PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Halo vs. PC Halo

slef
06-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Everyone has played the game, most people love the game. When the PC version was released I thought 'hey itll be just as good or better.' So I went and bought it. In some areas the PC version is better, but in others it sucks all to hell.

PC version has worse graphics. Much worse. On xbox it looks like its real, on PC it looks like some little kid went and blured all the lines or something, its not really all that bad but it takes the realistic feeling out of it. Also, on PC the game jerks a lot, even when you play the campaign mode it acts like theres lag sometimes, at least for me. On the brighter side, it is much easier to play against people, you dont have to go and find a bunch of xboxs to have a 16 player game. you just get on the internet and join. so much simpler. but then some games have horrible lag. Imagine having a rocket launcher and seeing a warthog come at you. you think 'im gonna kill that thing with this here rocket launcher.' all of a sudden the game lags for a second and the warthog jerks into you and you die, because of the stupid lag. theres so much lag in some games its impossible to play.

So each one has its pros and cons. What do you think?

AlexMax
06-03-2004, 07:55 PM
It's give and take. The PC port was a horrible job by Gearbox, and they had no fucking idea what they were doing. On the other hand, there are always multiplayer games avalable, and the new levels do kick ass, plus CE adds support for custom levels. Unfortuniatly, it doesn't support server-side downloading or an easy way to search for the correct map (i.e. GETWAD for Doom)

The Xbox version doesn't have near as much content, but it's still tons of fun and has none of the faggotry issues that the PC has. And it's still the ultimate dormitory game.

I have both, and I recently uninstalled Halo PC and Halo PC CE to make room for a Linux partition, if that says anything.

KingArthur
06-06-2004, 05:17 AM
I'd have to say the PC version, even though its sad when you screw up on a PC port of a game that was ORIGINALLY developed for the PC, onlime multiplayer is the only REASON for me to play a pure FPS.

TedHead
06-07-2004, 07:56 PM
I don't get any of these problems that you are talking about with the PC version...

Campaign is super laggy for me, but multiplayer is the fastest loading and working FPS I have on my computer, even more than older games like UT99. I never have lag in it and I connect to maps instantly.