PDA

View Full Version : Max Drive Pro and its concerns with ZC

DarkFlameWolf
06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Has anyone heard of this for the Gamecube? Its a external drive thingy that can be inserted into the Gamecube and can take externally made self-executable files and have Gamecube run them. So technically you could have SNES, Genesis Emulators and their respective ROM games be run on the Gamecube using a specifically coded program for the system. So likewise, I was wondering if it would be possible to create or modify ZC (the latest version when its finally released, like 2.0 or something) to run with the Max Drive Pro on the Gamecube? Because this would finally be a way to port one's own ZC quests to their Gamecube console and play it on the big screen. Just a thought.

Link: http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=£&r=1&l=1&p=7&i=7517&s=8
Link for Max Drive Pro: http://uk.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?l=1&r=1&c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=£&ProdID=297

gdorf
06-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Yeah I think this is a great idea.. that can be added to the many other great ideas already out there. Why not just get a tv-out for your computer?

It'd be cool, yes, but I don't see the demand being high enough.

fatcatfan
06-08-2004, 07:12 PM
well... yes, except that Allegro doesn't support the Gamecube, so it would be a non-trivial port. However, I think this is an awesome device and I'm glad you pointed it out to me.

Rydia
06-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I wish it could be done. I have wanted to play ZC on my GameCube since I first knew about ZC. :(

DarkFlameWolf
06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
non-trivial. So it would be quite a big port then. But only for sound issues then?

fatcatfan
06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
no, Allegro is intertwined with much of the graphics, timing, and file i/o code as well as the sound...

DarkFlameWolf
06-08-2004, 10:57 PM
ah, so it would be a full-blown port project then. Just curious though, FCF, how much $ would you be willing to do it for? (not saying that I would do it, but I would like an estimate) ;)

fatcatfan
06-08-2004, 11:37 PM
You'd have to be able to employ me fulltime for however long it took to get done. And I have an Engineering degree and an EIT certificate so my time isn't cheap. :p Otherwise it won't happen, at least not by me. Honestly, that's the only way I'd find the time the way my life has been lately. It wouldn't hurt to have some official Gamecube development tools too, cause so far the homebrewn libraries lack a lot.