PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Help

phattonez
06-15-2004, 08:57 PM
While creating the first dungeon, I have encountered a few problems.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/phattonez/AGN/dungeon1.jpg

Problem 1: The most obvious problem is that the color is wrong. I made the color of the dungeon regular, but it comes out green. I changed the theme to overworld and others, but they do not work.

Problem 2: Link does not start off in the right place. I have the start point and return point set, but Link always starts off in the same corner.

Problem 3: The door at the top is supposed to be locked. Obviously, it is not. In other screens, passages are covered by walls.

Problem 4: In the next screen up (past where the locked door is supposed to be) I have convey tiles. They show up, but they do no make Link move when he stands there.

All help is appreciated.

Espo
06-15-2004, 09:09 PM
1) the when you set up the dmap for this dungeon did you pay attention to what pallette the dmap uses. if you check in the dmap window for that dmap you will see what pallette this is using... say you see it is using pallette 2, exit the dmap window and when you are back on the main editing screen go to one of the screens in your dungeon and press the 2 button on your keyboard. This will change the working pallette for that screen to pallette 2 and you will be able to use the csets for that pallette and see how they will appear in zc. (obviously if you are using pallette say 6 you will press 6 on the screen instead of 2).

2) if link is warping to the correct screen in your dungeon you will need to use the green iconed start point for the dmap. if he is not on the correct screen check your tile warp to make sure you are using the relative coordinates for the dmap (as opposed to absolute coordinates of the map). other than that it should work. maybe check the continue position for that dmap but this shouldn't really be the problem.

3) it seems you are trying to create doors by using the tools -> doors menu function but you do not have the doors set properly in you quest -> graphics -> door combo set menu. usually I would use freeform dungeon rule and place doors myself. so you would simply place door shaped combos on your screen where you would want a door (making sure you set the part link will walk under as an overhead combo). for locked doors you make the combo that looks like a locked door to be combo type "lock block" and make sure the next combo in the combo page looks like an open door (this is simply how lock blocks work). you can also do shutters by using secret combos and such. I think this just gives you more control over your design.

4) these tiles may look like convery belts as far as graphics and animation goes but you need to make sure you set the combo type to conveyor type combos in the direction you wan them to convey.

Hope this helps.

phattonez
06-15-2004, 09:30 PM
1) It is the right color, but it still isn't right.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/phattonez/AGN/dungeon1-1.JPG

2) Link goes to the right screen, and all the icons are in the right spot, but Link still goes to that corner.

3) I don't see a flag for "lock block." Besides, it should work even though I used the door templates. It is on freeform dungeons, but I used that to make it easier.

4) I am sure they are convey combos.

Freedom
06-15-2004, 10:01 PM
sounds to me that you haven't filled out the dmap properly.

for screen color, when you make a screen in zquest, and press "5" (for example) as the color set, then that also has to be filled in in the dmap.

not filling in the level number can cause weird problems unless it's overworld.

with the doors, they have to be put in with the doors option in tools for them to work and the dmap type has to be set to dungeon.
cave and overworld won't work.

the convey combos...
right click on them and see that they have a direction set, like "conyey right" etc, and a speed.
They also must be on layer 0, they won't work on a higher layer.

phattonez
06-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Everything has just been fixed. I must have slipped filling in the information for DMap 11 because I put it as map 12. Everything works now. Thanks everyone.