PDA

View Full Version : Who plays the guitar?

sagelink
06-02-2004, 05:29 PM
I just have ta know this. If you do, list what kind of guitar, model, and whether or not you use an amp.

Mines ok. I have a Squire Fender Limited Edition Stratocaster w/ chrome mirror pickguard. I use a 100watt amp, and I also have an acoustic.

Dechipher
06-02-2004, 05:35 PM
I have a Johnson Acoustic guitar, a black Hamer Slammer Electric, and a yellow Samick Malibu. The Samick is my newest, and it's in Standard E. My Acoustic is in Standard D and my Hamer is, get this, in B. I put a bass string on it, and now it goes ultra low. I have a Peavey 15 watt practice amp, but I'm saving up for a Fender FM 100w amp.

Ich
06-02-2004, 06:07 PM
I have a Yamaha acoustic. I'm not too serious about it, but it's something I enjoy.

VEL
06-02-2004, 06:11 PM
I play the guitar, I haven't for awhile though. I have 3 guitars, I don't know what brands they are, 2 are electric, I think they each cost under $100, and an acoustic that I got at a rummage sale for $5. I also have 2 amps, but I don't know who made them. I bought most of my stuff used. I wrote a bunch of songs in the past and recorded some demo tapes, and they where pretty popular with some people around here, I've heard that they got played at some parties.

rexlaninetales
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
I have a guitar, but I don't play it...Though my boyfriend does. But I do play and compose music on my piano and my Yamaha DGX-200 keyboard.
BTW-does playing a guitar in my midi composer count? Just kidding.

AtmaWeapon
06-02-2004, 07:18 PM
I once wanted to play the guitar, and even had the money for the lessons, but then I figured if I didn't have the time to practice piano I probably wouldn't have time to practice guitar.

[Harvest Moon Inside Joke Area]
Why, here's my schedule every day, see if YOU could fit guitar into this:
Wake up at 3:00AM Go grab some plants from the ground and eat one for breakfast Catch a fish and arrive at bar ~5AM. Fill feed bins and if finished before 5:30 talk/nuzzle Thor the bull (he's closest to the door Hot-foot it to the house so I'm there when Celia and Cecil wake up at 6 Talk/nuzzle Error and Lois the cow, talk/nuzzle/milk Bessie the cow. If weather is good move animals outside. Water crops and fertilize. Ride giddy the ungrateful to fish until noon Check on chickens and retrieve eggs Water crops a second time Take care of cows again Catch 2 fish and make it home by 7:30 to play with Cecil Give Celia a flower Go to bed at 9PM.

See, the fish are necessary because my good-for-nothing cows aren't giving much milk and fish sell for lots, so I really don't have time for playing the guitar.[/Harvest Moon Inside Joke Area]

*EDIT* I'm sorry to people who don't get the joke. There are people that participated in a GGD thread a while back that I know will get it. I'm sorry it makes people who don't get it angry, I have redone this post to make it obvious where the serious and not-serious parts are.

Samson007
06-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I tried to learn how to play the guitar a while ago, but gave up after a while, and not just because my fingers were getting raw. ;)

Eckels
06-02-2004, 07:22 PM
atma, you are trying far too hard to appear insane. it just comes off as making you seem lame, please stop.

I play guitar. Mostly accoustic. I own an electric but i dont enjoy playing it much. I dont like the noise.
I own three accoustic guitars, and electric accoustic, an electric guitar, and a four string bass.

My current passion is the bass.

AtmaWeapon
06-02-2004, 07:27 PM
OK I fixed the post but I was really serious. I played piano for 4 years and loved it, I really like playing instruments. But when high school and employment hit I just didn't have an hour to spend playing, not to mention the piano was in the noisy family room. Any instrument requires practice, and if I'm not mistaken, the guitar requires a good bit more love than the piano does.

Right now I have the choice: video games or instruments. I love both, but only one can fit in my pocket and be played at 3AM without waking my friends. I'm committed.

linkofzelda1
06-02-2004, 07:47 PM
I have a Standard American Strat with a white pickguard and a full 3-color sunburst body. My amp (if I remember correctly; I mix it up with my bass amp) is a 65 watt Fender Cyber-Deluxe. I'm currently looking to ditch my Strat and buy some sort of Ibanez. I love those.

MANDRAG GANON
06-02-2004, 08:45 PM
I play...some Acoustic guitar and a Fender somethign I dunno. My dad has a les paul....I'm not very good at guitar tho heh.

vegeta1215
06-02-2004, 10:34 PM
My pride and joy is an Ibanez RG350 DX.

Description: white with a pearl pick guard, black hardware, and shark teeth inlays on a rosewood finger board.
Gear: humbucking pickups in the bridge and neck positions and a single coil in the middle, plus a double locking Floyd Rose II tremolo.

I play though a Marshall Valvestate 100H with a Marshall 1960 Super Lead 4 x 12 cabinet. I use monster cables and Boss effects pedals. (I have a Boss Distortion, Super Chorus, and Flanger) My first electric guitar, which I still have, is an Affinity Squier that is red with a white pickguard.

EDIT: Here's a Ibanez page for my guitar: http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350DX

Naked Jim
06-02-2004, 10:44 PM
I have a Fender standard bass. Its like a metalic blue green. i love it i use to play guitar but then i switched to bass i like it a lot more.

Riku
06-02-2004, 11:29 PM
I like to play even though i'm no good. When I do play its on my friends strat, or ibanez.

Rammstein
06-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Yes I play guitar. The last song i played is Iron Maiden - The crusade.. both guitars, very easy to play :D

I also recorded myself playing some korn, rammstein and system of a down, kitty.. :P

Strider1982
06-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I've got a Martin DC-1E acoustic/electric guitar. I got a rather good deal on it from the Musician's Friend website. Instead of paying the $1500 it usually would cost retail, I paid only $900 for the guitar and case.

I also play the mandolin, dulcimer, irish whistle, piano, and percussion.

gdorf
06-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I've been playing the bass for a few years now. I play for the church (very good musical experience) and I often play with friends. I can play a few tunes on the guitar, but the bass is my true passion.

While on the topic of guitars, does anyone know how to hook up my bass to my soundcard to do a little recording? I have a creative audigy zs, I am just curious if I can plug myself in to the card and hit record (logic says no: as I have tried and failed). Do I need a preamp? If so, how much do you think it will run me?

Michael Moore
06-03-2004, 09:26 PM
I have a steel string acoustic guitar, so far I can play "come as you are" and "Smells like teen spirit" by Nirvana.

sagelink
06-03-2004, 09:39 PM
I have never attempted to record to my computer, so I'm not sure. My band has a small recording studio in my friends den room, so we use the equipment there.

slothman
06-03-2004, 11:44 PM
To give a different fact, no I never played the guitar before. I've played KB, of course not with skill. And drums. Even the jugs. But no guitar. I'll leave that up to people who know what they are doing.