PDA

View Full Version : What's your GB Attitude?

ShadowTiger
06-01-2004, 02:35 PM
This thread is not intended for use inside General Bitching. I placed this here for fear that all responses in GB itself would be directed toward me in the form of flames. Believe me, it was more likely than you could ever imagine, and you know it. :p

Alright. General Bitching. Many people fear it, many people revere it, and a few of us just take it as any other forum; a place for analysis and improvement. I would hate to flame someone just to make them feel down. Even if it IS GB, it's still the same individual flaming someone than outside of GB.

So I would like to take a choice-less poll, if it's alright with you. What is your attitude in GB? Would you mindlessly flame people inside? Would you read the situation over and provide a potential solution which could benefit the thread creator? Or would you attempt to 'make reality apparent' to the individual.

1) For example, Breaker is a prime candidate. I have A LOT of respect for Breaker, contrary to stereotypical belief. I don't know what AGN would be like without him, and I don't want to think about it. If you've ever been flamed by Breaker, if you took a second to step back and read exactly what it is which he's typed, you would quickly see that YOU are the one who has made a mistake of some sort, which Breaker then takes it upon himself to fix, and show you the light. (Sometimes. :p ) I have a lot of respect for him for being able to analyze situations like that, and decipher them. Here's a quote from Alexmax from This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80626) thread which should be a useful backup. Thanks, man. :highfive:

Here's a few things I've noticed over the time I've been here: First, some non-sequitors...

* Breaker covers his ass. He may piss you off, but he always has an explination, always something that either can eventually convince you that you're wrong, or make you look like a fucking dipshit. It's really hard to dislike someone if they always seems to be right. So really, it's useless to try and argue with him.

2) So, seeing that, you have seen one possible GB Attitude. Another attitude you could have, is that of plith's. Here's a quote from This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80588) thread. (With certain words asterick'ed out, of course.)
Sorry. I've already got you squared away in the "Dumbf*ck" category with just about everyone else. It's really not all that bad. They let you play with Jell-O (R) and stuffed animals.

I mean, really. To call yourself morbid right after bitching about certain persons sucking up to other certain persons... Meh. Here's to hoping you never meet very many real f*cked-in-the-head people. So essentially, plith is bringing a humorous, yet similarly mocking attitude toward the thread, but seems to only be "confirming" the potential stupidity of the individual(s) in question, yet brings nothing further which "helps" (According to your definition of helps.) the thread.

3) Or, you could have an attitude of helpfulness. Here's an example (of mine) to show you, from The Same Thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80626). ... Well.. Just read it for yourselves (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=943131&postcount=7). :p :rolleyes: *Assumes you've read it.* So, as you can see, the individual referred to has flamed nobody, and has attempted to bring a form of compassion to the thread creator, offering support instead of flaming.

.. And need I mention, that I'm not the individual you should be speaking to or about? Consider this a poll, not something to respond to. Thanks. ;)

Eckels
06-01-2004, 05:14 PM
If you're an idiot, I'll tell you that you're an idiot.

That's pretty much my GB philosophy.

How i tell you you're an idiot, depends on how much of an idiot you are. If you're a somewhat creative idiot... I'll be somewhat creative in my reply. If you're a complete idiot, i probably won't even bother. Someone else can pick up the slack.

On that same note, I never mindlessly flame. There's no point.

Dechipher
06-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Too many people think "Oh, this is GB, I HAVE to flame", so they throw in some half-assed attempt at a flame that shouldn't even be written, let alone read. It's that general attitude that degrades GB into a cesspool of stupidity. If it weren't for Mercy, that place would have gone down quite a while ago. Indeed, we are lucky to have a moderator such as that who can make you feel like a complete idiot while actually putting something intelligent in her post.

Archibaldo
06-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I usually try to help the other guy cope with what he's bitching about. Then, I usually get flamed. And then I feel bad and leave.

vegeta1215
06-01-2004, 07:26 PM
I look around GB every now and then, but only post if I want to comment on something. I don't really use it to get my frustrations out about members (I don't really have any to tell you the truth)

GB is funny to read sometimes too.

zfreak2004
06-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I've been to GB a grand total of about 2 times. I think it is generally useless and doesn't really add anything to the board.

Yoshiman
06-01-2004, 08:55 PM
I rarely post in GB. And even when I do post in there, I never really do flame :shrug: . I can usually get my point across without having to call someone names. But, the GB posts are always entertaining to read.

plith
06-01-2004, 08:58 PM
I post there because I can be snide and rude without anyone important really caring. I thought that was what it was for. If you want help with something, go to Rock Bottom.

goKi
06-01-2004, 09:14 PM
I post in GB fairly often. And i'm just like Eckels, i call a spade a spade.

SixTen
06-02-2004, 12:21 AM
I don't go into GB much to post. The threads are entertaining most of the time though. I find that unless you have some pretty good arguements about something then you had best avoid posting there unless you want a ton of flames. I'm not real great at defending myself and it seems whenever I go there I make myself look like a fool. So I don't bother to post unless I think I can add something useful be it flame or no.

Mercy
06-02-2004, 02:17 AM
General Bitching is a vile cesspool of the most heinous debasement. It is utterly vicious and inhumane. Kill or be killed. It exists only to make people cry. We kill puppies in there. Please stay out.

Pretty please.

m.

rexlaninetales
06-02-2004, 11:03 AM
GB...I would love to be flamed...Obviously this isn't possible at PureZC. Too bad I can't post there yet. Whats up with the limitations man? You all afraid I'm gonna open a can of whoop @$$ on somebody...Afraid I might run to my mommy...Peh!

TedHead
06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Arguing and insulting someone you've never met over a stupid disagreement on a message board? Gee, sounds fun.

If people actually mean all the harsh words they say in GB, it's pretty pathetic in my opinion to be fighting over such stupid things. If you seriously like to make a sport out of fighting with people and trying to think of good ways to make other people feel stupid... well, if that's your thing, I guess there is no harm. But it's the people who are actually mad at each other over such small things that I think should maybe take a message board a little less seriously...

rexlaninetales
06-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Arg! I've 52 posts...I've met the minimal requirments! How come I can't reply in the General Bitching forum?

Pablo
06-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Arg! I've 52 posts...I've met the minimal requirments! How come I can't reply in the General Bitching forum?
Members will need to have a post count of 100 or more to post in an existing thread. A minimum post count of 100 is required to start a new thread.(damn 10 char limit)

rexlaninetales
06-02-2004, 07:02 PM
What a fuddy duddy! I made 50+ post in less than a day to achive the previous minimum requirement. All that work and still only half way there.

Brian
06-02-2004, 10:27 PM
I basically treat it like any other forum, posting in topics that interest me and entering in debates. I hardly ever flame even in there, but sometimes it is nice to not have to carefully word what I'm saying when I think someone is a moron.

VEL
06-02-2004, 11:45 PM
I rarely post in there, I don't have any need to flame people, I read some of the things in there. Some of it can sometimes be funny or interesting, not much of it though. It has changed my opinions of some people, some for the better, some for the worse.

rexlaninetales
06-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Exactly Vel. I don't take much pride in flaming others. But I would like to have clearance to all of the forums. I think its dumb to have a 100 minimum post limit just verify a minimum age requirement. That is so lame. I'm glad PureZC doesn't have these limitations.

Riku
06-04-2004, 08:28 PM
I usually avoid posting in GB if possible, because im afraid to get flamed at.