PDA

View Full Version : Quest Database is Open.

Eckels
06-07-2004, 06:56 PM
The Quest Database is now open! (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/qdb.php)

Now before you go running over to check it out, let me tell you about a few of the new features of this Quest Database.

This database is sortable in almost any way imaginable. You can sort the database alphabetically, by Quest Name, Quest Author, Tileset, or ZC Version. You can sort it chronologically by when the quests were added to the Database, or by when they were last updated. And of course, you can sort it by the ratings that the quests have received from users. All you have to do to sort the database in any of these ways, is to click on word at the top of the column.

Any column can be sorted in either ascending order or descending order. To change the order of the sort, click on the column header again, and you'll see the direction of the small white arrow change, to indicate the different direction.

You can also sort the database by Tileset, Version, or the Letter the Quest Name starts with. To view all quests that use a certain tileset, simply click on the name of the tileset in the table, and the page will refresh to display only quests that use that tileset. The same principle goes for ZC Versions. To display Quests that start with a particular letter, click the desired letter in the bar at the top of the Table.

You can also search the database by using the form at the bottom of the Main listing page, or by using the Search Page. You can search any of the following fields: Quest Name, Quest Author, Story, Description, Credits, or all at once.

The Pool

There's a brand new way to find new quests to play, and it's called The Pool. You'll have to experience it yourself to know what it's all about.

Low Bandidth Pool (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/thepool.php?bw=sm)
Medium Bandidth Pool (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/thepool.php?bw=md)
High Bandidth Pool (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/thepool.php)

I've put a lot (LOT) of work into this QDB, and I believe it to be the best and most useful Quest Database ever constructed. I hope you find it helpful in finding new quests to play.

For now, we're starting out with just under 90 Quests, but Jayem is adding old ones at a rate of about 15 a day. In no time we'll be up and at full throttle.
If you're interested in having an existing quest added, please visit This Thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80784)

Enjoy!

fatcatfan
06-07-2004, 07:07 PM
you are the man, Eckels.

Jigglysaint
06-07-2004, 07:15 PM
I would have more to upload besides My Shady Oaks quest, but currently they aren't for public release. I'm also not as good a quest maker as others.

All I can say is Great Job! Looking at all those screenshots has given me a feeling of nostalga, not just for the first quest, but for quests like Fantasy Hyrule and Demo Quest. It feels so good, it's like it feels like Christmastime.

Orion
06-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Is it possible to edit submissions that are already in there? The Return to Dreaming Isle tileset says new1st instead of LTTP. It's cool to see it in there though, I lost that quest some time ago :D.

Great job Eckels.

vegeta1215
06-08-2004, 12:45 AM
you are the man, Eckels.

Seconded. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to add PM and Mottzilla's new ZC version 1.00 for Windows to the download section!

Eckels
06-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Is it possible to edit submissions that are already in there? The Return to Dreaming Isle tileset says new1st instead of LTTP. It's cool to see it in there though, I lost that quest some time ago :D.

Great job Eckels.

yes of course. today or tomorrow i'll start a thread asking quest makers to go over their entries to check for inaccuracies.

Petoe
06-08-2004, 12:22 PM
I have nothing useful to say, but anyways...

Yeah! Quest databases cannot get any better than that! :thumbsup:

Breaker
06-08-2004, 12:38 PM
The QDB = Awesome. Makes me want to get reinvolved with ZC.

Eckels
06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Kind of a disappointing opening, i think.

Alexfrog
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Kind of a disappointing opening, i think.

Meaning what? Not enough quests??

I will add mine as soon as I can get the time to finish it (probably later in the month)

Eckels
06-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Meaning what? Not enough quests??

I will add mine as soon as I can get the time to finish it (probably later in the month)

Meaning, public response.

DarkFlameWolf
06-09-2004, 09:05 PM
YAY! Go Eckels! Rock on! :D

Dark881288
06-09-2004, 09:26 PM
So ****ing great eckels! I would love to help out cause I got a few old quests in my disk...

Phantom Menace
06-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Wow! This new QDB is most Eck-cellent! ;) I love the pool, too. Cool idea.

Freedom
06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
yep awesome job Eckels, I'll ask God to set aside a special mansion just for you.
:)

elise
06-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Just :clap::clap::clap: applauding you

Cloral
06-10-2004, 05:03 PM
The pool is great. Its fun to just drift the cursor around and see what pops up.
Just so you know, you sometimes get the same quest multiple times in one pool. Was this intended?

Eckels
06-10-2004, 05:13 PM
not intended, but I didnt do anything to prevent it from happening. I didnt really see a reason to.

Basically all the pool does, is take random screenshots out of the database of screenshots. every refresh is different. Since there's something like 400 screenshots in the database right now, it's pretty random. On one refresh, you may have all four screenshots from a particular quest. on the next, you may have none. I like it random.

It's also somewhat of an encouragement for people to submit more interesting screenshots, IMO.
Since, by scrolling through screenshots alone, you'll obviously be selecting a quest on what you see, more people will be drawn to interesting looking shots, than just another shot of a shop. Make sense?