PDA

View Full Version : whistle warping

Espo
06-20-2004, 07:23 PM
So I've set up the whistle warp locations in zquest but when i try to use the whistle to warp between these locations nothing happens. is there something that must be done to enable this. really the strange thing is that i realistically don't want this functionality in my quest and i was prepared to have to deal with it being there but now that it isn't i'm kinda skeptical that might decide to start working right when i don't want it to. Thanks for the help.

Sephiroth
06-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Are you using a cave/overworld type Dmap? If not, That's your problem.

4matsy
06-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Also, got Triforce? The warps only activate based on what levels out of 1 through 8 you've beaten. I.e., have the Triforce piece for.

Espo
06-21-2004, 07:18 AM
I'm doing it on an overworld type dmap BUT the level number is other than 0 (I have multiple overworlds and want to do the boss flag trick on them seperately). As far as triforce, I was sort of under the impression that once you set the whistle warps in Quest -> Misc Data -> whistle warps that you will warp there for each triforce piece you have. I have three so even though the warps aren't taking me to the dungeons where I received teh triforce should the whistle warp me to the first three locations regardless? Perhaps the problem is level number.

Sephiroth
06-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Yea. the Dmap that you gather the triforce piece should have been set for the appropiate level # that corresponds with the level you are in. for example, you do not want the level 1 dmap(s) set to level 5 because when you collect the triforce, it will say you got level 5's triforce.

Espo
06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
no i get that part. the level number for the overworld type dmap is 23. but i've been keeping the triforce levels in order. the problem is the whistle doesn't call the whirlwind/bird to warp me around and i have the first few triforce pieces. is this because the level number is not 0?

Freedom
06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
I haven't tested that, but I bet it is, I bet for the whistle warp to work it needs to be blown on an overworld level 0 dmap.
You can fix that by using transition screens intead of making a whole map a higher level number.

Espo
06-22-2004, 07:09 AM
it doesn't really matter since i didn't really want the whistle warping functionality in my quest anyway. I was just trying to work out why it wasn't working so that i understood it and so that it wouldn't come back to haunt me later on. Thanks all.