PDA

View Full Version : Problem with in game map.

Corwin Jovi
06-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Hey all,

First off let me say that I LOVE this game. Zelda has to be my all time favorite video game or at least the most played game in my experience. This was the game that got me into the RPG genre. Finding it now available to play again is great... I recently found my old nintendo system but don't have the cords to it... so finding this was great...

Now to my problem (or maybe its not a problem at all)

I started playing the zelda classic game and noticed that the map in the game only shows a dot where I am on a blank field. It doesn't show all the different screens I travel too. Is it supposed to? When I entered the first dungeon and got the map to the dungeon those rooms show up. but when I am above ground it is just a big blank map with a dot showing where I am. Is this a bug or something I can fix?

I am running the 192. 183 beta or whichever is the latest. I have also downloaded the Remade Version of the First Quest Mod and it does the same thing. So I am not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not. Any help would be appreciated..

Oh and I tried to look for a search option on the forums but I couldn't find it. Is there a way to seach these forums.

Corwin

Freedom
06-21-2004, 01:13 AM
that's normal, some quest builders put maps in there to give a little better referance.

You can also, in some quests, press the space bar to see a map, but be warned in the 183 doing so crashes the program the second time you do it, so you can only look once.
in the 184 player it is fixed, Snort has the 184 available for download, and so does Elise, Elise's addy is in my sig.

Corwin Jovi
06-21-2004, 11:54 AM
that's normal, some quest builders put maps in there to give a little better referance.

You can also, in some quests, press the space bar to see a map, but be warned in the 183 doing so crashes the program the second time you do it, so you can only look once.
in the 184 player it is fixed, Snort has the 184 available for download, and so does Elise, Elise's addy is in my sig.

Thanks for the info. I kinda figured that it was supposed to be like that, I downloaded the 184 player but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Corwin