PDA

View Full Version : Too much pressure?

phattonez
06-03-2004, 03:08 PM
A boy in the spelling bee fainted while spelling his word.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040603/ap_on_re_us/spelling_bee_14

To me, it sounds like there was too much pressure put on him. I remember when I went to one of those, lost, and just sat down. The amazing thing is though, he spelled it correctly once he woke up! :odd: Was there just too much pressure on him or was he just thinking too hard?

Ganon's Minion
06-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Pressure Smessure. He was just having a nice case of stage-fright. Although, if he knew how to spell the word, I'm surprised he didn't just........spell it. ^_^

ShadowTiger
06-03-2004, 04:37 PM
whatever[/i]colorthatis]Pressure Smessure. He was just having a nice case of stage-fright. Although, if he knew how to spell the word, I'm surprised he didn't just........spell it. ^_^Pressure can do that to you! o_o .. If you rarely experience pressure like that, you would say something like that, GM. :shrug: I experience pressure like that a lot, but it takes discipline, or willpower to remain standing. .. Perhaps focus. And if you're trying to think, that can often override your focus, willpower, or discipline.

Hey, at least he got it right. :p

Archibaldo
06-03-2004, 06:51 PM
In my grade four class a girl was giving her speech to the class and then she fainted. Apperently more people are afraid of public speaking than death.

Samson007
06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Hmmm, maybe pressure probably got to him, cause if he was already in a big spelling bee, then he must have been used to the people before hand.

goKi
06-03-2004, 10:12 PM
He cheated :o. While he collapsed, a dictionary handy parent or school teacher rushed the word to him as he 'woke up'. DISQUALIFY HIM!!!!1

slothman
06-03-2004, 11:40 PM
What was the word? Anything I would know? Most times when I see these bees and ants I've never heard of half the words. Sphqddfgilagceolgy. What is the derivation of that. Ancient Klingon? Post future Tolkien? I just use a dictionary and get all the words right. If you saw what I was typing today without all the corrections you would piss in your trousers. "zzzzz"

moocow
06-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Public speaking doesn't bother me. I mean, I get nervous and scared that I'll fuck up, and I shake a little when I do my speech, but it really doesn't bother me much.

phattonez
06-04-2004, 12:14 AM
The guy who fainted ended up getting 2nd place. The person who got 1st may have well suffacated. He was talking like Stevie from Malcom in the Middle, A *breath* l *breath* etc. All of this endurance shows why the spelling bee should be on ESPN? Since when is the spelling bee a sport?

slef
06-04-2004, 12:33 AM
little kids cant do much more than think, ever watch them try to play soccer or baseball? its really sad. so people turn to spelling as a substitue

Riku
06-04-2004, 08:50 PM
I saw it, and by the looks of it he had a extremely bad case of good 'ol stage-fright. His eyes were growing big then small then big then small. But he spelled it right.