PDA

View Full Version : Classic NES series survey

Jakq
06-17-2004, 08:11 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/classic.jsp

I think the American NES series will be based on this

I voted for, from what I can remember, and what I can justify spending 20 bux a piece on

Punch Out!!
Zelda II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Kid Icarus
Contra
Tecmo Bowl

Rainman
06-17-2004, 09:17 PM
I can't believe they didn't have Final Fantasy. Say what you want about it, but it got me into RPGs. :) I voted for all the good games I played as a youth and some I would like to see again.

Mak-X
06-17-2004, 09:26 PM
They have Final Fantasy on the large NES games list, though remakes of Final Fantasy I and II are coming to the GBA.

I put in votes for Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Contra, and the Adventures of Lolo.

TedHead
06-17-2004, 10:26 PM
YEAAAAH BATTLETOADS! I would love to see that on the GBA.

Why do they have Kirby's Adventure as an option? Nightmare in Dreamland IS Kirby's Adventure, much to my dissapointment.

Anyways, my votes are:
Battletoads, Excitebike, Kung Fu Heroes, Metroid, River City Ransom, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, Zelda, Zelda II

Yes, you saw correctly, Kung Fu Heroes. Get an emulator, it's a rocking game.

Dart Zaidyer
06-17-2004, 11:08 PM
I voted mainly for Zelda II, Contra, and Castlevania.
As much as I love Metroid, I had to restrain myself from voting for it because it's already in Zero Mission, and I am NOT going to put down 20 dollars for the same thing by itself.

vegeta1215
06-17-2004, 11:26 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/classic.jsp

I think the American NES series will be based on this

They have already released the first wave of Classic NES series for the US. The games include The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Excitebike, Ice Climber, Xevious, Bomberman and Pac-man (all of which are on that list).

They've put out a second wave of these games in Japan. You can read about them here: http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1605504,00.asp Whether we will get a second wave of Classic NES games I'm not sure (or whether they will be the same as the second wave in japan or based off popular demand)

I already got the Classic NES Zelda :) I beat the first quest and am on the 4th level of the second quest. If they put out Zelda II, I'd have to buy it of course. There aren't many other games on that list that I'd want. I already have SMB (SMB DX), and Metroid (Metroid Zero Mission). I guess it would be cool to have Punch Out!

Warlock
06-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Here is the problem with Zelda 2. Although the American version rocked, the japanese version sucked. People hate it over there. So I'm a bit worried we'll never see it, though I would LOVE for them to do that game (American version!).

Jakq
06-19-2004, 11:39 AM
We may see Zelda II, dude. This series may split into US and Japanese versions, with different games for each. If that happens, just think, we won't have to see dumb games on gba from this series (ie mario bros and clu clu land)

Master Ghaleon
06-19-2004, 03:00 PM
The link says that they arent collecting anymore info :P I guess im a day late

vegeta1215
06-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Here is the problem with Zelda 2. Although the American version rocked, the japanese version sucked. People hate it over there. So I'm a bit worried we'll never see it, though I would LOVE for them to do that game (American version!).

Didn't Japan finally get the good (US) version of Zelda II in the Zelda: Collector's Edition disc? I heard they did.

Orion
06-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Hm... I wonder how many of these games Nintendo could actually publish again since they were developed by different people. For instance, Castlevania.

I'd rather see the likes of Kid Icarus and Punch-Out than Metroid and Zelda II. If I want Metroid, I play it with Zero Mission or Prime. If I want Zelda II, I can whip out the collectors disc. Or I can just go hook up my NES and play the originals.

Jakq
06-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Nintendo probably listed the games that they have support from the original makers to make.

MottZilla
06-19-2004, 05:04 PM
You had 3 options to select from a complete NES list. However if the game was made by some developer not supporting Nintendo anymore, you were wasting that vote. Konami games were ofcourse a safe bet. I'd really like to see Kid Icarus personally.

Jakq
06-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I am hoping for, mainly, the six I mentioned above, but also
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Batman (which i doubt)

If nintendo is smart, they will use this thing, because people like me will most definatly shell out 120 bux for 6 of their favorite nes games.

Mak-X
06-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Japan got the Famicom Disk versions of Zelda 1 and 2 for the Collector's edition, although that's by judging from a few screens on a Japanese game site and NCL's website.

Does Japan hate Zelda II? I don't think it'd be a problem for NOA to rerelease it here, but in Japan, the GBA line of games are Famicom Minis, Zelda II was only released for the Famicom Disk System there. Although Japan could do FDS games eventually. Then they could release Super Mario Bros. 2 (JPN), Kid Icarus, and Zelda II for GBA. (Zelda 1 was later rereleased for the Famicom hence its GBA release)

Samson007
06-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Battletoads was bomb.

But punch out will forever hold one of the spots in my most favorite games of all time list.

lord of the pit
06-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Yea punch out was a good game but I personaly think that final fanticy takes the cake!