PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial 3rd quest

Bomber
06-14-2004, 02:24 PM
Anyone completed this? I have made it through level 1, but cant find level 2 for the life of me. The clue says its under a tree in the desert. I cant find any tree in the desert except one that is not burnable or bombable. I was able to get through the official 3rd quest very easily, but this has had me frustrated for months.

vegeta1215
06-15-2004, 01:07 AM
You got through the Official 3rd quest easily? Huh...

I beat the Unofficial 3rd quest (also by AlphaDawg) long long ago. What a great quest. Myself and redtiger had a really long thread about the quest that we posted to as we were progressing through it (probably the longest thread about at single quest I've seen). Sadly I think it has been pruned :(

If I remember correctly, the 2nd level is in the desert north of the lake on the east side of the overworld. There is one screen with bush you can't burn, and then north/south of that one (possibly through a hidden path) is the one you can burn.

Oh yeah, good luck on level 6 ;)

Bomber
06-15-2004, 11:17 AM
The most frustratign thing about this quest so far is now that I have beaten level 1, I have nowhere to go. I still can't find level 2, and I cant find my way through the cave, or through the four screens of falling rocks and blue Lynels :mad:

Bomber
06-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Found it! :)

vegeta1215
06-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Glad you found it! AlphaDawg has some FAQs on his website for the quest. Check'm out if you get stuck again: http://casadealphadawg.com/zc/u3q/index.html

Bomber
06-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Been there :)

link0000
06-17-2004, 10:21 AM
I found Level 2 and the bow, but I think you have to kill the Gohma in one of the earlier rooms to beat the level. However, I can't find the arrow.

Bomber
06-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Can't find arrows either. I wonder if they are in the cave on that screen I can't make it to

4matsy
06-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Actually I think both the bow and arrows are in level 2.

One I remember was under a block in a REALLY weird location, that I didn't think could possibly be moveable...;)

Odanaki
06-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Maybe I'm off-topic. Please tell it gently if I'm wrong.

When there was that contest about the 3rd Quest, there were about five or six Quests that were made for that purpose.

Does anyone have the name of the Quests and the contestants that made these Quests. And where can I download them all.

Thanks in advance!

Jish
07-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Believe it or not, I joined these forums simply to reply to this topic. I was going to join it eventually though, so I can announce my quests here.

Anyway, The arrows are in the room with the Aquamentus. You have to push a block to the right. However, I can't find the freaking bow. Can anyone help?

edit: never mind, I found the bow. If anyone needs to know, you can find it by walking through the bottom wall in the room with lots of Gibdos. (the one with the passageway to the Pols Voice room)

I'm currently having trouble in level 4. Not only did I lose my shield, but I can't figure out what to do. I found the Magic Boomerang, the heart piece, and the compass, but I still need the map and I'm assuming the stepladder. Also, I found a whole bunch of heart pieces and money by burning every tree on every screen where I found no warps, using the whistle on every screen, and bombing a few places. I found two 100 rupee rooms, three 25 rupee rooms, four pay for the door rooms, a store, a potion store, and the Magical Sword. That is in addition to the 13 heart pieces I found - 6 of which were from levels 1-4 and the two cave places.

On an actually useful note, how do you make it so the whistle only makes stairs when you're standing on a certain spot? This happens on "the pitcher's mound" - the entrance to level 4. ...Wait a second, I just looked in ZQuest and saw the Whistle flag. What the hell? While working through 2 entire quests and helping on another, I have never noticed that flag. Ever.

Foxx
07-22-2004, 05:15 AM
Hmmm, now that this topic has been brought back, I should mention that I ran into a place where the other 3rd quest entries have been kept. If you go here (http://zcnetwork.net/qdb/Temp/3rd/) you will be able to find the 4 most obscure 3rd quest entries (the ones not made by Glenn, TSA or AlphaDawg). You never know what you'll bump into, when you mulch around on the web.

muffin
08-04-2004, 07:40 PM
So I'm playing that unofficial third quest by AlphaDawg.
It's only the second custom quest I've seriously played, the first one being the official third quest, which I completed.
I have 12 hearts, 5 triforce pieces, the magical sword, and I've been trying levels 6 and 7, and I keep getting destroyed by hordes of Wizzrobes and Blue Darknuts, mostly because I don't have a blue ring. So my question is, is it normal to not have a blue ring by this point? I have found the shop that sells a blue ring for 300 rupees, but I can't buy the ring because I can't carry more than 255 rupees. Did I miss something somewhere (like a rupee carrying capacity increase), or do I just need to improve on my Darknut and Wizzrobe fighting techniques?

Thank you!

vegeta1215
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
So my question is, is it normal to not have a blue ring by this point? I have found the shop that sells a blue ring for 300 rupees, but I can't buy the ring because I can't carry more than 255 rupees. Did I miss something somewhere (like a rupee carrying capacity increase), or do I just need to improve on my Darknut and Wizzrobe fighting techniques?

Thank you!

Yeah, there's a bigger wallet somewhere. It's been so long since I've played this quest (like 4 years) so I can't remember where it is specifically. But, once you get the bigger wallet, get the blue ring asap! It will help a lot.

Later in the game you will get the mirror shield (if you can find it ;)), and afterwards, Blue Wizzrobes are a piece of cake cause you can send their magic right back at them! Darknuts take a lot of practice. Do you know the Darknut flip trick you can do with the wand? It is invaluable in the later dungeons (esp level 9)

muffin
08-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Yeah, there's a bigger wallet somewhere. It's been so long since I've played this quest (like 4 years) so I can't remember where it is specifically. But, once you get the bigger wallet, get the blue ring asap! It will help a lot.Thanks a lot! :) It turns out that the bigger wallet was in level 3, but I had somehow missed it. Today, I went back to some of the earlier dungeons to see if I had missed something, and I got lucky - level 3 was the first one I tried. I now feel bad that I had to beat levels 4, 5 and almost all of 6 without the blue ring, even though I could have had it. But after getting the blue ring, what was left of level 6 became a piece of cake.

Darknuts take a lot of practice. Do you know the Darknut flip trick you can do with the wand? It is invaluable in the later dungeons (esp level 9)No, I don't know that trick.

vegeta1215
08-07-2004, 01:53 AM
hehe, yeah, for AlphaDawg's quests you really have to take his word (from his README) about pushing every block in every room. Even after beating the game (and the bonus level he added later) I still missed one heart piece.

No, I don't know that trick.

Okay, here's the trick.

Once you have the wand, when a Darknut is walking right towards you, use your wand to hit his shield, and then push the controller in the direction opposite to the one you're facing. If done right, you will flip the Darknut over your shoulder, and do a little damage to him!

This comes in handy in tight spaces, esp in level 9 of the Unofficial Third Quest near the mirror shield room ;) btw, once you flip the Darknut "over your shoulder", be cautious cause they often turn around and come right back for you. (but you can keep flipping them over)

Odanaki
08-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Thank you Foxx for your last reply. I'm 2 weeks late! But thanks again, that is what I was looking for. By the way, if I remember well, some of those 3rd Quests were quite hard. :banghead:

Cloral
08-07-2004, 08:01 PM
I only got as far as level 6 in AD's UTQ. Those rooms stuffed with blue darknuts were just too annoying.

Foxx
08-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Thank you Foxx for your last reply. I'm 2 weeks late! But thanks again, that is what I was looking for. By the way, if I remember well, some of those 3rd Quests were quite hard. :banghead:
Ah, you're welcome, glad my post finally found its target. If you're looking for one that isn't terribly hard, I recommend Aegis Runestone's quest. It won't beat you down (the way, say, TSA's did), but it doesn't feel like a very "authentic" 3rd quest either. If you play it, you'll know what I mean. But it's still a good quest in its own right. Just a heads up, though: you'll need to buy a few keys.

muffin
08-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Okay, here's the trick.

Once you have the wand, when a Darknut is walking right towards you, use your wand to hit his shield, and then push the controller in the direction opposite to the one you're facing. If done right, you will flip the Darknut over your shoulder, and do a little damage to him!

This comes in handy in tight spaces, esp in level 9 of the Unofficial Third Quest near the mirror shield room ;) btw, once you flip the Darknut "over your shoulder", be cautious cause they often turn around and come right back for you. (but you can keep flipping them over)
Thanks a lot! I'm assuming that this can be done with other enemies. The other day, I was fighting Like Likes using the wand, and I (unintentionally) did something that looks a lot like what you described.

I'm making progress. I have 8 triforce pieces, 15 hearts, the flippers and the hint to find level 9. Hopefully I can find it tomorrow.

The Mirror Shield that you're talking about looks like a great item! I'm looking forward to using it to kick some Wizzrobe butt. I'm wondering, though: what happens to the Mirror Shield when you get caught by a Like Like?

vegeta1215
08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
The Mirror Shield that you're talking about looks like a great item! I'm looking forward to using it to kick some Wizzrobe butt. I'm wondering, though: what happens to the Mirror Shield when you get caught by a Like Like?

You don't lose it ;)

I thought the wand trick only worked with Darknuts, but I could be wrong. Those are the only enemies I used it on, since they guard one side of them and AlphaDawg made a lot of rooms with one column/row walkways have lots of Darknuts. btw, if you try the trick in the original NES game, you will find that it works there too - Phantom Menace programmed ZC to be exactly like the original, glitches and all.

Also, now that you have the flippers, you can go into the bonus level (if you can find it). The end of the bonus level has the master sword (even more powerful than the magic sword), but that level is a doosy.

muffin
08-11-2004, 01:50 AM
I thought the wand trick only worked with Darknuts, but I could be wrong.Actually, I think what I did is something slightly different that what you described. The Like Like was hit first by the wand, and second by the fire that shoots from the wand (I had the magic book). When it hit the fire the Like Like flipped over Link's shoulder. Or something like that.

Also, now that you have the flippers, you can go into the bonus level (if you can find it). The end of the bonus level has the master sword (even more powerful than the magic sword), but that level is a doosy.I completed the quest! :) Overall, a pretty interesting quest, although it seems that there were a few bugs.
But I didn't find the bonus level, red ring, mirror shield and I'm short two heart pieces. I guess I just have some more exploring to do...

As you can see from my post count, I'm rather new to Zelda Classic. I've now beaten four quests (1st, 2nd, 3rd and AlphaDawg's U3Q). Any suggestions as to what a good fifth quest would be for a newbie like me?

vegeta1215
08-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Wasn't the map in level 9 just wonderful? lol. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it. You should definitely go for those other items in the U3Q when you get a chance. If you'd like, I'll give you a hint where the bonus level is ;)

I haven't played a lot of ZC quests, but most of the ones I have played are really early ones. (from 2000 like AlphaDawg's) VEL's BS Zelda remake is fun, so is Tiny Quest by ShadowBlazer. If you want some real challenges (possibly more so than AlphaDawgs) try James' Quests.

Jeffrotull
06-26-2006, 05:25 PM
I started playing u3q awhile back and with some help from reading the threads I have managed to beat levels 1 and 2 and got the boomerang, candle, arrows, bow, white sword, and the bracelet. I've checked everywhere I can think of for the next adventure but with no luck. I think I need to find level 3 or the whistle, raft, ladder or maybe something else. Also I was wondering if you ever have to bomb a door thats not on a flat area or burn a bush thats on the very perimeter of the screen. In original zelda they followed certain rules where secrets can be found but obviously zelda classic doesnt follow all those rules. Thanks in advance !

LinkMaster500
06-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Did you get the hint in Level 2 that says that there's "a secret at King's Tomb?" Go to the graveyard screen with four tombstones and place a bomb there. That will open Level 3.

Jeffrotull
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks LinkMaster500, I could of sworn I tried everything at Kings Tomb but obviously not.

Nicholas Steel
06-28-2006, 12:39 AM
hehe, yeah, for AlphaDawg's quests you really have to take his word (from his README) about pushing every block in every room. Even after beating the game (and the bonus level he added later) I still missed one heart piece.

Okay, here's the trick.

is that wand trick in the original LOZ?

Jeffrotull
07-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I've gotten to level 7 now but I can not figure out where to go. I can not seem to access the right side of the map. I even made an excel map to show where I've bombed. According to my map I've tried every wall and block.

Also I was wondering if there was anything in level 6 besides the power bombs, and when can I get the flippers since I think they are the only thing that will allow me to get to the rest of the overworld map. Theres this small lake on the left side of the map I cant get past it.

Thanks in advance!

LinkMaster500
07-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Other than the super bombs, there are no other key items left in Level 6.

In Level 7, you need to push a stone statue (not a block) to reveal a secret passage that eventually leads to the boss. It is in the room with two statues in the center of the room and two Gohmas. You have to do the same in Level 6 to get to the boss room.

Also in Level 7, there is a room where you have to blow the Whistle to reveal a staircase and one where you must shoot a tree with an arrow. I'm pointing these out because these are unusual ways to trigger secrets that you probably would miss because they did not exist in the original Zelda.

As for that lake on the left side, you need the Wand and Book, so you can use the Wand to burn a tree which will create a bridge--allowing you to pass.

Rockies Rookie
07-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Say this thing I have to use the whistle on in LV2??, where so I get the whistle?????????

Also I have tried to get through these lost woods for a week now. Is there a map for these lost woods????
Or can some one help me out on this???????

LinkMaster500
07-02-2006, 02:05 PM
The Whistle is in Level 3, and you don't need it in Level 2.

As for the woods, are you asking about the screens full of trees and you have to find the correct path to walk through them? If so, PM me your e-mail address so I can send you a copy of the map that I downloaded from AlphaDawg's web site.

Does anyone out there have the working link to his site because I don't think the old link works? If so, please post that.

Rockies Rookie
07-02-2006, 06:26 PM
For the life of me I can't find a passage way to the Boss in LV2, I have been in a complete circle, and done everything 10 times. Thought I had it in this last room but just took me back to the start. SCHUCKS>>> Thanks LM500

Nicholas Steel
07-02-2006, 07:29 PM
um did my post get deleted from here with no reason for it? anywho will someone please answer my question..... im just liking (likeing?) to be a curious fellow. (fix me spelling please)

LinkMaster500
07-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Are you talking about the level that you get to by finding a secret tree in the desert?

Remember to try bombing and walking through all walls.

Rockies Rookie
07-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes Lv2, I have been going in circles for about twenty times now. I always end up back with the blu leevers next to entrance. I have found the bow and arrow. But have spent much money on bombs (tried to WTW's ), done everywall at least twenty times. There must be a room where there is a passage to the Bosss. Will try again.Can you give me a hint on at least what enemies are in the room that has this passage to the boss????Or send me a PM
Okay I have gone back again bombed every wall even in the entrance, and tried to WTW's (pushed every block) again every where I can and nothing.

And Thanks LM500 for the map. That way I had found once before, sorry, but have been looking for a way that comes out on the west side of it. Is there a way out there, and how do I get west of there?????? HMMM!!

Also by earlier clue went one screen north of where you come out and burned all the trees looking for bracelet. and nothing so am I to presume that I cannot get the bracelet till after I have the whistle???

LinkMaster500
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
You don't need to burn any trees to get the Bracelet. In fact, you can get it right now. Go to the far bottom-right corner of the overworld, then go left a few screens until you see a cave. Go inside and work through that dungeon and the Bracelet's yours. Beware that the way to the cave is packed with falling rocks, Peahats, and Red and Blue Lynels.

Did you beat the Red Gohma in Level 2? Go up and left. Then defeat all the Zols and push one of the blocks. That's the way to eventually reach the Boss. You might have been to that room, but you forgot to check the blocks.

No there is no way to to the west side the west side of the forest maze just yet. That is an area you'll deal with later in the game.

Rockies Rookie
07-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks
I have not ran into any Ghoma (or Zols)at all in LV2, which I got to through dessert and burned single tree. All I have ran into is a Aquamentus, and a digdogger Which cannot be killed without whistle. Even ran in there and tried to WTW, and bombed the one wall. The other 2 are doors that don't open till you kill digdogger. There must be a way to the Ghoma, but haven't found where it is. Have pushed every block to.. What room gets me to the Ghoma??? This Lv kinda goes around in circle with the digdogger off the top.

Have found the place that the bracelet is, will try to get through this till I hear from you on LV2.
Okay got the bracelet and HP , is that all that is in there????

LinkMaster500
07-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Are you sure you encounter the Digdogger in Level 2, or do you find it in Level 3? I know you have to fight two Digdoggers as a boss in Level 3 of this quest, but you'll get the Whistle by then.

I might be giving you information for the wrong quest. Could you e-mail me a copy of the .qst file? Or if you want, just go to the Digdogger room and push F12 on the keyboard to make a screenshot. Then e-mail that picture to me.

Rockies Rookie
07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
DOOOOOOH!!!!!
will start again

Rockies Rookie
07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
LM500, there is still a digdogger here, and downloaded from Zelda Classic, Armmegeddon games, don't know but this is sure a drag. seem like a good game. seen email address for ALPHADAWG seen PM

LinkMaster500
07-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I just e-mailed AlphaDawg. Keep in mind that I'm not sure if he's still active on ZC forums or if he still uses that e-mail address.

All I can suggest right now is to just go to Level 3, get the Whistle, then come back to finish Level 2.

You downloaded it from the ZC web site, so you should be getting the complete and official final version of this quest. But I'm not sure why you're still getting a Digdogger in that room and not a Gohma like I get--unless you're using something like version 2.11 of Zelda Classic.

Don't worry about my mention of all those Patras. I think that was on a download of this quest on another web page.

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 03:25 AM
yes what version of zelda classic are you using?

Rockies Rookie
07-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Well tried the one you sent me and it still has a digdogger. Don't know what to say. Will try one more way, that you gave me.
Don't know if this 190 and 210 has anything to do with it. I think it was the 190, but don't know alot about this, hubby dowloaded it

the one that I downloaded from Zelda Classic, armeggedon games,,,, then LM500 sent me one and it was the same.

Going to try to get the whistle, but can't seem to even get through the second room to the left. they kill me before it get through the door. Any hints?????

THANK YOU LM500 for everything......

LinkMaster500
07-04-2006, 01:43 PM
What enemies are you talking about?

Rockies Rookie
07-04-2006, 01:47 PM
The patras and the darknuts, can't make it one inch, they are in LV3 second room to left
Please don't tell me they aren't suppose to be here, had them in one room I think to the left when I went to get the bracelet to. Just skipped that room, but can't here.

Jeffrotull
07-04-2006, 04:48 PM
At this point I have gotten all items except the red ring, mirror shield, master sword and 1/4 heart piece (I have 16 hearts but missed one quarter). I got through the bonus level but when I walked on the sword it wouldnt give it to me. Do I need the extra quarter? or need to get other items first?

On a side note do you have to powerbomb the wall in level 9 everytime you start it? and I looked all in that cave and couldnt seem to find the powerbomb shop.

and thanks again LinkMaster500. It turns out that I missed the book in level 4 so I couldnt burn the bushes in level 6 or on the overworld.

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 07:19 PM
problems with picking up swords is related to your current level of max health.

LinkMaster500
07-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Rockies Rookie: I hate to say this, but all those Patras are not supposed to be there. When I play this quest, I don't get all those Patras. They aren't hard to kill, but it can be difficult when you have several of them all in one room. Unfortunately, I don't have much to suggest except to ask what version of Zelda Classic (2.11, 2.10, 1.92, or some other version) did you download? I presume that you downloaded ZC itself from this web site. I am completely puzzled because I play the exact same quest file but don't have these problems. I think your options are the following:

1. I could open a copy of this quest in ZQuest, edit the dungeons screens so they have the enemies I encounter, then e-mail it to you so you can try it, but you'll have to start over--Yet again

2. Just play the quest the way you have it.
3. Look for another quest to download.

Jethrotull: The default rule in ZQuest is that you need 21 hearts to get the Master Sword, but I'm not sure if that's the case in this quest. The Red Ring and Mirror Shield are both in Level 9. Don't worry if you can't get it as you do not need it to beat the game.

Did you blow the Whistle in the screen east of the alternative exit to Level 8. That's where you can buy the Lens of Truth for 750 rupees. Then you can use it in Level 9 on walls, and if it reveals a black hole that looks different from that which appears when you normally bomb a wall, you'll need a super bomb to open the passage. I think there is another super bomb shop somewhere, but I couldn't find it. You may have to go back to Level 6 to buy them, but does anyone out there know where you could find another super bomb shop

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 09:06 PM
the other super bomb shop is i think the shop that wont open.

Jeffrotull
07-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Ya I have the lens. I was just surprised that the hole made by the super bomb is not permanent.

As far as that powerbomb shop, theres this hint on http://host05.ipowerweb.com/~alphadaw/zc/u3q/index.html that says to look for a powerbomb shop in the big cave. I assumed it was that one that you have to pass through to get to level 8.

I got the mirror shield now but can not find the red ring. There are these three rooms to the left of Ganon that I cant figure out how to get to. Ive been in every other room and used the lens in every room. Maybe its one of those situations like the skeleton key where you have to go back the way you came to find it.

I killed Ganon so maybe I should just call it quits but I would really like that master sword just to see what its like.

Honestly I thought level 9 and especially the secret level were not that difficult, but that wand trick on the darknuts probably made a big difference.

LinkMaster500
07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure if you can get the Master Sword in this quest because by default, you need 21 heart containers (although that rule might be different for this quest), and you cannot get more than 16 in this quest. But maybe there is a way to get it.

Rockies Rookie
07-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks LM500, you have been great. Couldn't ask you to do all that work. Patras are usually not that had, but when there is 4 of them and darknuts to, it takes 7 hearts before I even make it to the other door. WHEW!!! Had it I beleive in a 210 folder with all the games. Also have a 192 file. I'll just look around and find something else. It would have been a good quest. Thanks!!