PDA

View Full Version : Swansong level 8

briguy1313
07-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Okay...anyone have any hints to get through this level???? I was finally able to get one key in the bottom left room, after about 50 tries and getting sent back to the start and dying. I can't seem to avoid the Wizzrobes that send you back to start. (Way too many of those, Freedom... :-( )
Anyone have a hint to get by them easier. I can't take much more....<g> I can't wait to see those Wizzrobes and KILL'EM!!!!
BTW - read the other threads about getting the cross, but I haven't been able to get anywhere I can swim yet.
Thanks for any help!!!

Freedom
07-11-2004, 12:05 AM
you'll need to get in the mote, burn things and reflect fireballs into things, and use your hookshot to cross in a place that seems unlikely

briguy1313
07-11-2004, 01:14 AM
I hate to ask, but could you be more specific?? I'm really stuck. I've been playing level 8 for over 2 hours. I got the key in the bottom left, and opened the only door I could get to, to the bottom right about in the middle, but can't get out of that room either (I always lose my sword use there.) Tried the hookshot everywhere, but can't get across the moat anywhere, or into the water. I feel so helpless! :-( I can't seem to get away from those wizzrobes, and the things that freezes your sword (whatever they're called<g>)
Thanks, Bri
..EDIT.... okay finally found my into the water for the first time. I guess I wasn't standing in the right place when I burned....of course as soon as I come out of the water, I get sent back to the start....HAHA...over and over back to the start...This has to be your evil streak coming out Freedom! :-)

DarkFlameWolf
07-11-2004, 01:49 AM
its okay, I'm still stuck at level 2. This quest was confusing. ;)

briguy1313
07-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Yes it was......but fun too. I finally made it to the boss of level 8, but am still missing one item, so I'll have to back hunting. <g> So far, 8 has been the most challenging of all the levels (only spent like 3 & 1/2 hours on it---and still not complete<g>), but they were all thought provoking.
Great job again Freedom!
Thanks, Bri

Freedom
07-11-2004, 12:45 PM
3 ways into the mote.
all the way up top the hole in the wall that water is rushing threw sweeps you into the mote.
burn the water plant over on the lower right.
on the left side walk up through the locked door, hookshot across to the lamp post, go down one frame and reflect a fireball from the plant while standing below the statue

briguy1313
07-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Freedom, I think that last one is the one I'm missing. If I follow your directions, and go down one frame, that puts me back in the same room where the locked door was, and there is no statue....the wall lamp kinda looks like a statue, but I've tried standing everywhere on the square, facing both directions and can't find anything. Am I in the right place?? Just after the locked door on the left, swim (?) down one frame, then up on the platform, and bounce the water plants fireballs? And by statue do you mean the wall lamp?
What about the room to the right of where I hookshot across, is that just one way? I can't seem to open that door either, and figured it was an exit only. :-)
I beat the boss, but am still missing what I think is Din's Fire, which I'm guessing is the rooms I can't find. <g>
You really got me on Swansong....almost afraid of Elise.<g>
Thanks, Bri

Freedom
07-13-2004, 03:45 AM
Swansong is harder then Elise, it was meant to burn some braincells :)

When you enter go left and up the left side of the mote, go past where the locked door was and it bends to the right and you hookshot across to that lamp post, go down one frame to that door and stand in front of the door and reflect a fireball into that big statue that is right above you.
A ladder will appear which will allow you into a section of the mote.

Once in the mote you go up and then under, like you did on the right side

I think you aren't going up far enough, you go past where the whistle note stepping stones are until it bends to the right and that's where you hookshot across to whe lamp post.

briguy1313
07-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks again Freedom, you're right, I wasn't going far enough. :banghead:
While I was stuck before, I started Elise too. All I can say is WOW! Amazing so far. :D
Bri

elise
07-13-2004, 07:40 AM
hmm didn't notice I was started
Search for Elise is the best there is ;)