tip?

SoStaci
05-13-2005, 10:55 AM
i'm not at level 6 yet

sorry

DarkFlameWolf
05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
the lens, the lens is in level 6 and will reveal the invisible spikes and path. Keep searching! :)

SoStaci
05-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I need a direct path to get the cross. from start, what directions should I go in?

As for the hammer, where can I find it?

koopa
05-14-2005, 06:31 AM
SoStaci,
the cross is in level 6 (death island), read the tip dfw gave me (and bring a super bomb!). As for the hammer, there are 3 secret dungeons called A, B and C, i believe the hammer is in A but i haven't got it yet.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 08:14 AM
found the room with the 2 traps/4 wizrobes....couldn't figure it out. Used all items i could, nothing.

HELP

DarkFlameWolf
05-14-2005, 09:27 AM
you're in the right room! Don't give up! This is probably the most trickiest of all the puzzles. LOOK CAREFULLY AT THE GROUNG TILING! Also evil of me to have you fight invisible Lanmolas to get the Cross. ;)

Love For Fire
05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Hehe... I got stuck here too before... It has to do with one of the eye statues... I can't give this away... it's tricky.

koopa
05-14-2005, 09:31 AM
SoStaci,
look carefully at the floor. notice anything? ps. you don't need a super bomb after all, normal will do.
--select this text to show spoiler---
place the bomb to the right of the right block. a stairway is underneath. the bomb is best as if you want to blow a hole in the right wall
--end of spoiler--

koopa
05-14-2005, 09:33 AM
help, i just got the hammer and run into the bug (i saved at once)
do i have to start at the very beginning again with an older version of ZC or can i somehow copy my save file across?

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't have bug

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I need some more help.

1. Level 7:Where the hc piece is, 2 screens below Level 7 entrance. How do I get that? If I get it, I can get the Magic Sword

2. L7:How do I get the magic key? I'm lost.

Love For Fire
05-14-2005, 01:02 PM
The Heart Pieces on Desert Island both require items you get in Levels 7 and 8... you're better off trying to find one of the underwater Heart Container Pieces.
The Magic Key is not needed for Level 7, nor can you get it yet.

Level 7 is the Gemini. There are two sides to everything, and there are also two entrances. (I think you would be better off waiting until you get the Magic Sword to do Level 7.)

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I meant boss key, not magic key! And I beat the first 6 levels.

koopa
05-14-2005, 01:44 PM
you can get enough hearts for the magic sword by beating levels 1-6 (or any 6) and getting 12 hc pieces from other places: waterfall island (x2), forest island (x2), swamp (x1), town (x2), snow island (x2), under water (x2), and one extra i got (death island i think. but there are 2 more under water). If you find one of the underwater ones take a good look at the water where you have to dive ... and the other 3 should be easy.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 01:58 PM
now all i need is the boss key for l7 and i'm set.

DarkFlameWolf
05-14-2005, 04:33 PM
hint: find the room where you fought lots of red and blue wizzrobes and only got a damn bomb pack for your troubles. (its the identical room to where you got the boots in level 7) So look hard for differences between the two rooms!!!!! That should get you on the path to the boss key.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
no problem, got this in the bag

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 05:37 PM
like i said, no problem

Now how do I get the letter? Is it in Level B, C or D?

Is Level 4 sword in this game?

DarkFlameWolf
05-14-2005, 05:39 PM
first off, stop double posting. Its against forum rules. Simply edit your previous message. As for your questions: there is on level D. The letter is in the master dome after a LONG, HARD series of trials. And there IS NO level 4 sword in this game. Make do with level 3.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 05:41 PM
sry...i didn't know.

Figures, the letter is in the master dome. I'll need patience then.

Ok, wish me luck.

Love For Fire
05-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Good luck lol... this Master Dome I think was much harder than Hidden Duality... Made much easier if you happened to find the Fire Boomerang, very well hidden I might add.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Well I found the boomerang...now all i need is to figure out how to get the increased bracelet.

DarkFlameWolf
05-14-2005, 10:09 PM
level 8, my friend.

DarkFlameWolf
05-14-2005, 10:09 PM
level 8, my friend.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Of course....I was almost positive it'd be in Level 8.

Btw, you made this quest right? You certainly put a lot of effort into this cuz i'm 13 hours in now.

SoStaci
05-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Of course....I was almost positive it'd be in Level 8.

Btw, you made this quest right? You certainly put a lot of effort into this cuz i'm 13 hours in now.

DarkFlameWolf
05-15-2005, 08:48 AM
heh. You'd be surprised how much effort I put into these quests. At the most, combined time, Isle of the Winds took probably 2 weeks. (combined time!) Hidden Duality took maybe a week more. Making these quests isn't really hard for me. Hell I've made quests in 3-6 days flat. Ask any old-timer here. They can tell you.

DarkFlameWolf
05-15-2005, 08:48 AM
heh. You'd be surprised how much effort I put into these quests. At the most, combined time, Isle of the Winds took probably 2 weeks. (combined time!) Hidden Duality took maybe a week more. Making these quests isn't really hard for me. Hell I've made quests in 3-6 days flat. Ask any old-timer here. They can tell you.

SoStaci
05-15-2005, 08:59 AM
ok

Well, I ventured into the dome, and got my butt kicked. I did beat 2 of the areas, but can't proceed deeper (though i can still do the tasks). :(

SoStaci
05-15-2005, 08:59 AM
ok

Well, I ventured into the dome, and got my butt kicked. I did beat 2 of the areas, but can't proceed deeper (though i can still do the tasks). :(

Love For Fire
05-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Make sure you have the Red Mail before trying to do this. At least 14 Heart Containers helps as well... and a Red Potion. Most of the areas shouldn't be too difficult with the Red Mail, except for two... the one with the Mirror Wizzrobes/Super Darknuts, and the block puzzle one. Keep trying!

If there is one area you absolutely cannot beat, you could always just buy a key for 500 rupees on Volcano Island.

Love For Fire
05-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Make sure you have the Red Mail before trying to do this. At least 14 Heart Containers helps as well... and a Red Potion. Most of the areas shouldn't be too difficult with the Red Mail, except for two... the one with the Mirror Wizzrobes/Super Darknuts, and the block puzzle one. Keep trying!

If there is one area you absolutely cannot beat, you could always just buy a key for 500 rupees on Volcano Island.

Rakki
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
At the most, combined time, Isle of the Winds took probably 2 weeks. (combined time!) Hidden Duality took maybe a week more.
Whoa! How in the world do you come up with dungeons so quickly? I still haven't even STARTED on the first one in my quest, and I started making it weeks ago(though I haven't done any work in weeks, so, lol). Oh, and how did you do the switches that you slash and they switch the blocks being up and down? I can get it to switch once, but I can't figure out how to make it so it will switch back.

Rakki
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
At the most, combined time, Isle of the Winds took probably 2 weeks. (combined time!) Hidden Duality took maybe a week more.
Whoa! How in the world do you come up with dungeons so quickly? I still haven't even STARTED on the first one in my quest, and I started making it weeks ago(though I haven't done any work in weeks, so, lol). Oh, and how did you do the switches that you slash and they switch the blocks being up and down? I can get it to switch once, but I can't figure out how to make it so it will switch back.

koopa
05-21-2005, 04:07 AM
help,
i'm still stuck at level 6 - ok, i beat the level, found the cross and key, got the hammer from lvl A but i'm missing 1 key (i should have 6, right?). There seem to be 2 rooms at hte bottom right of the level that i can't get to, to the right from the one where i got the cross. anyone found all keys in level 6 ?

koopa
05-21-2005, 04:07 AM
help,
i'm still stuck at level 6 - ok, i beat the level, found the cross and key, got the hammer from lvl A but i'm missing 1 key (i should have 6, right?). There seem to be 2 rooms at hte bottom right of the level that i can't get to, to the right from the one where i got the cross. anyone found all keys in level 6 ?

Grandeur
05-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Okay, first off, I think this game rocks. For those of you who think ZC isn't about plot, i beg to differ. Well... maybe there isn't a real indepth plot, but I like the concepts just the same. Very challenging.

I was wondering if someone could list off all the dungeons in order, because I'm getting lost on which islands to go to. The one I'm having trouble with, believe it or not, is the 2nd dungeon. Why? Because I don't whether its on Swamp Isle or Forest Isle. And in either case, I don't know how to reach the temple on either of them.

If you could answer, I'd appreciate it cuz I'd love to get back to the game.

Grandeur
05-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Okay, first off, I think this game rocks. For those of you who think ZC isn't about plot, i beg to differ. Well... maybe there isn't a real indepth plot, but I like the concepts just the same. Very challenging.

I was wondering if someone could list off all the dungeons in order, because I'm getting lost on which islands to go to. The one I'm having trouble with, believe it or not, is the 2nd dungeon. Why? Because I don't whether its on Swamp Isle or Forest Isle. And in either case, I don't know how to reach the temple on either of them.

If you could answer, I'd appreciate it cuz I'd love to get back to the game.

Rakki
05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
The second level is on Forest Island. You know that one screen with the big rock blocking your way? You have to super bomb that to blow it up. Then Level 2 is just inside the log in that screen.

Rakki
05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
The second level is on Forest Island. You know that one screen with the big rock blocking your way? You have to super bomb that to blow it up. Then Level 2 is just inside the log in that screen.

koopa
05-27-2005, 06:11 AM
i'm not going to reveal all dungeons here, but :
level 1 - Town Island
level 2 - Forest Island (not so easy to find)
level 3 - Snow Island (not so easy to find)
level 4 - swamp island
level 5 - waterfall island
you need a super bomb to access each of these except level 1. They can be bought in a shop but you have to find it ...
Arter these 5 you should have a raft and flippers which makes it a lot easier to find the rest. Note that there is also 1 extra key and 2 items or weapons in each level up to 7, it's worth finding all.

Rakki
05-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I take it you've beaten this quest already, koopa? :p

By the way, should I be coming out of all these levels with extra keys? I've gotten through all of level 5 already, I'm heading to level 6 now(though I don't have the 5th Triforce piece because I can't kill that stupid dragon... -_-; ), and I have 4 keys. I came out of level 1 with 1 I think, level 2 with 3, though that's cause I was in levels 3 and 4 before that and I grabbed a key in level 3 I think, then I've had 4 keys after every level since 3. And another thing, shouldn't I have the white sword by now? That's the reason I haven't actually gotten the Triforce piece from level 5 yet, because I couldn't kill that dragon with my wimpy wooden sword, and I don't have any potion because I don't have the letter yet. Though I DID find a shop which sells blue potion without needing the letter, so I might head back to 5 to try and get the Triforce piece again.

DarkFlameWolf
05-27-2005, 12:54 PM
the white sword can be acquired after level 2. Its on waterfall island on its lowest tier.

Love For Fire
05-27-2005, 01:28 PM
And forget about the letter... that's the last thing you get. By the end of Level 7, you should have 7 extra keys, one from each level. Otherwise you will have to buy them on Volcano Island for 500 rupees each.

Rakki
05-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Ahh jeez, I found that sword earlier, but I hadn't been back to Waterfall Island since the first time I was there until I had to find it, since the 5th level is there. Thanks for the reply, DFW, and LFF. By the way, DFW, I asked how you did those slashable switches like in level 3 a bit up the page here, but you didn't answer. I was just wondering if you wanted to answer that, or if you'd rather not give that away.

DarkFlameWolf
05-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Wrong Love for Fire, the Master Key should be the last item you acquire. LOL Because it takes the letter to make that item buyable! LOL
As for your question about those switches, I simply made each block of a higher-tier secret combo directing the game to look for the lowered blocks and then had the lower blocks direct the game to look for the raised blocks. So that it starts a endless cycle of lowered and raised blocks whenever a 'secret' is triggered on that screen. Simple but a bit buggy though.

Rakki
05-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I have the blocks set up right, but I can't get the switch itself to change the blocks. I tried to get it to switch between the "sword(any)" and "trigger" secret flags, using tiered secrets, but it just gets stuck on one of them, though it'll still let me slash it, and it still makes the secret sound, like in level 3 of IotW.

koopa
05-29-2005, 05:46 AM
rakki, yes i beat the whole quest. those keys - as LFF said there's one extra in levels 1-7. And one extra just after level 8, you'll know what i mean when you get there. Those dragons - the thing to do is either stand on their body and whack the heads, or stand between body and heads facing sidewards. either way, you'll need a potion and lots of luck/skill.

Rakki
05-29-2005, 03:56 PM
It wasn't luck/skill I needed, it was the dang white sword. I didn't even need the potion after I got it. =| So yeah, now I've beaten that punk since I did get the white sword. As for the keys, I guess I better go back to some past levels after I'm finished in 6, to look for the other extras...

koopa
05-30-2005, 02:35 PM
the best way to look for things - keys, anything - is something you'll find in level 6. getting all keys there isn't easy either - i made a complete fool of myself and had to ask dfw for something that when i look at it now is sooo easy ... and i tried for hours, too. ps. took me long enough to find that white sword. and i would have needed only to have beaten level 2 (i was in level 6 beating around with the wooden sword, and getting nowhere, i mean really nowhere)

Hieronymus
06-02-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd love a hint on the location of the fire boomerang. I've completed the quest once, including the master dome, and never saw it...

Awesome quest, BTW.

Love For Fire
06-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Search the waters off the shore of the Desert Island.

koopa
06-03-2005, 07:11 AM
the fire boomerang? i suggest you use the lens, that's how i found it. it's not as hard to find as you might think. Oh, and there's a golden arrow too, that is hard to find.

koopa
06-03-2005, 10:13 AM
i'm currently writing a sort of walkthrough of the levels. as was said in this forum, levels 1-7 have an extra key in them each.

I've so far counted keys and found (not counting the boss keys)
Level 1 - 5 keys
Level 2 - 6 keys
Level 3 - 7 keys
Level 4 - 8 keys
Level 5 - 9 keys

of course there's 1 key door less than keys in each level.
I'll post what i found in the rest soon, together with (perhaps) level maps. though i think i can guess ...
Here's one of level 1 (made small so i don't break the width. copy into a text editor to read)

Level 1 - Taurus /Town Island (easy)
Shop: Bomb (35), Arrow (50), Blue Potion(65)
Hearts: 1 requires lantern, 1 flippers
Bomb upgrade: bottom right corner of island

Keys: 5
Items: Bow, Arrow, Flute
Mini-Boss: 2 Dodongos (Easy), 2 Bombs each
Boss: 2 Aquamentus (Easy), 5 HP each

Numbers: Tunnels
*: mini-boss
**: boss
T: triforce piece
K: Key
I: Item
k: key door
bk: boss key door
b: bombable wall/block
c: closed door
<>^v: one-way or access from one side only
M, C: Map, Compass
BK: Boss key

A B C D E F G H
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
7 |2 |---|B | |** |---|T |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
| bk
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
6 | |---|* | |bI |-c-| |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
b
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
5 |K 2| |1 | |1 K| | |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
k v | k
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
4 | |---| I |-b>| |---| K|
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
| c b
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
3 | C| |M |-b>| |---| |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
c | | k
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
2 | |---| K |---| BK|<c-| |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
^ k
+---+ +---+
1 | |-b-| K|
+---+ +---+
|

before dungeon: get sword, bombs from town
after dungeon: get raft from town

- bomb cracks in walls and cracked blocks
- some rooms have paths that need an item to open
- music tiles with flute
- shoot eyes of statues

Mini-Boss: 2 bombs each.
Boss: shoot each with 3 arrows

Keys:
E1 - push small left statue
C5 - shoot arrow into statue's eye

Items:
Arrow - D4
Bow - C6
Flute - F6
Keys - E1, D2, F4, C5, E5, boss key E2
Map/Compass: D3/C3
Mini-boss: C6
Boss: G7

MSquared
06-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Great quest, I've enjoyed playing it, but I'm stuck in level 6. I have found the lens of truth and the cross. I then found this room in the right (eastern) part of the level that is a maze. It has two traps, two dodongos, red wizzrobes, and ghosts. I killed them all off, but nothing happens. My lens of truth doesn't reveal anything either, except that the middle blocks are crazy eyes. Is there a way through this maze? The only way out is to go left, but I want to get into the room that is to the right. Thanks.

DarkFlameWolf
06-26-2005, 04:51 PM
just take a closer look at those crazy eyes my friend. :)

cpoet
06-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Good Day Folks for what its worth

Phoenix :p
06-28-2005, 05:47 AM
If you're speaking about the old witch that doesn't talk to you, maybe you'll get the letter after having completed levels 7 or 8, alongside with the Master Dome. Buy 2 blue potions instead, and complete level 4 to get the blue armour first, or the boss will fry you in no time.

cpoet
06-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks Phoenix

Cpoet

cpoet
06-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Blue Tunic? Finished level four and well into level five, and the
dungeon named B up from Links home.

Need a shield or something, getting slautered everystep hehehehe

Cpoet

Rakki
06-28-2005, 07:49 PM
It's been a while since I played this last, but if I remember correctly, there's a shop in the swamp that sells the Magic shield. Look around the swamp there to see if you can find it.

Pineconn
06-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm in the 5th level and can't beat the 8-headed (or whatever) Gleeok without the Blue Armor... Would someone be so kind as to tell/hint me where it is? :D

Bombis
06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Would someone please give me some directions to the hammer level. I can't find it i read the clue about pillars but didn't catch that.

06-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Isn't the blue armour in level 4??? I'm almost sure of this, though I haven't played this quest for quite a long time. Pinneconn, I had exactly the same problem as you!

## Edit ##

[Quoting Darkflamewolf:]

the blue mail was given in level 4.

## End of Edit ##

So yeak, this item is definely in level 4.

Cpoet, there IS a shield for sale in the swamp, and I posted a message about it long ago. Darkflamewolf added that there is a shield somewhere for free. I might look for the thread and tell you which one it is.

## Edit ##

I've just spent a quarter of an hour looking for this thread and I found this:

[I quote myself^^]:

In fact, Isle of the Winds is not that hard to finish without help although yeah, when I tried to get past some huge monsters when I had 6 hearts, the small shield and the green tunic, I lost lots and lots of lives. I personnaly got my first big shield in Death Island, just East of Level 6, for 200 rupees. The other ones are worth 275 if I remember well...

[Another of my posts:]

The 275-rupee shield can be found in the Swamp, at X1, Y3, that is to say: in theory, from the Windmill, go west all the time until youreach the west border of the map and here it is. Normal way: go to the Swamp with your raft, try and make your way there , going East all the time whenever possible. Just reach the location I gave you. Hmm, I am not sure you can access the shop yet, but I think so... Good luck!!!

And Darkflamewolf replied: [Quote]

well, the game was built with the explorer in mind. If you're uncomfortable with exploring a big world with little to no direction, then don't bother playing it. This quest isn't especially gunning for a vast general audience, even though it has received that audience regardless. The fairies at the end of every dungeon DO tell you roughly where the next dungeon should be. But in the end, I made the quest non-linear enough so you could tackle any dungeon in ANY order based on YOUR skill level. If you're an expert and can dodge 30+ Digdogger childs on a screen with ease, then by all means, skip to level 7 and try it on, if you're a newbie and can't fight Aquamentus, then by all means, just go to level 2, the next level in sequence. This game was not meant to be rushed through, although some have tried to make speed runs of it. So this quest is only as hard or as easy as you want it to be. As for the magic shield, technically you don't have to buy it at all. But if you must, skip to level 5, grab the flippers, swim to Volcano island and reach the summit to buy the cheapest magic shield possible: 150 rupees.

## End of Edit ##

Bombis, I'm sorry but I forgot everything about the hammer level... I do remember that it wasn't THAT tough to access the extra stages. First things first: do you have some equipement like the whistle and the things that help you swim? You would be able to access many areas with these. Maybe to the hammer level.

DarkFlameWolf
06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
The hammer level is a straight shot south of Volcano island.

looney linklord
06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
hey, i'm new to this, but can someone help me. there's a room in level one where you play the flute and a block disappears. but the others wo'nt move.

Pineconn
06-30-2005, 04:02 AM
(Thanks about the Blue Armor! :) )

Okay, I have a MUCH LARGER problem. And this cannot be fixed without DarkFlameWolf's help. I just beat Level A and got the Hammer, then warped to the beginning with that yellow warp. (See pic below.) I saved. Then continued. And started in the Hammer chest room.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/zelda034.bmp

There I am, at the top-left of the screen, proof by the eyeballs looking at me. This can be fixed, just put a green tile thingy, in ZQuest, at the bottom of the screen!

Now, I am very angry that I cannot continue. Bombs, whistle, restarting: nothing works to fix this. To help me, there are 2 possibilities. 1) Give me the password (privately, duh) so I can open ZQuest and fix it. -OR- 2) I can send you my file and you can fix it yourself, then send it back.

I would appreciate either choice. Remember that you should need to fix it on your master file, too, then upload it back up. (Remember to test this with Levels B and C, too.)

Thanks for any support. I'll look forward to responses.

Bombis
06-30-2005, 04:21 AM
The hammer level is a straight shot south of Volcano island.

Thank you.

I now have have the same problem as the previous poster but in level B.

elise
06-30-2005, 05:22 AM
Pineconn are you playing it in the right version 183 ?
I had that same problem when I just didn't listen to DFW and played it in 184.
If you are playing it in the 184 you can try to put your save file in the 183,
sometimes it gets you out this bug

06-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Isn't this quest intended ONLY for v183?

Either way, just download v183, install it and stuff, copy the zelda.sav file from the Zelda Classic where your saved games are (v184, v210, etc.) to the folder where v183 is. Then you won't have any more problems.

PS: Personally, I played this game on a version that doesn't bug when you look at the overworld map, and I shifted to v183 when I had this flag problem. Complicated? Undoubtly, but without the overworld map it's quite difficult to see where you are and where to go!

looney linklord
06-30-2005, 02:19 PM
i need help getting to the island with the second triforce

Pineconn
06-30-2005, 03:08 PM
No, I'm using 2.10. I'll download 183 and see if it works. The problem, if isn't fixed, really should be.

EDIT: Strike that; how do you open an already-played game with a different version of Zelda Classic? If you can't, *hint* password */hint* would be nice... from DarkFlameWolf... ;)

Died 99 times; at end of 5th dungeon. Really don't want to restart completely.

And to the previous post, the island with the 2nd triforce, Forest Island, is to the west of Town Island. Get the raft from your sister to get there. Bon Voyage it is!

06-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Pineconn :

EDIT: Strike that; how do you open an already-played game with a different version of Zelda Classic? If you can't, *hint* password */hint* would be nice... from DarkFlameWolf...

I don't know if you can play from 2.10 to 1.92 beta 183, but I can see no reason why it wouldn't! I don't think that Darkflamewolf password-protected her quest to give the password away when a problem like that arises. Just try what I advised you and tell us if it worked, ok?

I'll tell you the step-by-step procedure to open an already-played game with a different version of Zelda Classic if what I posted just before wasn't precise enough to help you:

- Download Zelda Classic v1.92 Beta183 from http://zc.afterblur.com/zc192b183.exe (go to http://www.zeldaclassic.com/ > Download ZC > Zelda Classic v1.92 Beta183 if this link is broken.)

- Execute the program zc192b183.exe, it will install.

- When the window "Completing the setup Wizard..." appears, untick the box "Run ZC..." and click "Finish."

- Open Windows Explorer.

- Go to the folder where ZC 2.10 is.

- You should find the "zelda.sav" file (if 2.10 is organized the same way as previous versions.) Copy it and paste it in the directory in which you installed ZC 1.92 beta 183.

- Run ZC 1.92 beta 183. Your saved games should appear. Select the one you want to load.

- If you've got an "Error loading quest - Quest not found" message, you need to reconfigure "Quest Dir" - the folder in which ZC looks for quests. To do so, press "Esc", click "Misc.," then "Quest Dir," and browse your HDD(s) to select the folder in which your downloaded quests are.

It should work quite well now! Just keep in mind that if you use the overworld map more than once, the game will crash and your current game won't be saved. Frustrating.

elise
06-30-2005, 07:11 PM
You can't exchange the 210 save file with another version
only the 183 with the 184

cpoet
06-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, that was cute, as the fin

Pineconn
06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Ah, I see. A mistake in the game won't let me continue. :unhappy: And it seems that I cannot keep going, despite the late nights I played the game.

Just try what I advised you and tell us if it worked, ok?

No, it didn't work. :confuse2: I guess elise is right. I'll just wait until DarkFlameWolf decides what to do. I'm patient, I s'pose... :)

cpoet
07-02-2005, 09:33 PM
[B]I have come far into this quest, enjoying it all the way,
but now

koopa
07-03-2005, 03:42 AM
as far as i know level c requires the hammer from level a, its some time ago i did it but i'm sure i newer shot anything diagonally

edit: where exactly in level c? what floor tile? i checked again can't find what you mean.

cpoet
07-03-2005, 10:16 AM
:) Thanks for the info

07-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Pineconn, I'm sorry that my trick didn't work... I've never ZC 2.10 yet.

cpoet, I don't remember this cave/dungeon at all. If there IS something to shoot diagonally, try the (blue) boomerang. Or you might need the magic wand if there are mirrors that deflect the wand shoot up, down, left and right. If there is a chain reaction like that, it might be the solution. Just remember that these are just suggestions, for I don't remember this dungeon.

Deavante
07-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Anyone mind tossing in some tips about the link statues? I've just finished level 3 and can't seem to find a single link statue that any of my items affect. I'm guessing that each one has an individual activation method, but so far myself and a friend have yet to unlock a single one. Thanks for any advice or clues.

koopa
07-05-2005, 11:36 AM
those link statues - they are all opened the same way, the same as levels A B C, the same as in fact most things in this game. super bomb!

About levels A, B, and C:
A is on an island in the big ocean, with a link statue on it as well, just left of waterfall island.
B is just to the right of town island, req, hookshot, hammer
C is top right of desert island, whistle in the very middle of the diamond. req. hammer, flippers, mirror shield.

[edit]
AND A WARNING TO ALL THOSE ATTEMPTING LEVELS A,B,C
are you using zc beta 1.83? if not
============================================
DO NOT SAVE JUST AFTER GETTING THE ITEMS
or your save file will be trashed. rather return to town island and save there. you have been warned. several people in this forum have made the mistake, me included.

[edit]
about that level B statue - you don't shoot it. go 1 room further to the left and investigate the tile near the top with the wand.

Pineconn
07-06-2005, 12:31 AM
DO NOT SAVE JUST AFTER GETTING THE ITEMS
or your save file will be trashed. rather return to town island and save there. you have been warned. several people in this forum have made the mistake, me included.

This would have been so nice to have known earlier. :rolleyes: DarkFlameWolf should either fix this or warn about it in the readme...

Oh, and still stuck in Levels A's Abyss of the Un-Move Glitch, just to let ya' know (if anyone cares, really :rolleyes: ).

koopa
07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Pineconn, I do care for you :) ... I got stuck there myself. If you're playing ZC 2.10, sorry, start again from the beginning ... in beta 1.83 or 1.84.
There is to my knowledge no way of fixing zc2.10 save files.
Saves can however be freely copied between beta 1.83 and 1.84 (the file is zelda.sav). I recommend using 1.84 as if you use the map more than once in 1.83 it crashes. not good. you can still get stuck in 1.84 but then copy the save to 1.83 (this version does not have the get-stuck-bug) , move, save somewhere else, copy the save back to 1.84, continue playing.

jobe36
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey guys. Iv been having some trouble as to locating the underwater heart pieces.Iv nearly scoured the entire map with the lens(time extensive =x)but have received no clue as to the whereabouts of these elusive things.Iv discovered the fire boomerang and countless red and purple rubies.Does anyone have a hint as to what i should be looking for? Perhaps rock formations pointing in a direction,maybe something to do with the mermaid statues?Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

ps: This quest is hard but I love the music selection and the layout :)

elise
07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Pineconn
This would have been so nice to have known earlier. DarkFlameWolf should either fix this or warn about it in the readme...
Please Use beta 183 to play this!

you can read this in the description before you download :)
and it is a known bug it 's also already mentioned earlier in this thread :shrug:

DarkFlameWolf
07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
why should I fix something that was never a problem or a bug when tested in beta 183? For which the quest was made with and meant for? And I'm not entirely sure how to port any of my quests over to 2.10 successfully without totally revamping the entire structure of the quest.
EDIT: The underwater heart pieces are easy to find really. On some islands you'll find eyeball statues and you'll also find mermaid statues. Follow the eyeball trails south or the mermaid's gaze west until they cross to come across one of four oddly shaped wave formations. Dive in the center of those waves.

looney linklord
07-07-2005, 04:34 PM
i can get to the forest island and the screen with the second level entrance, but i cant get in,do i need a super bomb?

07-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes, you need one for every dungeon. (Technically not for the one in the Swamp, if you've got the item.) Buy them in Desert Island (not the island where level 2 is.)

jobe36
07-08-2005, 12:38 PM
It appears that I am in a pickle.I have completed stages 1-8,A,and C. The problem I keep having is when I run across those yellow wizard fellows.Iv tried all the items I have in which I think im only missing the mirror shield and the letter.Im suspecting that the mirror shield is required to defeat these buggers for there is a room in Level C that has mirrors that reflect their shots as well as my rod.Even so, I still cant defeat them.Using a full mana bar,the 1/2 magic ability,and both potions to refill, I cant seem to even defeat one.Perhaps I may be going at it the wrong way but Iv run out of ideas.Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

DarkFlameWolf
07-08-2005, 04:18 PM
the mirrors in that room are more to hinder you than to help you. (Unlike the boss in level B) So its best to avoid using magic at all around those mirrors. Come back when you have the mirror shield from Level B.

cpoet
07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Finished 1 - 5, and part of six. On death Island the huge
block with the familuar small triangle next to it, what in the
sam hill does it take to move it. 25, bombs and 4 super duper ones later it is still motionless wahhhhaaaaaa!

Did they say there is a boomer rang of fire in this quest? And
if so where in what general area might it be found? Have drank
a lot of water dunking.

Cpoet

koopa
07-12-2005, 05:43 AM
try standing on it and whistle. but it's not much use until you've finished level 6. (Afterwards is is VERY useful). That fire boomerang, yes it exists and is in the water , try using the lens to search.

cpoet
07-12-2005, 08:39 AM
My problem is finding the lens. I have most of the items, but lack a
couple.

Thanks Koopa, any idea where? (general area) to search?

MSquared
07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm stuck again. This time in the world after level 8. I found the windmill in this world and have gotten the first key. However, I just keep dying when I fight the mini-boss to get the boss key. Are there any potions around? Thanks.

DarkFlameWolf
07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
well, you start on the island near a cave, enter that cave to find a shop that sells potions.

07-12-2005, 01:46 PM
This is tricky indeed, you actually exit this cave when you arrive at the Nightmare :)

MSquared
07-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks...I found that cave with the shop, except the only potion I can buy is magic potion, not life potion. There's blue life potion in the rear of the shop along with a heart and another shield, but I can't purchase it. The only things I can buy are the shield for 125, the magic for 25, and another key for 500. Is there sopmething obvious I'm not picking up on?

07-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Is it a blue potion? If yes, and it should, buy it. It represents 1 dose of Life Water. Buy another one, and it will turn red: then you've got 2 doses of it. You can't buy magic potions like in Zelda3 or Zelda64.

koopa
07-13-2005, 09:12 AM
the lens is in level 6 and not easy to find. The tips I got were: if you find invisible enemies before you find the lens you're going the wrong way, though the lens room itself has invisible enemies. Also bring a bomb and if you think you're at a dead end, look closely at the floor.

As for the fire boomerang, try the general area near the centre of the overworld.

EDIT: and for further tips look through this forum.

cpoet
07-13-2005, 10:24 AM
:) Koopa Thanks again at least I will be headed in the right direction.

cpoet
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
:) Koopa Thanks again at least I will be headed in the right direction.

Wow! Entered level 6 and strange things began, but only after having picked up the fire boomerrang. Walked into the dungeon and used the fire b on several enemies and the screen halted and became an orange brown and showed Link in a small square far to the left. Had to reset the game.

By the way I'm using

koopa
07-13-2005, 12:09 PM
nice to see you got the fire boomerang ...
that bug, happened to me before but it's not tragic, usually pressing F6 and saving helps. 183 is the right version for this game. Though it crashes if you use the map in the overworld more than once, a thing to remember when searching for places. Have you found that lens yet?
btw. It's about time to think of getting the hammer, if you haven't got it already. And after level 6 you can get enough hearts for the 3rd and final sword.

EDIT: and as you see, you can edit your own posts, so double posting two times in a row is not necessary

cpoet
07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
:) Gads what have I done?

DarkFlameWolf
07-13-2005, 05:35 PM
the master dome won't be accessible until after level 8. So don't get excited yet. ;)

cpoet
07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
the master dome won't be accessible until after level 8. So don't get excited yet. ;)

:) Here we go again

koopa
07-14-2005, 05:43 AM
er, what three windmills? I know of two ...
and that level 2 glove is exactly what you need to get into master dome, so ... level 8! but if you mean the windmill on town island, well ... beat level 8! It doesn't require the power glove, there's another "entrance".

07-14-2005, 07:00 AM
There are some "Windmills" that look like the statue in Zelda 3 in Kakariko Village, you get the bird from it. If you are talking about these statues, you must blow the whistle to get past them. The path leads to Level 9 though, so you don't need to get there for the moment.

cpoet
07-14-2005, 09:30 AM
There are some "Windmills" that look like the statue in Zelda 3 in Kakariko Village, you get the bird from it. If you are talking about these statues, you must blow the whistle to get past them. The path leads to Level 9 though, so you don't need to get there for the moment.

Yes I blew the whistle, and things changed. So, now I'm back to those pesky wizzrobes in yellow. Scratching head a I know
nothing kills them. At least nothing I have
Well, off the finish B, and C if possible

Thanks again folks

These are windmills with the birds on top. There are three of them in a triangle.

07-14-2005, 09:54 AM
To destroy these pesky yellow wizzrobes, you need the Mirror Shield. And, to get the Mirror Shield, you need to destroy some yellow wizzrobes. Nice, huh?

In one of the A-B-C dungeons, there is a room where there are some yellow wizzrobes and LOTS of mirrors (they form two "ovals", I think.) Use your magic wand to shoot one of the mirrors, take cover and enjoy!

Love For Fire
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
The Magic Wand would take forever to kill one of those... You could just let the wizzrobe blast the mirror himself by standing in between him and one and then running.

The hard part is living after killing it. I don't think he comes back. I've done rooms similar to this... maybe DFW should've put some magic sponge blocks that pop up and absorb all the free flying magic after the enemy is killed.

cpoet
07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
oh well, such is life

07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
The Magic Wand would take forever to kill one of those... You could just let the wizzrobe blast the mirror himself by standing in between him and one and then running.

The hard part is living after killing it. I don't think he comes back. I've done rooms similar to this... maybe DFW should've put some magic sponge blocks that pop up and absorb all the free flying magic after the enemy is killed.

I don't remember that these wizzrobes' magic is reflected by the mirrors. Anyway, if your solution is faster than mine, so much the better! :)
owever, I shot only once and my magic blast multiplicated I don't know how... That's why I had thought it was the only solution against those wizzrobes. :(

DarkFlameWolf
07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
well, for the boss of level B, that is the solution. Either shoot magic into a mirror or let the wizzrobe do it himself and dash like a madman to the northern door and watch the magic multiply and kill the wizzrobe. That's the only mirrorobe that you MUST face without a mirror shield.

cpoet
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
well, for the boss of level B, that is the solution. Either shoot magic into a mirror or let the wizzrobe do it himself and dash like a madman to the northern door and watch the magic multiply and kill the wizzrobe. That's the only mirrorobe that you MUST face without a mirror shield.

Thats just great I get in there and fire like crazy and run for the door. Two or three shots wiz around the mirrors hit the wizrobes and thats it. I'm out of magic and they are just
smiling back with that crap eating grin. PS OOOps must be
in wrong room, as I see no northern door, only one is at bottom. PS which one we talking about "B" or "C". I'm in "C"

kopitiambread
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM
For level 7, I just realised after finding the boss key, I'm left with only 5 keys instead of 7 keys and I've looked through the whole level already... Are the keys hidden some bombable block?

07-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Look for them in the other dungeons if you are speaking about extra keys. I don't remember where they are in level 7.

cpoet, the layout of the room (in dungeon B or C, I don't remember either...) is like this : mirrors make a sort of oval/circle. There is a door to the south and one to the north.

cpoet
07-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Look for them in the other dungeons if you are speaking about extra keys. I don't remember where they are in level 7.

cpoet, the layout of the room (in dungeon B or C, I don't remember either...) is like this : mirrors make a sort of oval/circle. There is a door to the south and one to the north.

Thanks, I was in the wrong room. Now to Level six perhaps!

koopa
07-15-2005, 10:51 AM
level 7- i counted a total of 5 keys in that level, and only 4 key doors. (as always not counting the boss key) so that's ok.

cpoet
07-15-2005, 04:28 PM
:) Thanks for all the help

07-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Level 6 Is Gemini, isn't it? If you don't succeed in one side, write all the odd things that you can see on a sheet of paper, and then try to go to the other side/entrance of the dungeon. Repeat the process if necessary.

cpoet
07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
:) So this should be ok now?

koopa
07-16-2005, 03:49 AM
Level 6 has only 1 entrance! Level 7 is Gemini.

Those invisible things are "spiky blocks", like the ones in the 2nd room with the bats, they can't be killed. To get the cross, find a path to thhe top right of the level (actually 1 left of the top right corner) without passing invisible enemies. You have to bomb walls and walk through invisible ones to do this, there is also a 2nd path which does have invisible enemies. Then Look at the floor and bomb the stairs open. When you hit a room with invisible lanmolas on a sandy floor, kill them for a cross. With the cross go look for the lens, then use the lens in that wierd room.

cpoet
07-16-2005, 01:25 PM
:) So will this help?

07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Other side or entrance? Never knew there was a second side to level 6. Know of the double side in level 7 is Gemini

Oops, sorry! Haven't played this quest for a while...

cpoet
07-16-2005, 08:18 PM
:) So long and Tah tah

cpoet
07-16-2005, 08:25 PM
:) Bye for now

MasterSwordUltima
07-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Roar, don't double post. Thats like the third time someone has been told not to do that in this thread alone. >:O

Anyway, jeez, I haven't played a Zelda Classic Quest in years, so I picked this up, and jeez, I'm stuck in the first dungeon. :O I got all the necessary keys, including the Boss Key. I have yet to even find the Boss' room. I have the Bow/Arrows and the Ocarina...roar. Just can't find that boss room...used up many a bomb looking for it too...[quite the quest, btw, freakin' pwns so far...and I'm only level 1 :O]

cpoet
07-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Well don't worry I'm gone.

Kingboo30
07-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I got the cross but looking for the lens. The cross was a bit normal for me to find. But I can't seem to find those lens. are they past the room with the empty room with a key on the bottom? If so I need to know how to get past this maze that kills you. and what's the maz solution too the room with 2 dodongos with other guys and 2 traps? I suspect it's past there.

I found A dungeon but all the rooms shutters won't open and the hidden staircase doesn't help me out.Lot of questions.

DarkFlameWolf
07-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Anyway, jeez, I haven't played a Zelda Classic Quest in years, so I picked this up, and jeez, I'm stuck in the first dungeon. :O I got all the necessary keys, including the Boss Key. I have yet to even find the Boss' room. I have the Bow/Arrows and the Ocarina...roar. Just can't find that boss room...used up many a bomb looking for it too...[quite the quest, btw, freakin' pwns so far...and I'm only level 1 :O]

Well, it only gets better beyond level 1. Its a big wide world out there and a friggin crapload of things to find and do. I over-did myself with that quest. Also, if the level 1 boss seems hard, too bad. All bosses for every dungeon in Isle of the Winds is meant to be just that: A BOSS. Something to test your skill as a player. Otherwise, what's the point?
btw, if you can't find the level 1 boss, have you tried bombing some walls?

Kingboo30
07-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, it only gets better beyond level 1. Its a big wide world out there and a friggin crapload of things to find and do. I over-did myself with that quest. Also, if the level 1 boss seems hard, too bad. All bosses for every dungeon in Isle of the Winds is meant to be just that: A BOSS. Something to test your skill as a player. Otherwise, what's the point?
btw, if you can't find the level 1 boss, have you tried bombing some walls?
Actually I lost on purpose when I beat the boss's first part because I wanted to have a challenge. I'm playing in 2.10. I feel like an Idiot now because the lens were in such an obvious place ;). After I got them I went straught of there. I got the fire boomerang after. I feel like in idiot again. I complete dungeon A. I feel like an Idiot again! I didn't encounter the bug because I save at town island. Beat B and C too. I didn't know you were supposed to beat it at first because of the spike path and the Boss of C. Only got a rupee now because I didn't get a red potion before. It's well worth it too. I think I got all bomb upgrades too. Good thing I came here or I may have encountered the glitch. Now I'm going to back 6. It's going to be so easy too.

EDIT: as for the boss thing level 1's boss is easy. Just start dodging and slash them
Level 2 is a bit harder requires a items you find in there to make this easier. Level 3 is too easy. Level 4 isn't real hard. Level 5 is truly challenging but if you have a potion it should be easier.
Level A can tough
Level B isn't that hard. Use the wand at the mirror and make it to the top like a madman and dodge the boss's magic or your dead.
Level 5 can be tough. But complaints aren't needed because the red potion will help. Make sure you got the white sword. The blue tunic can help too.
Level C is even harder than 5. This will use all your skill to the test if you haven't beat level 6, got have the white sword and don't have the boots. The only real way for you to survive is with a red potion and it's still tough. I'm going to finish level 6 now.
EDIT: Okay, now I got all the pieces. (level 8's boss was very tough. Make sure you have the red clothing or else.. Now I can't get in the real level 9. Not the windmill.

DarkFlameWolf
07-20-2005, 12:39 PM
dude, don't play this in 2.10. If you come across any continue bug errors, you WILL NOT be able to continue your game and must restart from the beginning in beta 183. So, restart now, before it becomes a problem. But if you must play in 2.10. DO NOT save your game in levels A, B, or C until you have gone back to Town Island after visiting those levels. That should save yourself some continue heartache.
and yes, I have gotten comments about level 8's boss being too much. But nothing red mail and red potion can't handle.

Kingboo30
07-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I finally beat the entire game. Level 9 did surprise me with key thing if you know what I mean. It was certainly harder than Link's birthday. Level 9 is supposed to put all your skills to the test and I think that it certainly did that. The Veterans can have trouble while the Pros will wizz right through this with little difficulty if it weren't for the puzzles. To me this was kind of hard. I found the "You know what" by accident. I wanted to get out of there fast. Master dome can certainly trouble everyone since it was skills you probably never faced before. The Puzzle one gave me alot of troubles. The Hidden one was tricky. The darknuts and wizzrobes weren't hard because I lost to the mirror robes and only a Super Darknut was in there after I returned.

I'll give this quest a 9.48. I certainly enjoyed this game more than Spiderman 2 which was for DS. Heck, All quests should be better than that.
I would give this a 10 but I just didn't like one thing. Some of the boss's were way to easy.

SPOILERS up ahead

Look at Manhandla in 4. That didn't seem like a BOSS to me. Just place a bomb and he's gone. I think 3 Manhandlas would have been better. second one wouldn't do because he's already a boss. That didn't teach how to use a bomb. Other than that surperb. Deserves a golden star. This convinced me to use the puretileset over the 8bit one.

DarkFlameWolf
07-20-2005, 10:30 PM
well, level 9 brought over the idea of Wind Waker in that you had to fight all the bosses all over again to move onward into the dungeon. Which multiplied level 9's difficulty even higher.
Oh and the Manhandla was actually the boss of level 3, not 4. And considering that most people would be at only 5 hearts with only the green mail when encountering the level 3 boss + that it is sometimes hard to nail that 'perfect' bomb placement. It was, imo, a fitting boss to level 3. (that and the ice on the ground hindering your movement making you move at half your speed, which further upped the difficulty)

Kingboo30
07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
well, level 9 brought over the idea of Wind Waker in that you had to fight all the bosses all over again to move onward into the dungeon. Which multiplied level 9's difficulty even higher.
Oh and the Manhandla was actually the boss of level 3, not 4. And considering that most people would be at only 5 hearts with only the green mail when encountering the level 3 boss + that it is sometimes hard to nail that 'perfect' bomb placement. It was, imo, a fitting boss to level 3. (that and the ice on the ground hindering your movement making you move at half your speed, which further upped the difficulty)
Kind of forgot about that since because when you rematch manhandla in 9 the background is the same as 4's so they look alike and it was a week since I beat him. (Been a bit busy) And it surprised me because Windwaker did this too thus being alike. The hard part of it is the eye hook statue. it's a bit hard since you aren't concentrating on the pupils. The first shutter rooom going up to the 8 headed fire gleeok (Bring the red potion and ignore most the enemies as you need to charge up. the blue can save up money as red is only needed if you aren't really gifted) can be tough if you use the lens all the time. 0000

MasterSwordUltima
07-21-2005, 03:47 AM
Heheh, its funny you said that. :D I did beat it like, two minutes after I posted that. Yeah, I've since beaten Level 2 [loving this quest ^_^] I wanna look for that hammer dungeon, can I do that now? Before level 3?

DarkFlameWolf
07-21-2005, 11:13 AM
yes, you can, but I don't think you'll be prepared to beat it until after level 3, around level 4. But as I stated in the description of the quest, the quest is complete freedom to do anything when you want, as you want between levels 2-7. So if you think you're skilled enough to tackle dungeon A, by all means, go do it. No one is stopping you.

cpoet
07-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Master Dome
Humm, sorry to bother you folks, but how do you defeat those wind
wizzrobes? They are my last enemies till I get the last key I beleive

Kingboo30
07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Windrobes can be tough. Your going to watch their movements when they appear. Make sure you are out of the way before they stop shaking. Then slash them quickly. The first one is tough because there is hardly any space. If you can't do this then buy the key at Volcano Island.

cpoet
07-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Windrobes can be tough. Your going to watch their movements when they appear. Make sure you are out of the way before they stop shaking. Then slash them quickly. The first one is tough because there is hardly any space. If you can't do this then buy the key at Volcano Island.

Thanks Excellant Idea, but I will try first

looney linklord
07-22-2005, 11:29 AM
if you don't use 2.10 you can download zconsole to enable the walk through walls cheat. so you can get out of level a, b, and c if you're stuck

koopa
07-22-2005, 12:15 PM
those windrobes are best attacked with a fire boomerang, but the rooms are even then * HARD * to beat. best to stand diagonally of all of them when they appear, then if one is near you hit with the sword, else throw th fire boomerang diagonally. I don't know if the golden arrow hurts them, but it's worth a try.

DarkFlameWolf
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
yeah, the Master Dome incorporated a whole slew of interesting challenges. Wind Wizzrobes had to be the worst though. lol

Kingboo30
07-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I think hidden link was an interesting idea. Windrobes though wasn't that hard. Did take a couple tries. I never bothered using the fire boomerang. Too bad you can't retry some of them because of the bubbles. But the bubbles help alot because you won't repeat rooms unless it's puzzle.

MasterSwordUltima
07-23-2005, 03:09 AM
OMFG, Found Dungeon A, and wtf!? :D I have no idea how to get into this thing. [I am in it, mind you]. I'm stuck in the first room XD None of the "sliding blocks" slide. :O I tried some bombing, and arrowing of the statues, and I also thought, maybe theres some wall masters I gotta kill first, nothing. Hmmm...whats the secret, DFW?

Ah bloody hell, Dungeon A is the Aquarius one, not the one with the sliding puzzles. The sliding puzzle one is the one Link statue, I think its the one on that nameless island in the "Big Ocean". Anyway, having a problem with Aquarius as well...keep going in a circle...the doors wont open in the room with the Red Darknuts and the two Bubbles...oh man...

Is there like, a little walkthrough thing that I can check when I'm lost? Or even a map would be neato. :O

koopa
07-23-2005, 03:52 AM
yes, there is a walkthrough

Level A -Aquarius (Hard)

item : hammer

boss: 2 Manhandla 2 (Medium)

*** W A R N I N G ! ! ! ***
** BUG IN ZC 2.10 - READ THIS BEFORE YOU ENTER **
** Do not die or save in the boss room, hammer room, or **
** just afterwards. The game will get stuck (unless you **
** use beta 1.8.3) and if you save you can start again **
** from the very beginning! RETRY if you die, when you **
** get the hammer return to town island and save there. **

number: tunnel
*: mini-boss **: boss
T: triforce I: item
K: Key BK: boss key
k: key door bk: boss key door
c: closed door b: bombable wall
M: map C: compass
<>^v: one-way or access from one side only

A B C D E F G H
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
8 | 4| |5 | | I | |BK8|
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
v ^ ^ v
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+ +---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
7 |6 |-->| 7 |-->| |-->| 9|-->| |-bk|** | |1 |---|2 |
b b v
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
6 |6 |-b-| | | |-->|0 |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+

+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
3 |5 | |3 M| |2 | | 4|
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
v v v ^
2 |0 C|-->| |-->|9 |-->| |<--| |-b-| |<--|7 |-b-| 8|
^ v v
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
1 |1 |<--| | | |-->|3 |
+---+ +---+ +---+ +---+
|

- closed doors are one-way
- to get the boss key, kill all darknuts in the room then
fire the wand into the prism from the right

C1 - bomb left statue
C2 - kill all enemies, push left block
F2 - cut curtain with sword
G2 - light with lantern

boss: F7, 2x Manhandla 2
Item: F8: Hammer

DO NOT SAVE IN THE BOSS/HAMMER ROOMS OR JUST AFTERWARDS!

Kingboo30
07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
OMFG, Found Dungeon A, and wtf!? :D I have no idea how to get into this thing. [I am in it, mind you]. I'm stuck in the first room XD None of the "sliding blocks" slide. :O I tried some bombing, and arrowing of the statues, and I also thought, maybe theres some wall masters I gotta kill first, nothing. Hmmm...whats the secret, DFW?

Ah bloody hell, Dungeon A is the Aquarius one, not the one with the sliding puzzles. The sliding puzzle one is the one Link statue, I think its the one on that nameless island in the "Big Ocean". Anyway, having a problem with Aquarius as well...keep going in a circle...the doors wont open in the room with the Red Darknuts and the two Bubbles...oh man...

Is there like, a little walkthrough thing that I can check when I'm lost? Or even a map would be neato. :O
I got stuck here...Check the eye statues in the first room. Like you did the first and second dungeons. There should be a staircase. There you can solve this easily. Make sure you got some bomb upgrades. You can even read the documents. The skulls on the islands lead to bomb upgrades. Just need to crack it open somehow. when you get them all you should have 28 bombs.

DarkFlameWolf
07-23-2005, 04:51 PM
wrong, I believe you should have 40 bombs and 10 super bombs, by the time you get all bomb upgrades.

rocknroll
07-23-2005, 11:35 PM
noob question,
when and where can i get the magic shield?

koopa
07-24-2005, 05:25 AM
you have to buy it, it's quite expensive. Try swamp island shop, there are a bit cheaper ones but only later in the game.

MasterSwordUltima
07-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Roar, I need the wand to beat Aquarius, I started going through it, and I find out, and its like ROAR...anyway, I guess I'll do the Snow Island...humm...haven't played in a few days, JEEZ.

Kingboo30
07-27-2005, 09:49 AM
The wand is at a LEVEL 3. It can be hard to get. Make sure you have that white sword too...Then get the hammer....Better get alot bomb upgrades as you'll need them. The Hammer can make level 5 much easier.

Toe-Knee
07-28-2005, 03:08 AM
I've tried but I can't access some rooms on the right side of the map for Level 3 to get the wand. Is that what I need to activate those diamond swithces? Anyway if anyone knows how to lead me to the wand I'd apprciate it very much.

Also the windmill near the beginning of the game....how do I get past those blocks in the middle to get to the other side? :confuse2:

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2005, 11:42 AM
you can't access the windmill at this point. The windmill dungeon will find you. Trust me. ;)

cpoet
07-29-2005, 06:29 PM
The windmill will find you for sure. Hehehe, but after finishing
1 thru 8, and stuck in the Dome, any clues as to the letter?

950 bucks for a key, hummm? after 1- thru 8 and the Master
dome what is the next step and where might one look for that secret area spoken about in the beginning of this forum by the author?

Thanks folks

Kingboo30
07-29-2005, 08:10 PM
What a pity for you! Go look to town island and go into the purple roof house closest to the heart container piece you had to burn a tree to get too. You should have SEEN it in the beginning of the game. You can't get because you need the letter for you to buy it. Along with cheaper red potions. Your gonna have to beat Master dome. If your really stuck then buy keys on Volcano island. Hope you aren't playing in 2.10 though because I think I heard someone found a glitch in the Patra room that's worse than A B C. If you lose to the master dome boss you'll end up in the corner again. Save before Patra if this happens.

07-30-2005, 04:51 AM
If the 2.10 "Patra2" glitch is like the one in 1.84, Patra2 is unbeatable because one of the little Patras that move around it is "missing", you can't reach it with your sword because it's out of screen. And you'll need to kill it to get the Letter.

Kingboo30
07-30-2005, 11:12 AM
No. no. not that. It's almost exactly like the Dungeon A B and C stuck in the wall glitch. If you save in the Patra room...your supposed to end up in the corner in the patra's room. This is the worst glitch. But if you save in the master dome. You should be fine but you gotta avoid those batrobes and windrobes.

07-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Anyway, I was stuck in the top left of the screen because the Patra2 was unbeatable. :p