PDA

View Full Version : Which Mario game would you like there to be a gamecube sequel to?

idontknow
07-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Which Mario game would you like there to be a sequel of for the Gamecube?? What should specifically be different or special about a sequel to the game that you chose?

1. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
3. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
4. Super Mario Sunshine

Mine would personally be MK:DD!! I even made a bunch of posts as gamefaqs.com MK:DD!! message board (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=13206)

I have so many ideas--i'll share them with you all in another thread here...

[EDIT: Oops! Mods, can you do your magic and change this thread to a poll please?]

vegeta1215
07-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Ask and ye shall receive ;)

Super Smash Bros Melee is an excellent game, but I don't know what they could possibly add/change to make an even better sequel. Its just so fun, and easily the best Gamecube game available.

Mario Kart: DD is pretty awesome too. I love the two people per cart, and the new characters and special weapons. The courses were great, but I wanted more, plus the battle mode stages left much to be desired (thank goodness for the Luigi's Mansion stage) despite the very cool Bob-omb and Shine Thief modes. So for a Mario Kart sequel I'd say more stages and better battle mode stages!!!

I'm not a fan of Mario Golf, so I can't comment on that. Also I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine (yet)

Pablo
07-12-2004, 02:53 AM
I want a Melee sequel with Sonic and Tails, dammit!

goKi
07-12-2004, 06:58 AM
I'd love a sequel to Super Smash Bros.

idontknow
07-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Well I personally would like a sequel to both SSBM & MKDD!! However, I'd like a sequel to MKDD!! more because there can be a lot more done with the game, as opposed to SSBM, like Vegeta said. I think a sequel would be great with...
1. 4 More additional secret characters (like Shadow Mario from MG:TT, whom i just unlocked this morning--he's cool looking; his special could be large blue fireballs!)
2. More, large battle stages (Imagine Bo-bomb blast in Block Fort of MK64!!!)
3. A 5th cup (besides All Cup Tour) for a total of 20 tracks!
4. More secret karts
5. A 4th Battle Mode to Unlock
6. Ability to play battle mode against computers (like for 1 player)
7. Ability to make your own custom cup
8. A couple new regular items for added variety!

Pangolin
07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Looks like SSBM wins hands down!
Personally I thionk that there should be a... Nintendo VS Sega fighter... that would rule.

Zaggarum
07-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Melee all the way. They need a few more characters. I agree with Pablo, we need Sonic and Tails :D

Radium
07-14-2004, 01:59 AM
Sequel? We don't need no stinking sequels! I want original content Mario 128. Although there are rumors that it'll be the flagship title for the Revolution.

slef
07-14-2004, 02:40 AM
A melee sequel would be cool, but what characters would they add in? its not worth making another just for sonic and tails, they would need more to make it worth while, and I cant really think of anyone else they could put in. unless they wanted to be stupid and just make more clones. peppy and slippy would work nicely for that. dear god I hope they dont. but really, theres only sonic and tails.