PDA

View Full Version : New Job Requirements.. Ugh..

J.J. Maxx
06-08-2004, 08:54 PM
So I started my new job yesterday and so far it's been really great. I have 3 years experience in the business but they needed to make sure I knew what I was doing before they 'cut me loose'. So anyways, I drove with the boss today and I knew more than he did so he's sending me out on my own tomorrow. The problem is that the warehouse and the place I train is like, 2 hours from where I live. At the current price of gas, I'm spending like 10+ bucks a day on gas. :banghead:

I will conjure up some money somehow, but tomorrow is my last day going to the warehouse everyday. They are going to give me my own truck tomorrow and I will load it up with supplies for the week, they will give me a gas card and I'll go. That leaves me with the problem of getting my car, home. *doh*

I just don't have any friends and/or relatives that could help me out in that area so we'll see what happens.

But thats not my main problem. My main problem is that in order for me to work out of my house I need a fax machine or a printer so I can hook up my new modem, download a fax recieving proggie and then print my work orders for the day. I can't start working on my own without one of those two.

I'm lucky if I have 10 bucks for gas let alone benjamins for a printer and/or fax machine. I'm doomed...

__http://www.armageddongames.net/fatcatfan/posticons/rip.gif__
-> ME

Starkist
06-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Check WalMart or whatever East Coast equivalent for a good printer/scanner/fax combo machine, they are not usually very expensive.

Eckels
06-08-2004, 10:28 PM
I bought a Lexmark Printrio for 50$ at target. It's a scanner, copier, printer, fax. They might still have em for that price. It wasn't a sale.

J.J. Maxx
06-08-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm still wating for the obligatory 'I have an extra one here, I could send it to you!' post...

C'mon people, get with the program. ;)

moocow
06-08-2004, 11:33 PM
My dad just had to buy one for work. I'd send it to you, but he'd probably kick my ass.

Dark Nation
06-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Try www.freecycle.org. Basically people giving away stuff. My friend got a 19" monitor from there. All he had to do was pick it up. :)
Good luck in your new job, man.

Drunken Tiger
06-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Hey dude.. ummm ... how much are they anyways.. im feeling generous.. so if its not too expensive.. you could buy on credit and ill send you a cheque... ;)

You friendly neighborhood DT

J.J. Maxx
06-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey dude.. ummm ... how much are they anyways.. im feeling generous.. so if its not too expensive.. you could buy on credit and ill send you a cheque... ;)

You friendly neighborhood DT

I dunno. I'm sure some scouring of the internet nooks would locate something cheap. Maybe Ebay too. Maybe I should make a contest to see who can find the cheapest printer. ;)

plith
06-10-2004, 09:11 AM
I have one here at home. I don't plan on giving it to you. I'm keeping it all for my selfish self. No printer/scanner/copier/fax for you!

j00lz
06-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I have a new scanner, printer, fax, it was only like 80 bucks at sam's club, when my brother went to college, we got him one, than we at home needed a new one, so we just got the same type.

J.J. Maxx
04-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Well folks, just as my dating, engagement, marraige, struggles, kids, financial problems have all been spent here, I got fired from my job today. On April 6th, I filed a sexual harrassment complaint with my boss. Yesterday they performed a first-ever spot van inspection, found my oil to be low and terminated me for abusing company property.

Welcome to the endless pit of failure known as my life...

AtmaWeapon
04-10-2005, 02:04 AM
J.J. that sucks balls. My uncle is in the same position; he filed suit against his insurance company two weeks before he got set up. He was supposed to clean the motor room (he worked on an oil rig), and his supervisor told him to not do it until the end of the shift. A barge came in and he was responsible for watching over those. This lasted until after the shift ended, and he was promptly fired for failing to clean the motor room.

You remind me a lot of him and I hate to see bad stuff happen to nice guys. Keep your head up, though. What goes around comes around and you definitely generate a lot of positive karma.

It just takes longer for good to be rewarded than bad punished :(

Glitch
04-10-2005, 02:42 AM
JJ, that seriously sucks man. Everyone I have talked to has had a very very rough winter. This seemed to be a bad year for everyone. But trust me on this one thing....

Better days are in the future! Never give up, this could actually be a sign to find a job you actually enjoy.

AlexMax
04-10-2005, 03:31 AM
What a douchebag.

theplustwo
04-10-2005, 04:13 AM
A similar thing happened to my uncle. His boss changed the requirements for his job after he had been working there for several years so that all employees must have a four year degree (he only has an AS).

So he fell below the requirements while on the job and was eventually fired, despite the fact that he help develop new cost saving production processes (it was a plastics production plant).

Now he's running his own engraving and construction companies, and he gets to spend more time with his family, so he's happy. I hope everything turns out all right for you too, JJ! :)

J.J. Maxx
04-10-2005, 10:44 AM
We'll see what happens when I talk to my lawyer on Monday.

Glitch
04-10-2005, 02:30 PM

If you can prove that you were singled out because you filled that sexual harassment claim then you will get a damn good settlement.

DsS Game
04-14-2005, 01:42 AM
so what happened JJ?

EWild
04-14-2005, 06:34 AM

I was gonna say that. Try and see if you can get a case against him.

BTW, it's shitty about all your bad luck JJ, hope your karma comes around soon!