PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

deathbyhokie
06-20-2004, 02:26 PM
since a topic hasn't been made yet, happy father's day to all the dads on the forums. to celebrate, here's a short bit my grandfather wrote a long time back. i greatly respect the man, and even now, 17 years after his death, he still manages to infuence my life.

I am. I am as the result of an act of love. I am because my parents performed the highest and most noble act performed by two individuals - an act of love. I am therefore, not by my own choice. I did not have the chance to say "no" to life. Life was then a gift to me. Now that I am; I am for eternity. I am as a man, homo sapiens, made up of body and soul, responsible for my own actions.

As a person matures he must decide certain items. Since life is in time, and time is a continuum, life moves like a flowing river. It would be a waste of time to decide an issue over and over again. I exist, My Creator exists, and the laws that govern my living exist.

God created me in his image and likeness to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this life, and to be happy with Him in the next. Recall, if you will, the statement made previously that life is a gift. Statistically speaking, I am an impossibility. But for some unknown reason it was I that was given life to do with what I will. It is I placing these words before you and not one of the thousands of other brothers or sisters that could have been conceived at that particular moment. Yes, life was a gift to me - I cannot waste it.

Master Ghaleon
06-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks, this is my first fathers day ;)

Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there

moocow
06-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Yes, Happy Dad's day to JJ, MG, Jemsee, and whoever else is a dad :)