PDA

View Full Version : New Quest Re-Release

Nightmare
06-18-2004, 02:24 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=141

It's back, after 4 years. Extra dungeon for those thrill-seekers, good luck finding it though.

-James

phattonez
06-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Where is the whistle? I can't even get past the first level right now.

4matsy
06-18-2004, 02:08 PM
ROFL! :rofl:

I remember back during the original New Quest's heyday, this was such a common tripper-upper for the newbs. Funny as hell to see 'em all get stuck on an 8-room level 1...:D

Push every block, buddy. Even the ones that look like they can't be pushed in that direction. ;)

bmowrey
06-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Never played the orig, so here's another noob question: where's level 2? I found 3 . . .

Nightmare
06-18-2004, 02:56 PM
bowrey: Use the Raft. Look for a mini-dungeon in the Graveyard for the Raft.

Hypercrash: It's ironic, I put the same secret room into James Quest 2, and it STILL tripped up people.

-James

Alexfrog
06-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Yes, I hate those push blocks without the Solid Blocks rule, where you can push 'em onto each other. Evil trick. ;)

4matsy
06-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah, it seems a lot of peeps don't know about pushing blocks into one another. I just find that odd since you can do it in the original 2nd quest...I guess not that many players pushed the block to the right in that 5/2 X-formation room, heh...:D

Currently working on level 11, about two-thirds done with it according to the map...GOOD FREAKIN' LORD the enemies in here are INSANE!!! :eek: I've blown about 3 red potions in here...the only other level I needed a potion for was 8...I'm not sure I want to see what the boss in here is like :scared:

I find it quite fun though...it'll certainly present a challenge to those who find it. ;)

JayeM
06-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Wow! Congratulations, Hypercrash, I didn't think anyone would find Level 11. Now you see why it's optional and you can beat the quest without it...

Nightmare
06-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Hypercrash, what items have you managed to pull out of the dungeon, curious?

-James

4matsy
06-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Amulet
Master sword
2nd bracelet
Flippers
Fire boomerang
+4 bomb capacity
Wallet (dunno whether it's the 500 or 999 variety, I haven't filled it up yet :p)

In that order, if I remember correctly. Boy was I happy to get some of those...killing everybody in 1-2 hits and stunning death knights is oh so satisfying, and I don't want to think about what the rooms would've been like if I'd missed that amulet...

And now, a funny lil' war story for you...:rolleyes:

In a last-ditch attempt to finally end my 2-hour fight against this monstrosity (I beat level 10 around the 3 hour mark, and this particular saved game is now running into 5 hours...I figured the end wasn't too far away, since I only had 3 rooms left at the bottom of the right side of the map), I decided to finally resort to cheating, holding the F4 key (1-frame advance) to slow down the game.

Funny thing is, I STILL didn't beat it...:odd:

I was cruising along, happy to finally not have to use my red potion...found out there weren't just 3 rooms left :sweat:...then I got to the Stalfos 3/Patra 3 room, which cost me half the potion, immediately followed by T3H SUP3R EVIL RING OF DEATH KNIGHTS DEEEEEEEEEEEEATH!!!!1111oneoneone :eek::scared::odd::surprise::shocking::sb:

...and in an especially cruel twist, despite my fire boomerang, master sword, and remaining blue potion, the VERY LAST death knight killed me when I had ONE hit left on him...AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!! :banghead: (Well, I suppose that's what I get for cheating...)

So, uh...I'm beginning to suspect that I missed the gold ring somewhere? :D Or any other item that'd REALLY help right now. So far, I've been going through this madhouse with just the red ring, hence the excessive use of red potions I mentioned in my previous post...

...or do I get such wonderful help at the end of level 11, as a reward for beating it? :scared:

Despite all the frustration, I'm still having fun. In a sick, twisted sort of way...:goofy:

EDIT: Oh, better mention this before I forget, I found a bug with the level 11 entrance...if you walk back out the door, you end up stuck in the upper-left hand corner...

Nightmare
06-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Nope, you were 2 rooms away from the Gold Ring. Only 10 Mirror-Robes and a 40-headed Gleeok 2 stood in your way. The Gold Ring is the ultimate reward for beating it.

-James