PDA

View Full Version : *picks up party favor off the floor*

Blonde799
06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
It saddens me to see everyone partying when I'm gone.:p

Anyway, what the heck happened around here? I noticed a lot of things, but it'd be great if someone could summarize the last 4 weeks here for me.:) Anything exciting happen?

ShadowTiger
06-13-2004, 09:35 AM
As far as I know, nothing spectacular has happened. :shrug: (Then again, someone who's been able to monitor the forums nearly every day would say that. :rolleyes: ) Mercy has a great new topic in GB you should read, (Two, actually.) as they will prove both enlightening and interesting to read. (Oh, and she never left. Everyone is very happy about that. :) ) Small bannings, small returnings, .. Other than that, which is it that you've noticed that none of the people who didn't have to move wouldn't notice?

By the way, how was the move? :) I hope it went smoothly for you! ^_^

Blonde799
06-13-2004, 10:17 AM
About as smooth as a spiked floor, littered with corpses.

Long story a bit shorter, My entire apartment was covered 3 inches deep in water. Luckily, unlike one of my neighbors, I wasn't sleeping on the floor when this happened. I wasn't too bummed about that though. What I was bummed about, was that I had to continue living in my apartment for around another week, after everything was said and done. Had to mount everything on foam blocks, and stand the mold and disgusting stench, for about a week and maybe a day or two. This made sleep quite the uphill batlle.

And that's not all. Moving out everything was one of the worst decisions I had to make, considering hardly anyone else would help but my immediate family(brother, sister, and uncle), and I had little money at the time, so many heavy things, so much cleaning to do, and it was all done in about 5 hours(rushed). I needed 4 days to recover, since I straned myself, and my legs, my back, and my arms felt like noodles.

Although, some good came out of this. Now that I moved to a new location, I get anime on demand. Lots of bad came out of it though, like having to pay for laundry, bad electrical, and the lack of any nearby stores, as lack of decent mobility is one of the perks of visual impairment. And I have to deal with this for 3 years. A positive attitude can only do so much.:) Oh, and never depend on anyone else but yourself to make life altering decisions. Long story short, it's my brother's fault.:p

JayeM
06-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Well, at least you have someone to blame it on, that helps a lot. :)