PDA

View Full Version : Ow, this hurts.

Archibaldo
06-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Okay, my fingers are peeling and it hurts like a mofo. I get it every summer. My mom says it's something like eksema (sp?). I was wondering if any one else had it and what they do about it.

A Clockwork Man
06-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I was bitten by a house-spider a few months ago, and the skin on the back of my hand peeled off for some time. It's more irritating than painful.

Blonde799
06-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Hmm...I was wondering if this (http://www.rxinsider.com/monographs/eczema.htm) was what you're talking about.:shrug:

Archibaldo
06-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Sounds kinda like what I have only I was told I had no allergies. And it's only on my fingers and toes. I went to the pharmacist today and he said it was something like a fungus. It first got really bad when I started to play golf. Im guessing that wearing my golf gloves kept all the moisture in and it caused some irritation. The thing is that it doesn't itch. The pharmacist gave me a cream of some sort that he said should help so Im going to try that.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Playing golf, eh? Were you exposed to a locker room atmosphere? You could have picked up some sort of athlete's foot, which spread to your hands by touching your feet.

Archibaldo
06-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I don't think so, I don't use the locker room there except to wash my hands because of all the peeling.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Hrm.... Is it all over your hands, or just your fingertips? My cousin used to have a hand peeling problem when he was young, but he also had cancer when he was very young, so I'm not sure if the two conditions were somehow related.

Anyway, you probably should see a doctor about this if it's really bothering you. I'm willing to wager that most people on AGN are like me, and aren't exactly medically certified. :p

Archibaldo
06-15-2004, 05:42 PM
It's just on my finger tips. Although the cream I'm using seems to be helping. They arn't very sore yet.

rexlaninetales
06-15-2004, 05:56 PM
It sounds like a similar condition that I have. Psoriasis. The skin loses pigmentation (leukodermia) and begins to peel off. It tends to itch and burn too! I have this problem on my elbows. And I know my elbows aren't touching my feet! XD

rexlaninetales
06-15-2004, 05:58 PM
It sounds like a similar condition that I have. Psoriasis. The skin loses pigmentation (leukodermia) and begins to peel off. It tends to itch and burn too! I have this problem mainly on my scalp, though it affects my elbows too. I use nuetragena for the Psoriasis on my scalp to ease the itchyness.