PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having problems loggin into Yahoo services?

vegeta1215
06-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I've been trying since last night to sign into my Yahoo Mail account without success. None of my browsers will open http://mail.yahoo.com and if they actually do load that page, I can't get to the secure login. I'm thinking maybe this problem is due to Yahoo's new mail setup, but my dad installed Yahoo Messenger with all this extra crap that comes along with it by mistake last night, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anybody else having problems loggin into Yahoo services?

Blonde799
06-19-2004, 04:06 PM
I did when I first used Yahoo!'s new mail layout, and it was accompanied by long load times. But after a while, it just managed to work right again.:)

Ich
06-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Apparently a net backbone went down some time ago, and I had trouble with all sorts of domains. It's worked fine for me since.

vegeta1215
06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I hope it starts working again, it's really starting to bug me :mad:

After trying a few things, the problem seems to be http://login.yahoo.com , which all the services use for authentication.

moocow
06-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Occassionally, Yahoo! Messenger will shut down and I won't be able to log back in. Dunno if that has anything to do with it, but I know it doesn't help. lol

Goat
06-19-2004, 06:04 PM
I can login into my yahoo fantasy baseball account just fine.

vegeta1215
06-21-2004, 04:14 PM
My Dad called Comcast to see what was up and apparently many Comcast customers are having problems with Yahoo! It seems to be working a lot better now (thankfully). Even so, I think we're going to get rid of Comcast Cable internet in the next few weeks and get Verizon DSL instead. We have Verizon at home (i'm at my summer house right now), and it works a heck of a lot better imo, and it's cheaper too.

Ich
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
What kind of rates do you get with cable? I get 1.5 mbit down, 128 kbit up on Verizon DSL. If the rates you guys get can't beat that or what they're offering in your area, I wouldn't switch unless you lose a lot of net time. Our DSL has been up pretty constantly since we got it; Verizon is good about this.

vegeta1215
06-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Really the only difference I've noticed is in downloading big files. For regular surfing, the two services don't feel much different.

We're not just switching because of the lower cost though. The other reason is we that want to set up our computer in the other room and it would cost more and be more trouble to install another cable line. It's easier to just use DSL via the phone line.

btw, thanks to those of you who tested Yahoo out.