PDA

View Full Version : Confessing my strange temptations...

TedHead
06-19-2004, 01:39 AM
When I visited the CN tower last summer, I had this strong urge to jump off of it.

As I was passing the Sony store today, I had this strong urge to smash in the big screen televisions.

I went to a pawn shop that had a cutting board and was tempted to put my hand under the saw.

Before everyone gets the wrong idea, maybe I should rephrase this. I don't actually want to do these things. I get this strong vision in my mind of me doing these things and I start to have a great fear that whatever I'm thinking of is about to happen, or a feeling I'm being pulled to do this.

I know it's not going to happen and I can control it if it does, but it seems so real in my mind for some reason. As if I'm about to do it right away. Apparently my Dad has the same thing happen to him when he is on high places and gets this temptation to jump off.

...yeah, so am I the only one whose mind works in such freakish ways? Any feedback? heh

SixTen
06-19-2004, 01:47 AM
I think I know what you mean. I thik it's hard to explain, but when I am doing something that has any possibility of danger in it I experience what could happen in my mind. If I'm snowboarding I can imagine a really bad wipeout with broken bones maybe, I've broken three bones so I am quite familiar with the sensation. OR, if I go sailing I imagine sometimes a really strong wind, like, I can feel what the pain would be like on my head as the boom comes swinging across and thn I gasp for air, inhaling nothing but water.

Dunno if that's quite what you were thinking about, but there you go.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Your mind wanders naturally, exploring and weighing the outcomes of situations. Obviously your mind decides against jumping off a tall building, but you still have to consider it first in order to decide against it. If you really think about it, it's positively mind boggling the number of decisions we make every day about the smallest, most miniscule things. Each of us make well over ten million decisions every day (by my unprofesional guess), conscious or not. Perhaps you realize some of these decisions more than other people, but you shouldn't worry. It's completely normal.

As long as you don't hear voices telling you to do these things, of course. :laughing:

Rijuhn
I know what you mean man. I hate that too because a lot of times you have to close you're eyes and try your hardest to clear your mind of those thoughts. Take for instance where I'm working right now. I'm doing reinforcing steel work for some balconies on some hotels at the beach. I sometimes peer over the edge and think about jumping off and trying to land perfectly, just for the hell of it. Then I have to wrestle back to reality. I don't know wtf is up with me.

*b*
yeah, I've had a few instances where I would play out the most outrageous things in my head, like, one night I was laying awake in bed, just after everyone was down for the night, and I thought what would happen if I just yelled out at the top of my lungs. my mind made it so real I jumped after a while... freaky

Lilith
Happens to me all the time. Actually if it is constant and troublesome I think it becomes classified as an OCD symptom.

Naked Jim
06-19-2004, 01:07 PM
DUDE i think about shit like that all the time! But i think about how righteous it would be if it happend. like when im driving and if i hit the car and front of me or if i drive off the road and my car will flip down the hill and i will be sitting there like ya this is rad. but i dont want to kill myself i just think that would be cool.

moocow
06-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I get that, only... I don't want to do it to myself. I once got the urge to stick a classmate's hand under the hydrolic paper cutter at school once, while I was busy cutting some stacks of paper. I *so* badly wanted to do it, too.

MANDRAG GANON
06-19-2004, 05:23 PM
hehe yeah last night I was at a railroad crossing and a train was going by and I was thinking about driving into it and how cool it would look. I always consider driving into head on traffic and all these crazy things that would be so awesome to do....as long as no one was hurt form it etc. Crazyness.

Goat
06-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Whenever I see a bunny rabbit, I have teh uncontrollable urge to pet it, I try to fight these urges, and hold them back with everything I have, but I just cant. He starts hopping around in such a seductive way I just have to try to catch him and hug him, and pet him, and just let him know thats oembody cares

Archibaldo
06-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Yeah sometimes I have strange urges to like grab some random girls ass at school and then I think about what she'd do to me. Sometimes I think about like robbing a bank and wondering how hard it would be.

Samson007
06-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah sometimes you see yourself doing crazy things.

When people piss me off, i often think about what would happen if I were to stab them with a pen or something.

I often wonder what would happen if I were to take a rampage in the car and drive over everyone on the sidewalk.

Its the ability to seperate these images from reality that keeps us different from the psycho's and serial killers that actually do these things.

Goat
06-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Sometimes I cant stop myself from sticking my dick in the toaster. I know it sounds dangerous, but if you put it on the lowest setting, and make sure it touches teh side coils, its like mmmmmmmmm asian pussy or something. Other things I cant help but put my dick in are: teh blender, lamp sockets, teh mailman, teh mailwoman, exhaust pipes, and of course who can forget bunnies

Master Ghaleon
06-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Sometimes I cant stop myself from sticking my dick in the toaster. I know it sounds dangerous, but if you put it on the lowest setting, and make sure it touches teh side coils, its like mmmmmmmmm asian pussy or something. Other things I cant help but put my dick in are: teh blender, lamp sockets, teh mailman, teh mailwoman, exhaust pipes, and of course who can forget bunnies

Other things I cant help but put my dick in are: ... lamp sockets.

I cant help sticking my dick in those too. We got something in common :odd:

Dracula
06-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Dammit, Goat!! I haven't laughed like that ever since... I dunno, but I don't who you are, that's funny shit right there. :rofl:

Well, anywho... I think everyone has that "sudden urge" feeling. For some people, it just rushes through their head with a "what if..." kinda thing. For others, it just rushes out, and shit actually happens... Kinda scary.

TedHead
06-20-2004, 09:50 PM
For some people, it just rushes through their head with a "what if..." kinda thing. For others, it just rushes out, and shit actually happens... Kinda scary.
That's a good way to describe what I mean. A lot of people are talking about what if scenarios now, but pretty much everyone thinks "What if..." on many different things they do every day. I'm talking more about the second one, only not actually doing it, but somewhere on the verge of it. I guess in the middle of the first and second replies.

But thanks for all the replies, I'm not alone... :scared:

Jigglysaint
06-20-2004, 10:48 PM
I occasionally have the urge to do the following: Ruin a performance by walking on stage or somthing, flashing in church, kill my enemies, have these things where somebody does somthing bad to me, like make me feel left out and I eventually end up destroying the world because of it.

Yes, our minds are rather funny things. The trick is to just re-assue yourself that just because you have the flash thought to engage in buttsex, it does not mean you are evil or sinful.