PDA

View Full Version : Stairs and Traps

phattonez
06-17-2004, 01:40 AM
In the dungeon, I am supposed to have stairs covered by a block on a higher level. When I test it, I see that a trap is in the vicinity of the stairs. I put the cheats on to get a clock, I get the trap out of the way, and I find that the stairs are not there. It seems that the stairs have been replaced by the trap? Is this a bug, or did I not notice something?

EDIT: I fixed that problem. I accidentally placed a trap flag. Now I have a problem with blocks. Whenever I try to push the block, another block is left in its place. I looked at idonknow's tutorial put I can't figure it out. I think it is probobaly a problem with the secret combo. Could you tell me which secret combo to fill out?

Sephiroth
06-17-2004, 05:13 AM
when you push the block, it brings up the undercombo.. you may want to check that. In ZC Data -> Undercombo. Be sure that the combo you want to set as the undercombo is the combo that's highlighted. :)

phattonez
06-17-2004, 01:56 PM
I have had the undercombo set, but a block is still being left in its place. The strange thing is that this only occurs in some rooms. In others it works perfectly.

TheouAegis
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
My two cents:

The only things I can think of off the bat are...

1) Your undercomboes are resetting. Solution: make sure you save your game after making any changes.
Alternate Solution: set Undercombo to whole map. This is drastic but if it works, then you know it is indeed undercombo related.

2) make sure you have no Secret Combos with the block set. Especially make sure that the block never appears in combos 16-31.

3) here's an insane solution: remove all flags, save, then test it. Might want to backup your game before messing with it this way.

also, is it the same block or a different one? if it's a different block, then it's going to the next combo, but I can't see why this would happen in a pushblock, so u might as well just ignore this.

phattonez
06-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Whenever I go back to ZQuest, the undercombo is still set. I think I know what is causing the problem now, but I do not know how to fix it. Whenever there is more than one flag type in the screen, a block is left when I push one. I have a simple push block puzzle, but there are blocks that only move horizontally or vertically. I also have a block in a room where a burn flag was put. That flag works. The push block puzzle does not work at all. If you need me to put a picture up to understand what I am saying, just ask.