PDA

View Full Version : Color problems

Alexfrog
06-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Ok, I am not having any problem on maps 1 (overworld) and 2 (first dungeon), but all the other ones have really screwed up colors. I imported the palettes from the 'example182' quest that comes with the latest version. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried setting the color of the Dmap on the later dmaps to things other than 1, and no matter what color I set it I get really strange (unusable) colors. Any ideas?

Freedom
06-05-2004, 02:37 AM
you set the colors in Misc colors for the backgrounds, and with the frames you set those by going into tiles and pressing + and - until you get the color you want and loading that.

Alexfrog
06-08-2004, 03:42 AM
Ok I have solved all my color problems except one minor one.

In my caves, my Aquamentus' look a bit wierd. Not unplayably wierd, but somewhat wierd. Dont know why...

Espo
06-08-2004, 07:34 AM
your gonna have to give a little more than wierd. One thing i've noticed about aquamentus and gleeok. if you have a transparent layer above them (say layer 3 or higher) they color as black where those layers hit them. Again though be more specific. what tile set are you using, have you edited any pallettes/csets. what pallette are you using on that dmap? what does wierd mean?

Alexfrog
06-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah I wasnt speciic, I just didnt understand the problem. ;)

The aquamentus looks greyish, with a strange colored border.

The DMap color is the one for caves (0A?)

I guess I was looking for the types of things that could be wrong to make this happen. I imported all my pallettes and csets from the 'example182.qst'

Espo
06-09-2004, 07:21 AM
the only thing i can come up with is that crazy layer thing i mentioned. are you using other layers on this screen???