PDA

View Full Version : HD Question

rpgaddict3
07-10-2004, 11:16 PM
First off, I'd like to say that the hint given to me by DFW and Slash was enough to see me through to the end of the game. (Yes, even the 25 Key Level 9. Boy, that was a blast...) :rolleyes: I'm now going after Master Dome and the Master Key. But that's not why I started a new thread.

Here's the real reason. Because of the amount of help that this game has been requested for and the fact that I have throughly enjoyed the game (despite the fact that I missed only 1 Piece of Heart), I will try to write a walkthrough for this fine game. In fact, I already wrote a walkthrough for Level 9. (Which also helped me keep track of my own progress.) Now, here's where it gets interesting. If I am going to write a walkthrough, I would like to ask DFW for a little assistance.
No, it's not because I need a little help finding something. (I will find that stupid Piece of Heart next time! :mad: ) It's that I want to know what one should or shouldn't include in such a walkthrough for the game.
Case in point, the 6 secret dungeons which house the powerful items in the game all have vague hints towards their locations at the information houses/caves. I could, if I wanted, actually list the needed information and circumvent the system, or I could not list those, but list the locations of the info people. Now, you can see where DFW comes in. DFW can tell me what should and shouldn't be said, as well as what should be vaguely hinted at.
So, DFW, if you think this is a good idea, then please let me know some way or another. Incidentally, if any of you think you can help, then let me know as well. (Locations of Pieces of Heart, Magic Upgrades, Level Walkthroughs, etc.) Thank you.

DarkFlameWolf
07-11-2004, 01:12 AM
if its a walkthrough, leave no stone unturned, unveil every secret, write it all out. That's what the purpose of a walkthrough or FAQ is.

rpgaddict3
07-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, then. I will certainly take that to heart. For a minute, I was worried that writing everything and circumventing the system of information people was going to be a bad thing. But now... not so much. :) (Who knows? Writing everything out may help me find that last stupid Piece of Heart too...) There's just one thing. When I write the walkthrough, I will also be writing hints for the bosses. Most of the bosses in this game look like their counterparts. However, Level 1's Boss does not. Since I will be using all the names of the bosses, I wish to know if Level 1's boss has a different name than the creature it is mimicing, Aquamentus. Thank you.

DarkFlameWolf
07-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Aquawizard? Make up a name, I don't care. :P

rpgaddict3
07-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Well, whatever. I think I'll call it Skullmentus. (Because it mimics Aquamentus and looks like a skeleton.) Anyway, I have now completed the walkthrough through Historia Temple. (Including 1 Piece of Heart so far and 3 Secret Grottos.) As I said before, if anyone wants to contribute something to the guide, then let me know. (Likely by e-mailing me at rpgmaker3(at)msn(dot)com.) If I use your material, then you will receive full credit. One more question has to go to DFW, however... When I do complete the guide, how will I be able to post it somewhere? (Preferably somewhere on the AGN network...) Thank you.

DarkFlameWolf
07-11-2004, 07:13 PM
for that you'd have to ask around, I don't think there is a FAQ site for Zelda quests anywhere.

rpgaddict3
07-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Okay. In the worst case scenario, I could possibly start a site of my own. Anyway, I've figured out how to implement some things I was thinking about doing. These include the ASCII Maps of each of the levels. (Boy that will be fun for Levels 5 and 9...) :rolleyes: I will also include a coordinate system to make things easier to find in both overworlds. Well, that's all I have for now. See ya!
EDIT: Since in my first time through the game, the Flame Boomerang and the Mirror Shield were required to beat the game, they will be added to the main walkthrough as well as the Ice Palace.

DarkFlameWolf
07-11-2004, 10:55 PM
or I could provide the maps for you using my 183 mapmaker. lol

rpgaddict3
07-11-2004, 11:23 PM
or I could provide the maps for you using my 183 mapmaker. lol

Oh sure, if you want to do it the EASY way... :laughing: Seriously, if you want to provide those things for me, they would be greatly appreciated. PM me later with the details if you want to go there. Thanks.

LegendarySlash
07-16-2004, 10:04 AM
I missed 1 piece of heart as well. I didn't do the 25 key level 9 though. I just did the magical key. When you find that piece of heart tell me. O and wofl, I loved the use of the underwater melodie from the DK country series for the Last World.