PDA

View Full Version : Torn-up Controllers at Video Game displays

Monica
06-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I went to the video game display in Wal-mart the other day and all the controllers were missing pieces. O_O The GCN controller's left AND right analog sticks were torn completely off, and the PS1 had chunks of both alalog sticks missing...seriously, only pieces were left...THAT was creepy...

What possesses people to tear up those controllers? Wouldn't the store cameras catch them? What is the worst condition you've ever found a display controller/GBA in?

Dart Zaidyer
06-18-2004, 01:20 PM
The worst case was when I found the GameCube display's controller missing the top of the control stick, which itself was so abused that it just flopped around freely.
Every single button was so incredibly mushy you literally had to punch them to get them to register, and games were completely unplayable as a result.

zfreak2004
06-18-2004, 01:45 PM
On a Gamecube: Analog stick completely "wobly", c stick torn up beyond repair. buttons all musyhy.

PS1: Both analog sticks totally gone and two shoulder buttons mashed in.

I agree that its crazy. Once I remember going to walmart and they had just replaced the GameCube controller... So i got a pure experience... and i did say "once."... the next time I went, it was as trashed as it could possibly be.

VEL
06-18-2004, 01:57 PM
I've seen lots of messed up controllers. I have seen the sticks missing, I have seen the cords ripped up and all the wires hanging out, I have seen handhelds with smashed in screens.

vegeta1215
06-18-2004, 03:12 PM
The worst case was when I found the GameCube display's controller missing the top of the control stick, which itself was so abused that it just flopped around freely.

Ditto. That's what it's like at the Walmart near me. The X-Box and PS2 controllers are all fine - I guess people just couldn't get enough of the Gamecube?

Yoshiman
06-18-2004, 03:45 PM
GCN: The little rubbery bit was torn off of the control stick, and it would not register down movements. Also, the 'A' button was very sticky.

PSX and PS2: Both rubbery bits torn off the analog sticks. Several scratches on the contoller.

GBASP: Screen very dirty. Thousands on fingerprints and smudges on it. No one bothers to shut the power off after they're done with it either, so no battery power in it (Wal-Mart doesn't bother to keep the charger plugged in :p )

XBOX: Loose analog stick, sticky buttons and triggers.

phattonez
06-18-2004, 03:51 PM
I saw a GBA at a Target once. I played Super Mario World one week. Then about the next week, it was gone. Needless to say, they didn't replace it.

lord_jamitossi
06-18-2004, 04:41 PM
The worst i've ever seen is a gamecube with a cable hanging out of it. A CABLE. The controller had been completly ripped off of it!

*b*
06-18-2004, 04:47 PM
I went to the video game display in Wal-mart the other day and all the controllers were missing pieces. O_O The GCN controller's left AND right analog sticks were torn completely off, and the PS1 had chunks of both alalog sticks missing...seriously, only pieces were left...THAT was creepy...

What possesses people to tear up those controllers? Wouldn't the store cameras catch them? What is the worst condition you've ever found a display controller/GBA in?

what's really wierd is when the GCN controller has two analog controll sticks :laughing:

anyway, the worst condition I've found a demo controller in, is there was little flecks of gum all over it, pre chewed, of course. very discusting. the worst condition GBA was the power cord was cut, and the screen was extremley scratched

Monica
06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
what's really wierd is when the GCN controller has two analog controll sticks :laughing:

anyway, the worst condition I've found a demo controller in, is there was little flecks of gum all over it, pre chewed, of course. very discusting. the worst condition GBA was the power cord was cut, and the screen was extremley scratched

O_o You're right...I could have sworn that was a GCN controller...Maybe there was only one stick, but I felt two places where the sticks used to be but the Controller was silver, I'm sure.

ShadowTiger
06-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Dayamn. The only time I've ever seen a controller of any sort damaged, was when I was visiting a Best Buy in Massachussets(sp?) a few weeks ago, and I was checking out the games there, (They had nothing good.) .. And I saw a kid just pluck the black analog stick right out of its socket, stick it in his mouth, and I dare not even imagine what he did with it then. I was considering going to tell some Best Buy staff, but they got to him first. .. It was almost amusing watching them haul him away, but I was mourning for the controller. :shakeno:

Bloodstar64
06-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Oddly. The Wal-Mart Where I live has yet to have these problems with the controlers (With exception of the PS1, which has been there for along time.)

On a side note: Why the hell donsent Wal-Mart put up a "If we catch you injure a controler, you buy it" sign up?

Dark Knight
06-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Hmm..the worst I've seen a controller as far as being damaged is ALL the buttons on the PS2 controller were gone(yes, even R3 and L3), the right side of the controller, where the thing that vibrates the controller was broke off, only tape was keeping the rest of the componets in there.

The 2nd worst would have to be( I saw this happen) a kid pried the Z button(gamecube) out, press the A button as hard as he could, causing it not to pop back up into it's normal position, rip the joy-stick and C-stick out. Wal-Mart security caught him in the act as well, and the reason he said he did it was because he lost in Mario-Kart double dash.

Archibaldo
06-18-2004, 09:55 PM
At the McDonald's near me they have a "game station" where they have about six gamecubes hooked up and all of the controllers were missing the little rubbery thing on the grey analog stick. So when you played it hurt you fingers when you turned dramatically.

Fanblade101
06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
the absolute worst that i have ever seen any controller, or game device was at the Target I go to. It was the Gameboy Advance SP. It was cut down in the prime of life. :cry: They had just put it up and two days later, somebody smashed the plastic protector that encases it, then they snapped the screen backwards off of the SP. :shocking:

Who would do this? Wouldn't you have enough common sense to..umm..i dont know..not break stuff in store.
Morons. :shakeno:

Zaggarum
06-22-2004, 01:43 AM
thats some sick shit, haven't seen a lot of damage here yet, but back when 64 was out the controllers where in realy bad shape.