PDA

View Full Version : The Navy wants me of all people!

biggiy05
06-21-2004, 01:27 PM
I just thought id share this. Back in december i had to take the ASVAB test you guys may or may not have to take it. Well i got my scores and i didnt think i did that well except for the computer section and one other but i did, the navy recruiter in newark called my house on fri and told me that i scored in the top 10 of my class and wanted to set an appointment up to come to my place and talk to me about different optionns and if im interested where to go from there and where i can be stationed at. I personally if i do decide to id like be a fighter pilot i have always loved flying and thought that would be cool but if not that then id like to be a fire fighter on the ship. That is right after i wake my mom cuz she passed out when i signed my self into service. She freaked out when i told her i was interested.

Rainman
06-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Never took the ASVAB because it's not required and too busy. I did express a little interest in joining the Army a few years ago. I've regretted it ever since as recruiters continued to contact me and try to set up appointments.

I was quite interested a few years ago in joining some branch of the military. However after some thought I decided I need to live my life before I could sign it away so easily.

zfreak2004
06-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Just about any branch of the U.S. armed services wants me... I scored 99 on the ASVAB and hardly a week goes by that i don't either get a phone call or something in the mail.... Its an honor i guess... just an annoying one....

Master Ghaleon
06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Every branch of the military wants ya after u grad from high school. I pissed off one of the guys telling him that I was gonna come on by to talk to him and never showed up.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
I took the test because I could get out of class to do it. Then I got a call from a Marine recruiter, and once I told them I had a rough 3.0 and I'd never done any drugs or any under age drinking, they wouldn't leave me alone. I'd get all sorts of stuff in the mail, a call every now and then from the guy trying to set up a meeting... Thankfully, I could never attend them, mostly in part to the schedule my technical center required. I think they still bother my parents every now and then. They'd probably call me out here in MN if they knew my number.

biggiy05
06-21-2004, 11:57 PM
I just think its weird that he would call me they havent harrased me or anything with stuff just the usual flyer everyone gets but im actually interested so im gonna talk to him. If i do decide to do it and can take what they dish out i just proved to every single person out there that thinks i cant be a fire fighter i just did something 5x worse and made it through it all id like to see them try and put me down then the a$$holes........