PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla not working on this site?

mjctraider
07-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I used to use internet explorer 6.0 to reach this site and then switched to mozilla 1.7. I was able to reach this site without any problems until the last few days. I figured that the site was just down again. However for the heck of it I tried using internet explorer again and was able to get here just fine. I am wondering if using anything other than IE to reach this site will not work. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the message that appears in the window:
Not Found
The requested URL /forums was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying
to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.armageddongames.net Port 80

*b*
07-13-2004, 03:56 PM
try going back in Mozilla. I'm using mozilla right now, and it works fine :shrug:

mjctraider
07-13-2004, 03:57 PM
I still get the same message that it is not found.

Rainman
07-13-2004, 04:06 PM
"This is the message that appears in the window:
Not Found
The requested URL /forums was not found on this server."

Are you using http://www.armageddongames.net/forums to get here by any chance?

mjctraider
07-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Yes I was. However, I did a search about 2 seconds ago and went thru shatteredearth to get to here using mozilla. Now it seems that I can move throughout this site using mozilla, so I guess I'll have to rebookmark and delete the old one, just odd that it worked fine a few days ago using http://www.armageddongames.net/forums. Who knows maybe it had something to do with the site crashing. Not sure though.

vegeta1215
07-13-2004, 04:16 PM
When War Lord switched hosts, he set it up so you don't use /forums on the end of the url. Mozilla is fine.

slothman
07-13-2004, 05:33 PM
I couldn't get here until I happened to type pagedown in the address bar going to that last URL which happened to be AGN without the forum dir. It then got here fine. Fortunetly it worked in other broswers so here I am.

AtmaWeapon
07-13-2004, 06:49 PM
I never changed my bookmark from the link without /forums on the end, so it never affected me :cool:

mjctraider
07-13-2004, 09:20 PM
"When War Lord switched hosts, he set it up so you don't use /forums on the end of the url. Mozilla is fine."

Well I realize that now, but as I said it worked fine after the site came back up and I was using /forums at the end of the web address and using mozilla at the time. I was just curious to know what was wrong. I didn't know it was a crime to have old bookmarks to websites when they change hosts. Didn't realize how picky some websites can be with my bookmarks. I guess I learned from my mistakes.