PDA

View Full Version : Can you make enemies appear by secret?

Xyvol
06-14-2004, 03:09 AM
In other words, can you use a switch or trigger combo and make enemies, such as darknuts, appear for Link to fight. I'm playing with the new version and checking out all the new features (well, new since I last used the program). This idea is sort of similar to the Zelda games where you pull the wrong switch and a bunch on enemies fall on your head. So can it be done?

Espo
06-14-2004, 08:19 AM
what you could do is have the secret trigger pit combos on the whole screen that will warp you to a replica of the room you are in but the new room will have enemies for you to kill. then when you kill them you can use side warps or be tricky with secret tile warps to get back to the rest of the area you are in.

ShadowTiger
06-15-2004, 09:01 AM
If you've ever played Facet of Worlds Latest, and gone into the Earth Temple, you would have seen a screen where if you step into the square area, some Glowy things appear for you to right. No screen warp was used here.

Basically, it hides the enemies under layer 3, looking exactly like the floor. There are unwalkable tiles around the enemy, in which they can't move. (ALSO looks like the floor, .. or.. are regular blocks hidden from view by layer 3, which again, looks like the floor.) So when you step on the area of your choice, you place a trig-Perm there, which changes the floor to regular floors, erasing all unwalkable combos, and also erasing the floors on layer 3 completely. And what does it reveal? Why enemies, of course. :p :D

The only downside to this, is the you can't walk anywhere near where the enemies are, or you'll be able to tell that there's something wrong. This effect can easily be simulated by an insta-warp to an identical screen with the enemies on it, where if you defeat them all, you're warped back to the other screen, with a slight change or something like that. .. Hey, nothing is foolproof. :shrug:

Xyvol
06-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys! I already used Espo's last night. The warping thing actualy worked for me, because there are several other things going on on the screen, and that gets a chance to clear with the warp. I will defanatly keep the layer method in mind as well. You always have good ideas, BH4.