PDA

View Full Version : Shop help

Geokim
06-03-2004, 03:22 AM
How do you put music in a shop. I tried using a dmap to send me to sreen 80 but it sent me to screen 80 without music. Then I tried to create a new map and dmap but when it sends me there the guy and the shop arent there.

Espo
06-03-2004, 07:24 AM
you need to creat a new room on a screen other than 80. 80 is sorta like the default catchall cave/item room. so your dmap idea was correct but use a screen that isn't on the bottom row (YX, Y<8).

Geokim
06-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I tried that but the guy and the items did not show up.

What do you set as the tilewarp because cave/item room sends you to screen 80 no matter what and everything else sends you to where you want to be but the guy and the shop is not there. do you set the room type on the actual shop screen or on the screen where you enter the shop. does the shop have to be on a certain map. Someone please help me because im about to go insane trying to figure this out.

Freedom
06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
you have to use a level number on the dmap and set the guy and string on that screen.
fill out the shops dmap completely, including the level # and MAP # it is on

warping to a dmap
from the overworld- level 0 overworld to a shop on map 5 given the level number 10 set enterence exit warp, the shop dmap, and screen number using tile warp

to get out of the shop and back to the overworld set enterance exit warp, dmap- overworld, and screen number, REMEMBER to set the side warp direction indicator by clicking on it, if he exits a door at the bottom click the bottom one.