PDA

View Full Version : The Suffering for PS2

biggiy05
06-14-2004, 03:07 AM
How many of you have or have played the suffering for the PS2? Post why you liked or disliked it and your fav or worst part.

biggiy05
06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Doesnt anyone on AGN play on a console system?

Dark Knight
06-21-2004, 02:34 PM
*Notices the double-post*

Yeah, quite a few of us play console games. But none here may have played The Suffering.

*b*
06-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Dark Knight, biggy's double post is OK, since it's more than a week apart

no, I haven't played the suffering. I only got my PS2 because of the FF games for PS and .hack. what's it like?

Dark Knight
06-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Dark Knight, biggy's double post is OK, since it's more than a week apart

oh. Well, it was nothing more then an observation.

and yes, please do tell what The Suffering is like.

*b*
06-21-2004, 05:52 PM
oh, sorry. it just seemed to me like you were rent-a-modding there. apologies

biggiy05
06-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Well if you like the gorey kind of games it is a good game its not 100% you shoot something and SPLAT goes its head against the wall. You gotta have alot of patience in the game and be ready for anything to come out it took me a while to beat it and that was on medium, the story behind it is actually pretty interesting to listen to and it ties in with the game itself rather well. I started to like it more towards the end cuz you encountered every different type of monster/demon/freak of nature whatever you wanna call the things at once, the end its masses of everything coming at you at once. To sum it all up it is basically a fps with strategy and you gotta have some patience in the game be alert, you can make it gorey in different sections depending on if you feel like getting revenge on the drunk correction officers or whoever else is just standing around. I reccomend going out and playing it if you play any type of FPS like UT2K4, Halo, Half life. Overall it is more of a story/puzzle game that adds in the classic shoot anything that moves. I was playing it late nite on fri when i rented it cuz it was due back sat by midnight and i was getting towards teh end of the game and i was playing in pitch blackness with the volume up and the brightness turned down, lets just say it will scare the shit out of you if you arent paying attention and your really tired. I was wide awake after that nice lil screech and seeing the thing on my back trying to stab me.

Dark Knight
06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a great game, though a little reminicent of Resident Evil. I'll probably go buy it then.