PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons gone wrong. HELP ME!

Joe_TFD
06-19-2004, 11:05 AM
I have some problems when making dungeons, for one thing, when a dungeon boss is defeated and the shutter opens, I walk through the doorway, and nothing happens! The only way I can actually get to my triforce room is if I turn the Dungeon Boss box off. And when I do grab the triforce piece I am warped to a grey abyss full of bats. :odd: Another problem not related to my dungeons, is the fact that the whistle and the raft don't work. I set up flags for both items to be used on, but nothing happens. Other than that my Quest so far is excellent, at least by my standards(This is my first quest you know.)

Tim
06-19-2004, 12:02 PM
I have no idea what is affecting the doorway. As for the grey abyss: Have you set your side warp corectly?

The raft... Have you set the raft flag on the dock?

The whistle... You have to make sure your secret combos are set correctly.

Joe_TFD
06-19-2004, 12:05 PM
I have no idea what is affecting the doorway. As for the grey abyss: Have you set your side warp corectly?

The raft... Have you set the raft flag on the dock?

The whistle... You have to make sure your secret combos are set correctly.

Thanks. All I have to worry about now is the doorway, so I'll just turn off the Dungeon Boss box for now, problem is the boss music won't play. Which doesn't matter to me, since the sounds and music of ZC ain't workin on meh PC.

Freedom
06-19-2004, 01:00 PM
the sounds you can fix, just by adjusting the drivers.
here's the info I grabbed when I had to go through this...

If you run AG setup.exe, then go to midi driver, it'll ask you for your sound card and give you a list. If yours isn't on the list, it's not compatible.

Okay, don't mess with the patches and such... leave them at default. Try changing your midi device to either "MPU-401" or "Midi Out". Don't use auto-detect: it'll usually give the generic "Adlib" option, which is probably what the problem is.

Thank you Overdrive it worked!

Ok Tudorcat this is what you should do!

1-Go into AGSetup
2-Go to Digital Driver
3-Click on Generic SB
4-Listen to what the bottom screen says and set everything to what the "usually" is.
5-Click ok
6-Go to the other sound option
7-Select MPU-401
8-Select everything to what the bottom screen says
9-Click ok, save the changes.
10-Run Zelda

Boomaster choose MPU-401 anyway. Let me tell you that I don't have a Generic SB or MPU-401 but it worked. Choose it anyway then in the options screen set the stuff to what the bottom screen says. Click ok, and run Zelda.

If this doesn't work just keep playing around with all the sound cards and save. Eventually something should work. After trying a sound card imediately set the options and save and run Zelda.

DON'T DO A SOUND TEST IN AGSETUP, IT WILL FAIL!

DO A SOUND TEST ONLY IN THE ZELDA GAME!

--------------------------
what I did for mine
--------------------------

set Digital Driver to "Soundblaster Pro" and "usual" settings as instructed by the Agsetup.exe
set Midi Driver to "Adlib (opl2) and "usual" settings.

Now for your doors, it sounds like you haven't set up right for them, the dmap has to be dungeon and the warps have to be set up right.
to go from a boss room to a triforce room shouldn't even involve a warp, you just walk to the next screen.
you also have to have a level # on the dmap, it all needs to be completely filled out.

In rules, IF freeform dungeons is set, then you need to name the door combos "overhead" as well

Espo
06-20-2004, 08:56 AM
you had mentioned boss music. if you want to do this (and assuming you get your sound to work) you will need to warp to the boss room from the main part of the dungeon (done most intuitively with a side warp) and then warp from the boss room with another side warp to get to the triforce room (this is only necessary if you want the music to change back). Also you want to remember that when creating your dmap at least for the triforce room (I usually use the same dmap as the rest of the dungeon) you need to make the level number 1-8 or the game won't think you received that triforce.

Link_the_Hero
06-20-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure about the other things, but as for picking up the Triforce, I used to have the same problem. What you do is have a side warp in the Triforce room instead of a tile warp, and have the type set to "entrance/exit", and have the screen to warp to set to the screen with the dungeon entrance on the Overworld (The same way as the entrance room in your dungeon to get back out through the door). It still does all the cool Triforce pick up stuff, like the side fade out thing, etc., so it looks just like it does in the original Zelda :D

(BTW, I'm new in these forums, in case if you didn't notice the # of posts I have :) )

Joe_TFD
06-21-2004, 10:08 AM
you had mentioned boss music. if you want to do this (and assuming you get your sound to work) you will need to warp to the boss room from the main part of the dungeon (done most intuitively with a side warp) and then warp from the boss room with another side warp to get to the triforce room (this is only necessary if you want the music to change back). Also you want to remember that when creating your dmap at least for the triforce room (I usually use the same dmap as the rest of the dungeon) you need to make the level number 1-8 or the game won't think you received that triforce. Well that pretty much solves the last of my requested problems. And thank you, freedom for helping me with my sound problem. I'll post again if I have more problems. :D

Alexfrog
06-21-2004, 07:49 PM
For picking up the triforce, you should have a tile warp or type 'i-warp w/zap fx', to the correct dmap and screen to exit the dungeon, AND a side warp type 'entrance/exit' with NO TRIGGER, and the correct dmap and screen.

You were probalby going to the room full of bats because it was trying to take you to room 80 (because thats the default, you hadnt set it as an entrance/exit).

Link_the_Hero
06-21-2004, 10:41 PM
For picking up the triforce, you should have a tile warp or type 'i-warp w/zap fx', to the correct dmap and screen to exit the dungeon, AND a side warp type 'entrance/exit' with NO TRIGGER, and the correct dmap and screen.

You were probalby going to the room full of bats because it was trying to take you to room 80 (because thats the default, you hadnt set it as an entrance/exit).

I don't use the tile warp, and it works perfectly. When I used the tile warp, it never worked, and ALWAYS sent me to screen 80, no matter what the warp screen was set to. I eventually lost patience, and looked at how the "182test" quest did it, and it doesn't use tile warps, and neither do I. :D