PDA

View Full Version : Retail Mix-Up

sagelink
06-09-2004, 08:17 AM
I recently went to my nearby computer store, and had decided to buy a Sapphire Radeon 9800 PRO 128mb in place of my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440. Well, as soon as I open the box when I get home, it had the XT layout. I was like "huh?" and I installed the hardware into my system. As soon as I turn on the computer, the new hardware added was in fact, a Sapphire Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB. How in the hell can something like that get mixed up? Has anyone experienced problems like this (i'm not complaining... i got a better card)?

aces2022
06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Ya i went to get an upgrade for my old computer and they gave me an upgrade that was twice as good as i ordered for alot less money.

Jakq
06-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Retail mix ups... hmmm...
Well one time I preordered something to get the bonus disc and well, my walmart didnt get the bonus disc shipment so i got wind waker for half off.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Well, if products are damaged or returned defective, sometimes the company will surprise you by secretly placing a better model item in the lower model box. My brother got an electric razor one Christmas a few years ago, and inside the normally large box was a smaller box containing the better model and a letter from the company suggesting what I said earlier in this post. I've never heard of something like this happening with computer parts though. I mean, it's a nice gesture but the differences in hardware would make this a difficult thing to do. Sure, someone gets a better card, but what if their system can't take it? Not equipped properly? The best I can figure, your card got mixed up somehow by the store. It wasn't a big store, like Best Buy, was it? That might explain it a little.

goKi
06-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Thats awesome, getting a 9800XT instead of a 9800pro. As for Jakq's mixup, i would not have accepted wind waker for half off if they werent going to include the OOT/MQ bonus disc.