PDA

View Full Version : BS Zelda?

Videodrone
06-05-2004, 12:26 AM
That's the one that you could download the satellite in japan right? The one that had Radical Dreamers too? I ask because i'm looking at a quest someone made called BS Zelda and he says it's a perfect remake of it and it sounds interesting...

Superstrider
06-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Well, there are lots of remakes of the first quest... (It is the easiest to do...) Do you have any more info on it? (Screenshots, Tilesets, etc.)

Eckels
06-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Yes. BS Zelda stans for Bandai Satellaview, and was the japanese version of updated Legend of Zelda. different parts were released at different times (I think monthly). and received via Satellite.

BS Zelda was the first game to be released for the BS-X system, But was never finished. The levels were received in installments, and they had planned to add new levels and enemies. Unforunately that never happened.

The BS Zelda quests that are available for ZC, are basically revamped versions of the original first quest, using BS Zelda graphics.

I hope that answers your question.

VEL
06-05-2004, 12:19 PM
I made a remake of the BS Zelda game awhile ago, it has the same level layouts as the BS Zelda rom. There are 2 versions on my page since the older one doesn't work correctly in newer versions. http://kenoshaonline.com/zelda/bsrmke.htm

Videodrone
06-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey thanks everyone for the info. And thanks VEL for being one step ahead of me since I was just about to ask about a newer BS Zelda for the ZC 192. Speaking of BS, have any of you checked out http://radicaldreamers.sourceforge.net/ ? If you're into Chrono Trigger/Chross it's an interesting BS game whose story was made into Chrono Cross apparently. Maybe you guys know this, but i thought i'd mention it since the game is pretty neat.

Videodrone
06-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey VEL, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but it seems the dungeon maps don't show up in the corner of the screen when you pick one up... Or am i just doing something wrong?

VEL
06-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey VEL, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but it seems the dungeon maps don't show up in the corner of the screen when you pick one up... Or am i just doing something wrong?

That's a bug that I need to fix, there are also some others, but that one is the worst one. Also please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead of double posting as it is against the rules. ;)

Videodrone
06-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Alright. So where is level 9? I can't seem to locate it. I have a feeling it might be at that lone grave across that little river but I can't get there. I understand that in the roms available that Level 9 wasn't accessible, but you managed to put it in your version. Oh, and is it the actual version of level 9 or did you have to use your layout for the dungeon?

VEL
06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Alright. So where is level 9? I can't seem to locate it. I have a feeling it might be at that lone grave across that little river but I can't get there. I understand that in the roms available that Level 9 wasn't accessible, but you managed to put it in your version. Oh, and is it the actual version of level 9 or did you have to use your layout for the dungeon?

The final level is in the cave on the starting screen, the same one the wooden sword was in. The final level was in some versions of the rom, and the one in the quest is as close to the one in the rom as I could make it.