PDA

View Full Version : TI-83 Calc PEGS game: Remade.

ShadowTiger
06-04-2004, 02:35 PM
(Sorry, I'm typing this in a hurry so I can beat the 9th period bell. >_< )

Amazing. In my Language class, I have this 14 year old kid, who is a freaking genius. We play PEGS on the TI-83 Calculator together, and have beaten all of the levels, and accessed that grand cheat code which lets you traverse all of the levels.

Now, what is Pegs? .. Simple. You're one little .. "Thing," .. trying to place all of the pegs into copies of themselves, which then erase themselves. You can place any peg into a hole to delete it, but square pegs then remove the hole. "Magic" pegs, when pushed into another magic peg, will then let you transform it into any ONE "Other" peg, of your choice.

So where can you find this game? You can find it Here (http://www.s89785877.onlinehome.us/pegs/pegs.html).

I helped to design ALL of the graphics, save for the walls and floors, which I just told him where to get them. My name (BH4) should be in the credits somewhere. :)

.. It's a very challenging game. If you would like any help with any of the levels, feel free to ask here. :)

EDIT: ... INSTRUCTIONS: .. To start playing, CLICK on the playfield, then the arrow keys manuever your little.. odd.. thingy in any direction, and spacebar will select the peg you want when you push a magic peg into another. When a level finishes, just wait for it to load. ;)

Axel
06-04-2004, 06:35 PM
what an addictive game. I finally stopped when I couldn't solve one, that took a while. jeez I've wasted an hour and a half of my life. whatever I'd probably have wasted it anyway :D

KJAZZ
06-05-2004, 01:15 AM
Ah, this game.. lol, I have this game on my calculator, and I forgot where I got stuck at. Knowing the code to skip levels would be helpful, if I have to stop playing for some reason, I can't come back to where I was..even a password feature would be nice..

ShadowTiger
06-05-2004, 09:29 PM
The Level skip cheat is + .. .. :p Simple enough.

I can post solutions if you'd like.

To solve the level with the pit between two embedded triangle pegs, you must push blocks into the second from bottom pit, straight through. The first move is to move around to the bottom side, and push the bottom-most peg one space right. Then move upward, transforming it into a square. Then go immediately left, pushing the block into the pit. Create a path straight through, the push that north block into the pit to the right, then turn one set of black pegs into a square, and push that into the pit just under the one you just filled in. Then turn the last magic pegs on the left into a triangle, and use it to peg the top triangle. Then go back right, and use the squares to fill in the bottom layer, starting from the right, and you can figure it out from there. :)

The level where there's a "grid" in the left side of the screen, with 9 or so triangles, is a rather hard one. But here's the key. ;) Go all the way right, and push the one all the way right down into the next triangle, then move left to push the middle triangle down into the centered/bottom one, then move left and down to push that lower left triangle into the little indentation along the bottom. The go toward the middle row, and push that triangle down into that last triangle you just pushed into the indentation in the wall, then go back 'round upward to push those last two triangles together. (Basically, the motion should be: Walk all the way right, push the rightmost peg down, two left, two down, to left, two down.) Then, you should have one more triangle left over in that area. Push that one right into the group of other triangles, push that other one right into the other one, then push the left sphere upward, move one space right, then go around to maneuver the last sphere into the pit. That's about the hardest level, besides the bit pit in the middle one. ;)

The second to last level, (I.e. the one with a sphere between two magic pegs in the middle.) Is done by first going from the right, --> Bottom, pushing the sphere one square up, to push the right magic peg to the left, turning it into a sphere. Line that up vertically with the leftmost sphere, and work your way upward to push that down, then work with the leftmost triangles, then push the right triangle into the pit, and you can figure it out from there.

KJAZZ
06-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Ah, thanks for the help. I just found out that I had actually gotten to the last level but couldn't beat it, lol.. Is the + supposed to work in the Calculator version, or just the one you linked to? Because it doesn't work in the TI version. :shrug:

AlexMax
06-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Ah, the joy of TI-83+ calculator games. Kept me sane through Algebra II and Algebra III/Trig

EDIT: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4810/27642.gif

ShadowTiger
06-07-2004, 07:45 AM
I find that Galaxian is the BEST game that you can get. But I'd best start a new topic here for it, considering the content I could boast about. ;)

... But until that happens, .. someone try to beat my score of 59,992. :thumbsup: