PDA

View Full Version : How should I play Tales of Symphonia?

AtmaWeapon
07-16-2004, 01:09 PM
While I am at college, I don't have a TV. This means that I can only play Tales of Symphonia on the weekends. This isn't a real problem, but there's something I'm kind of worried about.

See, a good RPG is like a book. I don't want to come back to it and have to try to remember everything that is going on. Sometimes this is not a problem, but I'm not really sure if I should play it piecewise this way.

On the other hand, I'm really excited about the game and I just want to play it.

So should I wait a month until I have a TV, or should I start on it now? What do you think?

Ian
07-16-2004, 02:22 PM
See, a good RPG is like a book. I don't want to come back to it and have to try to remember everything that is going on. Sometimes this is not a problem, but I'm not really sure if I should play it piecewise this way.

There's a synopsis feature so that you can go back and read the major plot stuff later on.

Zaggarum
07-17-2004, 11:27 PM
There's a synopsis feature so that you can go back and read the major plot stuff later on.

in other words, go for it right away

zables
07-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Well, if it was me, I would personally wait until i could sit down and play through it without having to do it sporadically so that i could savor and take in every bit of the game like it was meant.

Blonde799
07-18-2004, 01:40 AM
The synopsis will help on playing catch up on your quests, but it won't help you on where to go too much, as they're actually many places you can go out of your way.

vegeta1215
07-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Just freakin' play it and come back and post about it!!!

I was gonna straight out buy the game, but I think I'm going to rent it first. RPGs have been either hit or miss with me lately, so I'd rather try it out just to be sure. I am thinking about buying Super Mario Sunshine though. For some reason I'm in the mood to play that kind of platformer...