PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Snake Dungeon!

Videodrone
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
I can't figure out how to get passed the Snake Dungeon (level 4) in the most recent version of ZC (custom quest). I need the stepladder, but i need the big key to get it. The room above it is full of water with some sort of stone building in the middle... what do i do?! :D

Videodrone
06-02-2004, 07:34 PM
So... no one has played through the original game?

vegeta1215
06-02-2004, 10:16 PM
If you are indeed talking about the original Legend of Zelda, to get the stepladder in level 4 of the first quest, from the entrance, go:

Up, up, left, up, up, right, right. The room you end up in has a few like-likes, bots, and bubbles. After you defeat the enemies (you can't defeat bubbles btw) push one of the blocks to reveal a passage where you can get the stepladder.

btw, there are no big keys in the original Zelda quests, just regular ones.

Videodrone
06-02-2004, 10:26 PM
There are in the latest version of Zelda Classic... the custom first quest uses Big Keys (sprite taken directly from Zelda3). I need a big key to get into that room with the enemies to kill to get to the stepladder. I should have made my message clearer that it's the Original Zelda Quest with the new custom graphics and added items.

vegeta1215
06-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I had a feeling that's what you meant. I haven't played that one yet.

The same strategies apply in all quests: kill every enemy, push every block, bomb every wall, etc... It helps that the quest your playing, although a little different from the original 1st quest, uses the same maps. Find the map and try going through every room. You'll get it ;)

Videodrone
06-02-2004, 11:45 PM
No luck. I even cheated and used 99 bombs to bomb every wall and moved every block and killed every enemy. I am just lost. :(

Espo
06-03-2004, 07:30 AM
If you are playing the example quest you can open it in ZQuest (it does not require a password) and see what kind of items or secrets need to be used/happen in order to get the ladder. This is the height of cheating but if your truly stuck maybe it'll make you feel better.

vegeta1215
06-03-2004, 11:15 AM
What's the exact name of this quest? I may try playing it and see how I do.

Jigglysaint
06-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Oh, the example quest. I don't think it was ever finished, as it was just an example of what the new ZC can do. You can't get any farther without opening the quest and editing it.

Alexfrog
06-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Thats pretty funny, youre stuck in an unfinished quest and cant figure out what to do, because its not finished, lol!!

Videodrone
06-03-2004, 03:30 PM
I actually did use the cheat and nothing works. I guess the key was never implemented so I just cheated and walked through the walls of the key doors. The odd thing is that all the other dungeons are finished. Maybe you should slap a big key in the 4th dungeon then in the next version somewhere. Also... someone really should make a revamped 2nd and 3rd quested using those nice graphics :D

vegeta1215
06-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Who is the creator of this quest? And what's its specific name?

Exdeath
06-04-2004, 03:23 AM
I can't figure out how to get passed the Snake Dungeon (level 4) in the most recent version of ZC (custom quest). I need the stepladder, but i need the big key to get it. The room above it is full of water with some sort of stone building in the middle... what do i do?! :D

I know what's going on. The key is in the room full of water with the stone building. One of the combos in the stone building is wrong. You are supposed to be able to enter that building and get the key. I had the same problem and figured it out by editing the quest. Hope this helps.

Espo
06-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Bingo. Exdeath just jogged my memory. I actually did open the quest in zquest when i played this cause I'm a lousy cheat and the door in the room he has pointed out has one of its combos unwalkable. Bravo.

Videodrone
06-04-2004, 03:39 PM
I actually thought about going into the editor and messing with it... I guess i'll go give that a shot now.