PDA

View Full Version : Sneak preview of my next project [curious moblins]

AtmaWeapon
07-15-2004, 12:40 AM
OK so I'm working on a super secret moblin project. It's so secret that I haven't even told myself everything about it yet. All I can say is it will involve me and theplustwo and a lot of you people but you won't know it involves you until it is finished.

Anyway, part of the project required me to use my skills of an artist. So I fired up Flash and I decided I'd start with something that was both nontrivial and useful for the project. I came up with this:
http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/AGN/moblintest.gif

He will be talking one day but I am told that he looks like he's chowing down on something right now. Either way I want your opinions so I know whether I'm wasting my time or not.

Now I've had conflicts with people in the past over my art so I will explain something: I am not going for photorealistic-type quality. Part of the point of my art is that it sucks. So open your mind, I know I'm no Michaelangelo (but I do like pizza and ninjas).

theplustwo
07-15-2004, 01:44 AM
I think the reason he looks like he is chewing is that there are only two frames. Add some more animation and it will look more like talking. :thumbsup:

moocow
07-15-2004, 01:59 AM
I think he just kinda scares me at this point. I'm gonna have nightmares, thanks ;)

SixTen
07-15-2004, 10:43 AM
I never thought he looked like he was chewing until you said so. He looks like he's talking to me.

EWild
07-15-2004, 10:54 AM
His head need to be hunched over more. But that looks pretty cool, for whatever he's going to do.

SixTen
07-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Give him a spear or pike or some long weapon with a pointy sharp thing at the top. that would be cool.

ShadowTiger
07-15-2004, 07:07 PM
I would say, get a little bit more "side" motion on the mouth, so it would look like he's actually chewing. .. Like.. you know those "extra" lines at the side of the smily face which imply a slightly bulging cheek? Can you try that on a backed up copy?

I think it looks good. :) ... And I'm slightly curious as to what you'll be doing with us. :eyebrow:

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-15-2004, 07:12 PM
He needs to have curves at the side of his mouth to show he's doing more than just opening and closing. He's not making any sound right now, save for possibly screaming at the top of his lungs. The+2 was right, he just needs more animation frames. Looks good though. I'm guessing, a flash movie of some sort? I can't wait.