PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Briefing reveals Mario Party 6 tidbit.

KingArthur
06-11-2004, 06:48 AM
In a media briefing in japan on the 9th, Nintendo's President Iwata talked about the state of the industry and how the aptly named "Revolution" will take it in a new direction, he also revealed a tidbit about the Sixth installment of the popular Mario Party series, mentioning that the game will not require a controller.
In the past, there have been people who have felt controllers are hard to deal with and did not play games, but this (game) will seek to appeal to those people. This may mean that the game will make use of a camera similar to Sony's Eyetoy, or even a micorophone. However I have no information as to whether this will be for the Gamecube or the "Revolution", or even possibly for the DS (however unlikely that may be).

LinktheMaster
06-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I heard about this yesterday. I'm curious how it's going to work out. I just hope that it ends up working out correctly. I mean, I don't see how a camera could really be used for this. And, a mic doesn't work well with accents and things like that. =/ I guess we'll have to wait and see.

KingArthur
06-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Maybe it hooks directly into your brain, lol.

Archibaldo
06-13-2004, 09:21 PM
I hope there's gonna be a dance pad involved! That be sweet. I'd be able to get my boogie on! *starts dancing the robot*

KingArthur
06-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh god I hope not, unless they're able to get konami to release some Bemani games on the cube.