PDA

View Full Version : Premium Membership

War Lord
07-12-2004, 06:32 AM
I have now added the option to obtain premium membership.
Rather than to accept blind donations I figured I'd add a way for a donation to happen and the person donating to recieve something. You'll notice a new option in your User Cp under the Miscellaneous header called Paid Subscriptions. (Or http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/payments.php) A 6 month subscription costs 7.50. The payment is accepted through paypal and is totally automated. As soon as you pay you instantly have access to all of the following features:

Can see users who are invisible on who’s online.
Can access the search function.
New Avatar Restraints (50,000 bytes rather than 20,000)
New Profile Picture Restraints (300x300 rather than 150x150, 50,000 bytes rather than 20,000)
Can store 500 Private messages rather than 50.
Can post attachments.
Custom Avatar & Custom Title.
“Premium” Icon next to username in postbit.

More features will come at a later date, but I feel even now this is a very awesome package of features. I also have plans for giveaways as well. Perhaps buy a new Gamecube game or something and select a random premium member to give it to. *shrugs*

If you have any questions feel free to ask. A lot of users were looking for a way to help their forum, and I feel this is a great way to do it yet get something in return. Funds are transfered to a new account I've opened that hosting funds are withdrawn out of monthly.

If you get banned or something else through actions of your own whilst a premium member, no refund will be issued. It's your own fault. Being a premium member does not equal immunity.

Glitch
07-12-2004, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the Premium world bitches :)

goKi
07-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Sign me up.. that is, once i get paypal figured.

Glitch
07-12-2004, 07:03 AM
There is nothing better than a @armageddongames.net email address. :D

Axel
07-12-2004, 08:13 AM
no thanks, too cheap.

deathbyhokie
07-12-2004, 08:36 AM
i assume it will be possible to donate more than the 7.50 to AGN, correct War Lord?

(i've got to wait till after the 23rd myself. stupid pay schedule shifts)

goKi
07-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Yes it is. i will be donating close to $100AU and redeeming it in what will end up close to 5 years membership. And i wont be using paypal for another 5 years too, i can guarantee.

AtmaWeapon
07-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Can premium members get a larger sig character limit? Or at least have image URLs and [url] URLs not count towards the limit?

Brian
07-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Can premium members get a larger sig character limit? Or at least have image URLs and [url] URLs not count towards the limit?
I hope not... thats ALL we need around here, larger signitures... honestly nobody wants to see someone's huge signiture every time they see that person's posts.

Jigglysaint
07-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Hmm. I am wondering about a couple things. First of all, I am not familiar with Paypall, and I don't know if it requires a credit card number(which I do not have), or if it just automanically draws from my bank account. Second, what's $7.50 in Canadian Pasos, I mean Dollars? Do I have to exchange money first, or will it deduct the canadian equivilant automanically?

AtmaWeapon
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Bah. Images are the evil, not text. I can make 500 characters fit in a ~700x100 space, which is less screen real estate vertically than my current signature. Sure people post poems, song lyrics, and other things that generally stick < 20 characters per line, but these people are told to quit. I just get frustrated when my signature is 200 pixels tall but I can't fit the quote I want because the link URLs and image URLs take up 2/3 of my character limit.

Anyway, I still say premium is a good idea, search is worth it. I was going to whine about it being a recurring fee, but then I remembered the places that charge a one-time fee for stuff like this have ad banners and charge for avatars and such, so this makes sense.

Oh and Jiggly:

1) I'm pretty certain PayPal requires a credit card, but then they turn around and want you to put bank info in to verify so it may be possible to do it without a credit card.

2) I'm also fairly certain that PayPal does currency conversion, as well. When it goes to fetch your money it will just request the equivalent of 7.50 USD.

So in short, I don't know, but I do have good guesses :)

Kairyu
07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Will donations be required to obtain/keep custom avatars and titles, or would it just work as a shortcut?

Breaker
07-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Will donations be required to obtain/keep custom avatars and titles, or would it just work as a shortcut?

Just a shortcut.

JayeM
07-12-2004, 02:45 PM
PayPal doesn't require a credit card, just a bank account, but I still don't like it. I'll be mailing my donations in like the first one. I'm not really interested in the benefits (except maybe attachments) and please don't put a dollar sign by my name. As an ex-hippy I find that a bit offensive. ;) I hope you get all the money you need...we love our AGN.

fatcatfan
07-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Just curious... how does the automated system know who to credit the donation to? Email address or some such? Would it be possible to purchase a membership for someone else?

MottZilla
07-12-2004, 03:16 PM
I think that's a cool idea. I'd go for one, but I forget what my PayPal is, or if my PayPal is even valid anymore, or if the account is there or anything... :O Maybe I will later though, when I get back into the habit of buying things online.

Breaker
07-12-2004, 03:31 PM
If you can't pay through PayPall but still wish to buy a premium account, email War Lord. I'm sure you can work something out.

Jigglysaint
07-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Well I should figure this out, if all I need is a bank account. I would have little problem if I can just make the payment out of my account.

vegeta1215
07-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Cool. Glad to see we now have a way to help AGN out. I'll probably sign up for the premium membership in the next few days.

btw, I'm curious...do you have another image to put next to user names to indicate a premium member instead of a dollar sign? I dunno what it is about the dollar sign...I'm just not crazy about it. I think a Triforce would be a good image :D

*b*
07-13-2004, 02:29 PM
only $7.50? hell, I spend more than that a week! I'd gladly donate, even more than that if possible, but the only problem is I don't have a paypal account (assuming I need one), a credit card, or a bank account (that I can access freely, andyway). heck, if Warlord can accept a $10 in the mail, then I could do that!

War Lord
07-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Yes, 2 people have already paid via check or money order.

*b*
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
ah, well that's cool. should I PM you to get the rest of the details?

Glitch
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
So are premium members gonna get different color/shape star? I think silver shields would be cool...

MottZilla
07-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Haha, Awesome, a Mario coin icon. I think that's fitting.

Ich
07-13-2004, 09:56 PM
I was granted access to a lot of forums I hadn't seen before, like in relation to beta testing and the AGN elite forum. Then it was taken away. All I really wanted to get out of this premiumness was just having the name "Ich" instead of "ICHBINDASWALROSS". Thank you so much.

Gendof
07-14-2004, 12:51 AM
War Lord,
I'll give this site $100... how the heck do I do it?
Please instruct.
Gendof

War Lord
07-14-2004, 01:01 AM
War Lord,
Please instruct.
Gendof

You can paypal it to subscriptions [at] armageddongames.net
(replace [at] with @)

Ich, I'm still debating, but I'll get with you about that soon.

Rainman
07-14-2004, 02:15 AM
War Lord,
Please instruct.
Gendof

!!!
Holy crap, you know how to make a person feel cheap. Anyways, my bank account is still in the process of being setup so no donation till than.

bigjoe
07-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I plan on upgrading as soon as I have the internet and can afford it.

goKi
07-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Looks like i'll just send a money order. Paypal is fucking useless unless you are an American with a credit card, and i am neither.

Rainman
07-14-2004, 10:07 PM
I believe I've signed up for the premium membership. Either that or I bought a prostitute. Could you confirm?

War Lord
07-14-2004, 10:08 PM
The coin by your name denotes the membership, so yes. Although if you'd prefer a prostitute, that can be arranged. :)

Thanks for supporting AG.

Dart Zaidyer
07-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I sincerely hope paid subscriptions don't branch out into the realm of perks that used to be free, or there will be some very angry shit flying around, and the plaintiffs aren't likely to limit it to GB.
I didn't like it when it happened to Graal, nobody liked it when it happened to IGN, and nobody wants it to happen to AGN, I'm sure.

Rainman
07-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Please, don't start with the drama. AGN's the same as it ever was, but now the paid subscription can give you a little extra.

ShadowTiger
07-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Well said. It's against every administrators wishes to do something which would cause an uproar in the masses, and cause them to lose precious members. One disgusted member spreads disgust to others, and chaos ensues. (Then again, there is GB. ;) :rolleyes: :D ) This seems like a blessing, wrapped in a very oily package. People look at it, and those who purchased it, and see something they might never want to see. But you're supporting your favorite forum by choosing it, much like supporting your country when voting. I firmly believe War Lord is opening the doors to something wonderful. And while I was unable to view the forums for several days for which it was up, (Kept referring me to a nonexistant page. :sweat: ) I was hoping the entire time, that it would go back up eventually. If War Lord needs support, how can we post here for so long and not give something back in return for all the good times we've had here?

I'll definitely sign up for one, probably for three terms. Hopefully many, many more. Just don't have paypal. :disgust: War Lord, I'm in *b*'s boat. Is it alright if I ask him for the information when he recieves it from you? :) (Thanks. ;) )

If only my wallet stretched deeper...

vegeta1215
07-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Looks like i'll just send a money order. Paypal is fucking useless unless you are an American with a credit card, and i am neither.

You don't have to be from the US to get a Paypal account. I have sent money to Paypal members in England and the Netherlands for eBay items I won. You do need a source of funds though, whether that be a credit card or a checking account.

Daarkseid
07-15-2004, 08:13 AM
This is an excellent idea, and having it automatically setup like this is brilliant. I donated as soon as I could.

.. Or tried to anyway. Might not have gone through.

Edit: No, it did, its just clearing because of the payment option I had to use.

goKi
07-15-2004, 08:35 AM
You don't have to be from the US to get a Paypal account. I have sent money to Paypal members in England and the Netherlands for eBay items I won. You do need a source of funds though, whether that be a credit card or a checking account.

I guess i didnt clarify what i said. I added my australian saving account about 3 days ago. i have yet to recieve any verification or instructions from paypal to withdraw from this account. I have the option to use an american bank account, but i dont have one.

Dark Jim
07-16-2004, 09:12 AM
This is a very good idea and I'll gladly support. :) The package is well worth the money. If you do plan on adding more features how about a 1 time username change? I would be interested in this too since I'm using my real name Jimmy for quite a while now on several other communities. And how about colored names on the who's online?

mikeron
07-17-2004, 09:10 PM
It's worth it just for the attachment ability. :p

linkofzelda1
07-17-2004, 09:26 PM
I just subscribed. This is an awesome idea, WarLord. It's cheap, too!

ShadowTiger
07-17-2004, 10:27 PM
* Can see users who are invisible on who’s online. Yep, definitely there.
* Can access the search function. Hell yeah..
* New Avatar Restraints (50,000 bytes rather than 20,000) A must. An absolute must.
* New Profile Picture Restraints (300x300 rather than 150x150, 50,000 bytes rather than 20,000) ... Now THIS, I have yet to see. (Or perhaps I simply have not tried this, despite the fact it still says 150x150. Perhaps I am delusional.
* Can store 500 Private messages rather than 50. You've made many, many people much happier with this gift.
* Can post attachments. A must in the ZC department. :D
* Custom Avatar & Custom Title. ... Thanks.
* “Premium” Icon next to username in postbit. Coinage. Cool.
* [email protected] e-mail address. (Web or POP access) A few questions on this...
Okay.. Concerning the E-mail account, a few questions..

1) Is there an expiration date on this? Ever? Obviously, the offer becomes void after six months, but does the E-mail account expire in six months, if already gotten?
2) What is the interface like?
3) Can we change our password?
4) Spam protection?
5) Size limit?
6) Where do you get in to the account? (I.e. what URL is the login URL?)
7) username / pass character limits?
8) What advantages are there in having an AGN E-mail account, as compared to saving a bit of AGN's space by using a Yahoo account?

I mean, I really have AGN's best interest at heart. I don't mean to pester. As long as AGN has my $7.50, I'm happy either way, benefits or not. (I passed over a trip to gamestop for this... you couldn't pry open my wallet with a crowbar.)

Rainman
07-17-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm currently using AGN Email for all AGN based things. It'll be nice not to have so much AGN stuff in my regular Email as I mostly just deleted them.

the_Real_hydra
07-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Can I send a money order or a check? paypal is not one to be on my top list of sending money. They messed up on 2 of my orders in the past. So I don't trust it at all.

Dark Jim
07-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Can I send a money order or a check?
Yes, 2 people have already paid via check or money order.
blahblah message was too short without this text.

the_Real_hydra
07-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Can some one tell me the address so I can send a money order?

ShadowTiger
07-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Okay.. Concerning the E-mail account, a few questions..

1) Is there an expiration date on this? Ever? Obviously, the offer becomes void after six months, but does the E-mail account expire in six months, if already gotten?
2) What is the interface like?
3) Can we change our password?
4) Spam protection?
5) Size limit?
6) Where do you get in to the account? (I.e. what URL is the login URL?)
7) username / pass character limits?
8) What advantages are there in having an AGN E-mail account, as compared to saving a bit of AGN's space by using a Yahoo account?

I mean, I really have AGN's best interest at heart. I don't mean to pester. As long as AGN has my $7.50, I'm happy either way, benefits or not. (I passed over a trip to gamestop for this... you couldn't pry open my wallet with a crowbar.)
Questions gone unanswered... Thank you for taking the time to answer. :)

Glitch
07-22-2004, 01:15 PM
1) Is there an expiration date on this? Ever? Obviously, the offer becomes void after six months, but does the E-mail account expire in six months, if already gotten? That I don't know...
2) What is the interface like? There are 2 options to it...Squirrel Mail and V-Webmail. Both are easy to use interfaces.
3) Can we change our password? Not that I know of....But I believe War Lord can change it
4) Spam protection? You can set a blacklist of email not to accept.
5) Size limit? Big, that's all I know
6) Where do you get in to the account? (I.e. what URL is the login URL?) You will find out if you get a premium account
7) username / pass character limits?Your user name is the same as your agn name.
8) What advantages are there in having an AGN E-mail account, as compared to saving a bit of AGN's space by using a Yahoo account? Duh! Cause it's a AGN account!

Well, I answered all that I could. Hope it helped.

ShadowTiger
07-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks Glitch. ;) I just don't want to trouble anyone for an E-mail account, when I already have five Yahoo accounts. Every little bit of space saved helps. :shrug: Thank you all very much though, anyway. I gave in money, and that's all I care about. :)

Breaker
07-22-2004, 08:55 PM
You can have the @armageddongames.com email forward anything sent to it to one of your existing yahoo accounts. AGN has a bandwith limit of up to 50gigs (approximately) a month now.. It's not an issue of "saving space" anymore.

J.J. Maxx
07-23-2004, 03:04 PM
I have trouble putting money *into* my paypal account so I have to give the money to someone else and have them send money into my paypal account so I can send it to you. Do Foxy and I get a 'group membership' since we're on the same computer and have to get on AGN at seperate times? ;)

I think this is a great idea. I've been here so long and AGN has given me so much that anything I could do to help I would gladly. :thumbsup:

I'm just curious to know how much WL has recieved so far...

Rainman
07-23-2004, 03:08 PM

Millions of dollars actually... The stack of 100 dollar bills is really quite impressive

Breaker
07-24-2004, 05:59 AM
I have trouble putting money *into* my paypal account so I have to give the money to someone else and have them send money into my paypal account so I can send it to you. Do Foxy and I get a 'group membership' since we're on the same computer and have to get on AGN at seperate times? ;)

I think this is a great idea. I've been here so long and AGN has given me so much that anything I could do to help I would gladly. :thumbsup:

Well he's taking a trip to Florida in his new Lexus to play golf in a few months... :evil:

War Lord
07-25-2004, 03:31 AM
Just got back from the Bahamas, thanks everyone. ;)

The e-mail address thing is going to be put on hold until I can come up with a better way of administering it. The premium membership is still a hell of a deal, and I have more plans for the premium members soon.

zcfan27330
07-27-2004, 01:24 AM
I don't feel to comfortable using paypal. Can I snail mail a money order?

Glitch
07-27-2004, 03:26 AM

It's not like the poeple of paypal are gonna touch you in your no-no spot...

Breaker
07-27-2004, 05:27 AM

Money orders are pretty expensive. It would be easier to throw 8 bucks in an envelope and mail it out to him. I'm sure if you PMed War Lord then he'd give you an address. I think it's something like;

Jarrod 'Little Dick' Weorrner
1405 Hick Rd.
Cracktown Ohio, 33456

Master Ghaleon
07-27-2004, 12:02 PM
It's not like the poeple of paypal are gonna touch you in your no-no spot...

Ill touch your no-no spots :evil:

moocow
07-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Money orders are pretty expensive. It would be easier to throw 8 bucks in an envelope and mail it out to him. I'm sure if you PMed War Lord then he'd give you an address. I think it's something like;

Jarrod 'Little Dick' Weorrner
1405 Hick Rd.
Cracktown Ohio, 33456

That's wrong!

It's Woerner.

the_Real_hydra
07-27-2004, 02:49 PM
So its
Jarrod 'Little Dick' Woerner
1405 Hick Rd.
Cracktown Ohio, 33456

So i'll I do is send it to him as a money order?

Breaker
07-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Why the hell would you send him a money order? How much sense does that make? For the price of the money order itself, you could buy another premium membership.

the_Real_hydra
07-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I forgave paypal and used it. What is the * and + next to some users names?

War Lord
07-27-2004, 03:23 PM
* is invisible.
+ are people on your friends list.

biggiy05
07-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Ill prolly be getting my premium membership this week or next but as for the money order cost just go to a damn bank they are free ive sent out three now they are just personal money orders .

*b*
07-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Money orders are pretty expensive. It would be easier to throw 8 bucks in an envelope and mail it out to him.

...wait, you can do that?

zcfan27330
07-30-2004, 02:40 PM
...wait, you can do that? Yeah money orders cost 90 cents here, I can just subscribe for 2 years.

*b*
07-30-2004, 05:00 PM
I mean, like, put a $10 bill in the mail and send it off to WL, no money order or anything

biggiy05
07-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I mean, like, put a $10 bill in the mail and send it off to WL, no money order or anything

Yea ppl do it all the time, just make sure its an envelope you cant see through like a business envelope.

Breaker
07-30-2004, 11:17 PM

What would be wrong with that...?

*b*
07-30-2004, 11:54 PM
well, I thought I read somwhere that was illegal. I guess I'm wrong then

WarLord, is just sending money OK, or do you only accept checks/money orders?

Master Ghaleon
07-30-2004, 11:58 PM
I think he will accept anything under the sun, as long as its getting him money. Just drive to his house and give it to him.

*b*
07-31-2004, 02:08 AM
it's kinda hard whn I live halfway around the country and can't drive. but the good thing is, instead of waiting for my parents to give me a ride to the bank, I can now mail it. hopefully I can get I off within the week

Master Ghaleon
07-31-2004, 03:26 AM
Now look at this, all I had to do is a striptease and WHAM. Ill do anything for a pretty penny next to my name ;)

cyberkitten
08-01-2004, 02:29 AM
but what'd ya have to do to get my shiny gold coin?!

Master Ghaleon
08-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Anything j00 want :P

the_Real_hydra
08-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Will there be some type of note or pm message saying that your 6 months is all most up? I can't keep up with dates and times that well.

Glitch
08-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Will there be some type of note or pm message saying that your 6 months is all most up? I can't keep up with dates and times that well.

Anytime you want to check just go to the Paid Subscription link in your user cp. It will tell you when it is up.

Belgarath
10-22-2004, 05:42 PM
So where does the money go, all jokes aside?

I think a detailed list of how AGN supports itself would be benificial to everyone. I remember a little bit from years ago when it was explained to me but things may have changed. Besides having the information out there may even get others to give a little.

Ganonator
10-22-2004, 06:42 PM
money pays for ZC.com, AG.net, SE.com, etc
money pays for the server space that these mediums run on
money pays for the server that SE runs on

All other procedes go into a fund that may pay for prizes, developement, or oral sex.

punkonjunk1024
11-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Uh... I PM'ed warlord, like 2 weeks ago. Can someone just give me an adress to send a money order to? I don't like waiting :(

mikeron
11-25-2004, 02:27 AM
All other procedes go into a fund that may pay for prizes, developement, or oral sex.I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that a $7 blowjob is something I don't want. :)

Zero Wing
11-29-2004, 11:52 AM
would one of those Visa gift cards be an acceptabe form of payment?

goKi
03-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Finally signed up. I'm just proud to be supporting AGN

Lutraphobiac
03-29-2005, 05:09 AM
I have done so as well. I really just want the custom avatar, but I suppose helping pay for the server is a noble cause as well.

DsS Game
11-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I just donated. Well not much has changed but I'm glad to finally help support agn...

Pineconn lolz
06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Not to revive a dead thread, but are any additional perks offered besides the original ones listed in the first post?

And, i'm not sure what you mean by access to custom avatars and titles, seeing as we already have that feature?

AND the subscription is recurring, i'm assuming?

Pineconn
06-18-2008, 09:29 PM
You don't get any additional benefits from premium membership, I believe. This is a fairly old thread, which is why it mentions that we get access to custom avatars and titles with premium membership when in fact all(?) members have that already.

ZTC
06-18-2008, 09:58 PM
It does not automatically renew. It does allow a larger avatar though.

SpykStorm
06-18-2008, 09:58 PM
People without 100 posts can't have custom titles. At least premium members can use the search feature. :D

smallfish
02-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Can premium members get a larger sig character limit?