PDA

View Full Version : Tile Page Jumping:

ShadowTiger
06-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Would it be difficult to implement a quick feature, where if you are browsing through your tiles And/Or combo page menu, if you would press F, it would prompt you for a number, which upon hitting Enter (Or clicking OK, I suppose.) would jump you straight to that tiles/combo page.. Is that difficult to do? .. It was a question. I don't want to impose anything. But I can think of quite a few people who would really, really want this feature. You'd be surprised. :shrug:

Dark Nation
06-14-2004, 02:45 AM
Should be fairly easy. Assuming I can remember to do so. Just keep reminding me. :)

ShadowTiger
06-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Aww! Thank you! This will be very useful for you as well, assumably when experimenting with Link Tile Mods. I swear, DN, people will want to mail you letters of thanks when they can turn Link into a Likelike to disguise them from enemies upon picking up an amulet of muck.. or something. Zooming from tiles page to tiles page like this will revolutionalize tile operations (a bit.) when working with (finding) the new Link Tile Mods, considering that the way some people's arrangements are, the tiles are spaced VASTLY apart. O_O

.. come to think about it, it would be interesting to have the ability to not only zoom to the page number, but to tile (Combo too) number as well. Thank you very much for this! You won't regret it! O_O

Menokh
06-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Perhaps this should be expanded to the main Zquest editor window as well.
You could fast forward to a certain combo page in the editor instead of having to scroll to it manually. I imagine this would save quite a lot of time as well.

ShadowTiger
07-24-2004, 10:53 PM
It really would. This would benefit the "better" .. or.. "more developed" quests out there the most. Out of every two hours of ZQuesting I do, I spent about 2 full minutes both scrolling up and down the pages, and forgetting what I was doing. That led to a lot of cool things that you would have seen, but were never implemented. :shakeno: Yes, it's really that bad! (Relatively speaking, that is.) DOS is the slowest in scrolling.. Windows does about 10-15 pages a second.

Combo Pages would be a bit more difficult, since directly pressing the buttons would result in changing the screen's Pallete. Perhaps holding in either CTRL or ALT would cause a prompt to come up? .. But.. hey, whatever's easiest on the developers. If it's too hard or time consuming for the developers, it would definitely be better to just have the ZQuesters tough it out. :shrug:

idontknow
07-25-2004, 01:34 PM
BH4, i can't imagine where you ever got such an idea! ;) How come when i suggested something like this, i got ridiculed for it? But anyway, thanks for reiterating & emphasizing something i had in mind as well

ShadowTiger
07-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Heck, you have good intentions, IDK. :) It's really all about helping everyone that I have in mind. This involves the following:

1) Thinking of the Developers. They're human too, you know. Can't keep throwing suggestions their way in the likes that everything we say will get done. This is easily the most important facet. For without them, Zelda Classic is nothing. ;)
2) Who will it help? And what does it do? Your suggestion should be one that is considerate of the game engine. The game engine comes first, then your own personal recommendations. Something which will help everyone, such as this suggestion I have here, * Points to the top of this thread. * WILL help a LOT of people. New enemies and items won't.
3) Remember the Priorities. Fixing bugs comes first. Suggestions, last. You know why. ;)