PDA

View Full Version : IGN says something VERY interesting for once.

KingArthur
06-11-2004, 06:37 AM
In IGN Gameboy's most recent Mailbag, a person known only as Zoniax revealed that he has heard of a Halo game in developementr for the GBA. IGN's Craig confirmed that, yes there is a Halo game for the GBA being made, and he was sworn not to talk about it, but now that another publication (which was left unnamed) had spoken of it he was free to confirm that the game does infact exist.

http://gameboy.ign.com/mail.html

hmmm... an Old style Duke Nukem type shooter perhaps?

AlexMax
06-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I'll beleive it when I hear official word from the people who are making this. It would, however, be interesting to see how they would do a Halo platformer....unless they were doing something with a 2.5D engine like Doom or Duke3D.

KingArthur
06-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Nah. there hasnt been a REALLY good FPS on the GBA except possibly doom and duke 3d, and even so they werent nearly as good as the PC ones. I'd hate to see a semi decent fps turned into a steamiong pile of crap fps on the GBA.

Grasshopper
06-12-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't know about Halo, but I do recall a couple years ago that Microsoft stated that they'd pe developing games for the GBA. So the possiblity of Microsoft owned franchises falling on the GBA is just about as possible as Rare developing games for it

Pangolin
06-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh, goody, Halo.
*Note sarcasm*
Microsoft working for Nintendo is just a sign that they are trying to undermine Nintendo and buy them. Hope not tho.

King Link
06-13-2004, 01:32 AM
I highly doubt this is even remotely true. A Microsoft (or formerly exclusively Microsoft if this turns out to be true) game on a Nintendo system? Does that make sense?

Still, I don't know what the possibilities of such a thing happening are.

Bloodstar64
06-13-2004, 02:30 AM
EGM reported this in there rumors section as well, so it might just be ture...

Grasshopper
06-13-2004, 11:12 AM
A Microsoft game on a Nintendo system?

I think your letting the fact that Halo being a big Xbox seller cloud your judgement. Microsoft games are on the Gameboy Advance. THQ does the publishing. Handheld games are generally different then the same games you find on the their big brother consoles, so I think exclusivity has nothing to do with it. Some of you don't honestly think its going to be the exact same thing do you...thats not even possible. Anyway, just check out Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=160345) which is an exclusive to Xbox, yet a handheld incarnation has found its way to the Gameboy Advance. Halo could be as reclusive as the Grand Theft Auto that was supposedly coming to the GBA, but unless Microsoft develops their own handheld system, if they want any games to be portable, there is only two choices, Nintendo or Sony. So don't look at it as a Microsoft game coming to Nintendo, that shouldn't even be in question. It's whether they can make an attractive game out of it for handheld. If that doesn't happen, then you may never see Halo on any portable system. :tongue:

King Link
06-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Note the last sentence of my post. I don't know the possibilities of such a thing happening because I don't know the specifics of the game and its deals between Bungie and Microsoft. It could be quite possible that Bungie could develop another Halo game for a Nintendo system.

Perhaps the possibility is more likely than it sounds at first.

Feasul
06-13-2004, 09:55 PM
All I know is that when EGM was describing some new units in Halo 2, they drew them in GBA style graphics. Someone probably misinterpreted this to mean that Halo was coming to GBA.

King
06-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Blah, more IGN rumours. If only things worked the way they do in Persona 2...

Zaggarum
06-22-2004, 01:53 AM
i believe it. If oddworld can get on GBA, so can halo. halo...kick ass :drool:

Daarkseid
06-22-2004, 07:27 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/18/news_6100959.html

Grasshopper
06-22-2004, 10:45 AM
I saw that a while ago, but who said it was "very unlikely," for there to a collaboration between Microsoft and Nintendo? Was it Bungi or Gamespot? They're a bunch of goofballs. :rolleyes: THQ has already published Oddworld and Sabre Wulf, and Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge. Rare is still making a few games for the GBA, but their still owned by Microsoft. Meh, its all confusing. I figure the "real" reason it isn't going to be made is because it would suck miserably. :tongue: Thats always the best reason to bow out.

KingArthur
06-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah.. THQ has a deal goin on where they make GBA versions of Xbox games.

Zaggarum
06-23-2004, 01:13 AM
then its probably gonna happen. But you know its gonna probably suck.