PDA

View Full Version : hidden duality DC bug

mochino
06-19-2004, 04:18 PM
if you die at the boss of level 3 and select continue the boss room starts with your life at full but no character,

:(

DarkFlameWolf
06-19-2004, 04:37 PM
again, not my fault. Its a inherent continue bug of the engine that no quest seems to escape from.

mochino
06-19-2004, 05:06 PM
i'm sorry did not knew that, is there a list of bugs so i wont make this mistake again?
hidden duality is very impressive man, i'm loving it,

MottZilla
06-19-2004, 05:09 PM
DarkFlameWolf isn't a man. ;p What's the "continue bug" though? I've heard people say things about this before, and I'm curious as to what it's really doing.

Cloral
06-19-2004, 05:35 PM
The engine gets confused as to where you should start if you die after switching dmaps using any of the 'insta-warp' or the 'scrolling warp' warps. Apparently, it puts you on the current dmap, but at the position where you would continue if you continued on the dmap you entered on. The result is usually not right. However, if I remember right, this bug has been squashed since the last public release.

mochino
06-19-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm on 184,

MottZilla
06-21-2004, 01:15 AM
He said since the last public release. Meaning until the next release it will not be fixed. Thanks for the detailed explanation. =)

Freedom
06-21-2004, 02:15 AM
should be fixed in the 184, I think DFW needs to change the warp type

DarkFlameWolf
06-21-2004, 07:12 AM
warp type? I've been using proper warps. Entrance/Exits for dungeon entrances and scrolling warps to get into boss rooms. And should you appear in the 00 spot after dying, I've made a screen there that insta-warps you to the proper entrance.

Freedom
06-21-2004, 11:41 AM
It should work then, he's using the 184, and you said no quests are escaping this problem, yet mine are, so it has to be in the set up.
are you set to sceen 00 on the dmap to try and force the player to go there and warp?
if so just change it.
I'm not aware of any continue problems in any of my quests, and in the Search, level 7 uses something like 6 different dmaps and both cave and dungeon, but yet still works, so I believe you can set up to get around it.

DarkFlameWolf
06-22-2004, 09:52 PM
no, my dmaps have the continue screens where they SHOULD continue, but 'just in case' that 00 map bug comes into play, I have a temp screen that instawarps them where they should be. Other than that, I can't find out any other way to get around it.

Freedom
06-22-2004, 10:40 PM
that might be the problem.
if they insta warp back and then die again it would cause a continue error since their last warp was an insta warp.

DarkFlameWolf
06-23-2004, 10:15 AM
um...I thought it based on continuing where the last entrance/exit warp was, not an insta-warp.

SirNiko
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm having a similar problem to this, though i can't be certain it is indeed this "Continue bug"...

I am playing Hidden duality (Director's cut) and i just finished exploring the "Tungsten Excavation" area. I was wandering the "Dark" world map, and decided to save and quit. When I loaded the save file again, I was back in the 'Tungsten Excavation' map, but in a triforce room located in the complete upper right corner of the dungeon map. However, my character does not seem to exist any more, and the only commands that I can use are to open my sub-screen and switch weapons, but not use my sword or equipment. Saving and loading doesn't change anything, either, since when i return i'm still in that map, unable to move or attack.

So, am i doomed forever, and will be forced to play a different quest until I regain the nerve to start this one from scratch?

In the meanwhile, i'm gonna try a few things, in hopes that I can somehow make my way out via random combonations of menus and button mashing. Wish me luck!

-SirNiko
Who feels like in one week he's already managed to become a pest on this message board...

Cepat
07-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Just play it on the 183 player as it's quite common players get stuck in dungeons which they disappear on the 184 after they quit & save. You might have to copy over your zelda.sav in the 184 folder & paste it at the 183 folder. Then you can resume your game play.
But don't forget to make a backup of the original zelda.sav in the 183 folder as you may have some quests in there.

mochino
07-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Easy just download beta 183, and copy your savegame to the new one, be sure to keep hidden duality .qst file in the same directory it was before and load ur savegame
it worked for me, hope this helps

DarkFlameWolf
07-23-2004, 06:53 AM
yeah, maybe in the future, once a new, stable beta or version comes out, I'll update all 6 of my quests to the latest version.

SirNiko
07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Oh! I love you guys! Now, not only can I continue my game, but now I can play ZC in windows without having to shut everything else down!

Thanks! If I have any more problems, I'll be sure to drop by and pester... I mean, ask you guys!

-SirNiko

Powerlord
07-28-2004, 05:16 AM
Actually, I asked the same question about the same exact area (I too saved after exiting the expedition), but apparently the forum had a rollback during the site transition... My account and the posts I made in this and other threads aren't around anymore.

Anyway, I wish I knew that you could switch over to 183 to get out of this bug. Someone probably posted that solution before, but the site went down before I looked for replies.