PDA

View Full Version : Question about bombable walls

mjctraider
06-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I am trying to have Link use super bombs to bomb a wall so he can get through to another room in a dungeon. I tested my quest and used the super bomb on the bombable wall it worked, but there instead of the blown up wall showing up there were two blank tiles instead. Also I walked through the bombed wall and then went back to the previous room were the wall was sealed up again.

I thought I had the flgas set up right so that instead of two blank tiles appearing after the wall was blown up that the hole would appear so Link could walk through it, so what did I do wrong? And what do I need to do so that when a wall is blown up using a super bomb it is permanenant and does not go back to a sealed up wall?

Freedom
06-10-2004, 04:19 PM
in dungeon dmaps triggers are temp, in cave dmaps they are perm.

to get it to work in the dungeon dmap, set it up like this.....
on layer 0 where you place your bomb flag have a perm trigger combo in the bombslot and the combo next to where you place your flag for the door opening (2 combos wide)
on layer 1 have the wall combos that look like a bomb hole appear from secret combos when the bomb triggers on layer 0, these will hide the perm triggers on layer 0.
when link walks through he will step on the perm trigger and they will then stay that way.
for the top of the doorway, place those combos on layer 3

mjctraider
06-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok I'm still having problems. I knew about the layer 3 and putting the correct tiles so it made it looked like he was walking underneath them. However, I'm still having problems making the hole stay and not go back to the wall. So I'm curious to know if I have to have the area of the wall Link will bomb as a secret combo on layer 0 or layer 1?

I am also having a problem where Link blows the hole open, but Link cannot even go through the hole. I check to make sure the tiles are walkable and they are so what am I doing wrong?

Edit:
Well I fixed the second problem I had the wall as a wall instead of bombable for the door type. I though I solved the first problem, but you can bomb the wall with both super and regular bombs, so I have no idea what to do to get it to work, very frustrating.

I think the problem with being able to use both bombs on the wall has to do with the door type on the wall, but maybe I am wrong.

Freedom
06-10-2004, 07:53 PM
it will work if you do it like I said above.
paint the wall in, don't use a door combo, place the door combo to wall and then just paint in over it.

better yet, put nothing there on layer 0 and put the wall on layer 1 and then replace it with secret combos, it being on layer 1 will hide the fact there is nothing there on layer 0, then still set it up like I said above with the perm trigger on layer 0 and the bombed wall hole on layer 1

if you look in secret combos at the bomb there is 2 slots, the first is regular bomb, the second is super bomb, put the perm trigger combo on the second if you want only a super bomb to trigger it.

so do it like this.....
on layer 0 secret combos, put the perm trigger in the right square of the 2 bomb combo squares, nothing in the left one, and put a perm trigger in secret combo 16, then place the super bomb flag and flag 16 on the wall

on layer 1 secret combos put the left door hole in 16 and the right door hole in 17 flag positions, and place those flags on the wall where the bomb hole goes, you're done.

mjctraider
06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Well I've done everything you said and followed the instructions and it works, but the wall goes back to normal. So my last question before I give up and do something else with this blasted wall. Do the perm trigger in the right bomb combo and perm trigger in secret flag 16 combo have to be the same?

Freedom
06-10-2004, 08:49 PM
how can it go back if there is nothing there to go back to?

there are combos called trigger temp amd trigger perm, are you sure you are using the trigger perm combo?
when link steps on it, it makes the trigger stay there, these have to be on layer 0 to work.

You would save yourself a lot of trouble using cave dmaps, that's all I use for the most part, but you would then have to learn how to do your set-ups manually, which is a good thing anyway.

mjctraider
06-10-2004, 08:59 PM
They are trigger perms, but I've given up on it and decided to do something else, just way to frustrating. And yes the trigger perms were on layer 0.