PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please

Charlie999
07-15-2004, 10:11 PM
I have downloaded the classic Zelda on my computer. Well, then I typed in a name. Then once I have done that I had pushed enter. Then something popped up like this:

ERROR: File not found:

Ok. I would really like to start playing but I don't know what to do. So how do I register a name. I will not be on so please just email me at [email protected]. I would really appreciate. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Charlie999
07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
By the way I got V1.9 and 1.84 installed. Please help me out. I don't know what to do.

warior of chaos
07-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Im seeing the same problem :(

ShadowTiger
07-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh.. I see. You may not have 1st.qst, 2nd.qst, or 3rd.qst in the same folder as the program. You'll probably need to download the standard Support Archive, (www.zeldaclassic.com/) and put all 3 of those quests into there. (Heck, just unzip it into the same folder as your ZC stuff. :p )

And to play Custom Quests, you'll have to either have them all in your ZC folder, or manually tell ZC where to find them. In your MISC menu when you hit escape, go to Quest Dir, and find the general menu where that (or those) quests are found. Then you're good to go.

*b*
07-21-2004, 11:21 PM
BH4, 1.90 and 1.84 don't have the support archive, all the nessecary files come with the package

Charlie, does it say what file is missing?

ShadowTiger
07-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Well, personally, I don't see much of a point of using 1.90, if there are better versions out there, which can play those same quests. http://www.purezc.com/forums/html/emoticons/icon_shrug.gif

GerrardCapashen
07-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Actually BH4 I would say that 75% of the 1.90 quests I have tried on the latter betas didn't work properly at one time or another in the game. Well maybe I'm unlucky. :laughing: They were fairly old quests indeed. However I still find it sad 1.90 hasn't got it's windows port yet.

CJC
07-23-2004, 10:49 PM
You haven't defined where your Zelda Directory is (You have to do that when you first get the game, when you upgrade to a newer version, or when you switch computers and put it in a folder that has a different location or name from your original Zelda Folder.)

To define where the Zelda directory is, hit the button you've designated as a, choose to load a custom quest, and go to browse. The selected folder will probably be something that doesn't even exist on your computer (It will be the directory folder of the person you got the game from). Double Click on the C drive, and go to your own Zelda folder. Load a custom quest, and then go back to the name select menu.
Zelda Classic now knows where the folder is, so type in a new name and it will load the 1st quest. (Note, you can delete the file you created to load the custom quest, all you needed it for was to define the directory.)

Try it, and it should work.