PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Cloral
06-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Not to bug, but I was wondering how alpha 4 is coming along.

fatcatfan
06-07-2004, 02:50 PM
I have fixed the following bugs from the bugs forums:

Another Like-Like Bug
Cursor causes words to disappear in ZQ
Error I did what you wanted me to do
Flashing when hit bug
Invincibility Cheat
After getting Triforce
Deadly key combination
missing cursor
Grabber file select dialog and scaled ZQuest
Garbage files
Missing arrow
My first bug (cave2 combo)
Low hearts beep bug
Typo in enemy list (didn't know where to put)

That's some of it. Unfortunately I've not had time to work on bugfixes lately myself.

Dark Nation
06-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I've been rewriting the file loading routines to remove the last remnants of x86-specific code. Doing this introduced a bug that I've been battling with for a week and finally got fixed. So, hopefully, I can get something to you guys later this week.

Cloral
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Cool. Good to hear.

DarkFlameWolf
06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
now, again, not to nag, but is there a set date or forcasted finished date on when a final 2.0 release will be made? Or do we plan on continuing to add new features?

fatcatfan
06-07-2004, 05:58 PM
No, we aren't adding features at this time. There's just one heckuvalotta bugs to kill. The filesystem rewrite was for Mac support and general portablility.

Dark Nation
06-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Not to mention making the system more sturdy (ie. if your quest is corrupted, you should be able to recover everything except for the corrupted part).

ShadowTiger
06-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Well, that's mighty nice of you fine folks. :) Just remember, you've got all the time that you need. Pressure is rather pointless when you're not being paid. :p :laughing: (Although you guys really should be, considering how much people obviously enjoy ZC. :odd: ) It gives us more time to find bugs too. :rolleyes:

All is well. Thank you for working so hard. :) I'll bet you guys don't hear enough of that.

Jigglysaint
06-08-2004, 12:36 PM
All that matters to me is that I know there are bugfixes being made. Take your time, we don't want any hasty releases.

BYW, reguarding new features, would this be considered after all the bugs are fixed? I remember the idea to have a final version for the public, and a version that toys around with new ideas. What would really be neat is if you could just download new features as a single add on file, instead of having to download the entire thing, but it might not be possible.

Dark Nation
06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
The way that ZC is set up, such a thing would not be possible in most circumstances.

DarkFlameWolf
06-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Well, just thought I'd throw this in there, but I came across the Gleeok neck bug where the Gleeok's necks would be on the far left side of the screen rather than attached to its body. Is that bug still present from 184?

Jigglysaint
06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
I forgot to mention that if you change the amount of maps in the quest, the last map will be deleted. So say you have 2 maps, and map 2 has a few dungeons in it, but you want another few maps. You change the amount, and map 2 is totally deleted.

DarkFlameWolf
06-08-2004, 05:38 PM
o_O good thing I'm still editing with 183. That's an awful bug.

Dark Nation
06-09-2004, 07:27 AM
About the gleeok bug, did you have the gleeok set to enter from sides? Did you have any enemy placement flags on the screen? Can you constantly reproduce this bug?

DarkFlameWolf
06-09-2004, 04:57 PM
No, the flags have always been random, not enter from sides. I've never used enemy placement flags with the Gleeok. And yes, the bug has been reproduced in every quest I've played so far with the Gleeok as a boss in the latest beta.

Freedom
06-09-2004, 10:03 PM
didn't Fatcatfan fix the gleeok neck bug?
I thought I remembered a post of his saying he squashed it.

fatcatfan
06-10-2004, 01:14 PM
there was some discrepancy. I could download alpha 3 and get the bug, but compile my local copy of the code and it wasn't there. *shrug* I dunno if DN ever resolved that, but I sent him my code so he could compare.

DarkFlameWolf
06-10-2004, 04:29 PM
well, all I know is, the alpha 3 that I downloaded from this very thread, I get the Gleeok neck bug in. So.......