PDA

View Full Version : Linking to lower screen

phattonez
06-09-2004, 02:44 AM
I'm trying to make a warp from screen 75 to one of the 80 screens. I have the warp tile and all the information set up, but it does not take me to the correct screen. I go to a brown screen, move down, and come back to screen 75. Any ideas?

Freedom
06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
one of the 80's screens....
would that be a passageway?
an item room?

the 80's screens are reserved for special functions.
also Link has to enter them at set coordinance, I've noticed that if the ladder is one space off link warps improperly, for example he can step in and right back out and it warps him to the other screen.

phattonez
06-09-2004, 03:19 AM
I'm making it an item room. I'm just confused about when I get there, I only see a brown screen. I move back and it takes me back to screen 75. In the real item room, I haven't created the warp back to screen 75. How does it work if I haven't done it yet?

Espo
06-09-2004, 07:24 AM
it almost sounds like you have it set as a passageway. if you want an item room then you're using screen 80 and not something like say 82. in this brown room does the player appear at the top or bottom when you warp???

phattonez
06-09-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm trying to use screen 80, and I appear at the bottom. The guy and the message string don't appear, and all I see is a brown screen.

ShadowTiger
06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Never link directly to screens 80-81 directly. It's rather pointless, since all you have to do for the room to operate as it should (Assuming that you have that room 80 or 81 set up the way you want it, and isn't a large pile of random combo garbage. o_O - Which is uncomfortably frequent nowadays.) .. is to set up the room TYPE, (Special item is the most common for room 80.) and the item, and you probably don't even have to bother with the Tile Warp (Or side warp) menus, as they automatically know to go to room 80. (Which implies that any time you forget to set the warp coordinates, you're warped to that room 80 anyway.)

Hope that helps. :)

And I don't think that you should specify a guy and string for those. I rarely did. If you REALLY HAVE TO, you should use a separate screen from screen 80. Make a cave Dmap titled "House" or something like that. You can use that Dmap for houses. :)

Alexfrog
06-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Onlu thing I can think of is that you have the tile warp set to go to room 80 of the wrong DMap??

Make sure you are going to the correct room 80, that there is really something there.

phattonez
06-09-2004, 01:22 PM
I have it on the right DMap.

BH4, now I can get to the right room, but the item isn't showing up when I get there. I have the Sp. Item set up but it's not in the room.

Freedom
06-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Alphadawgs tutorial shows how this is done

phattonez
06-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I already checked it and I'm still having the problem. Everyting is set but it doesn't work.

EDIT: I put a message string and guy in the room. I cleaned the room so that there is now more space. For some reason, after I did all this, it worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: Now I have another problem with warping. Whenever I try to warp to a different DMap, it takes me to DMap 1 and the screen I selected for the other DMap. Coincidentely, when I use this warp, the colors are different, like I am in the dungeon, even though I am in the overworld. What does this mean?

EDIT: Nvm, I figured this out too.