PDA

View Full Version : Problems with music

mjctraider
06-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Ok I am having a problem with a midi file. for some reason I cannot load the music file to add it to a Dmap. I made sure there were no spaces or underscores in the name of the midi file, but I cannot load the file. I played it using meida player and it worked fine. All other midi files that I have downloaded to add to my quest have worked fine. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Espo
06-01-2004, 06:08 PM
I have had this problem. I have a great number of midis that i use and there is one specific one i have wanted to use that just won't load. I never figured out why so this sounds like a bug to me.

Sephiroth
06-02-2004, 09:10 AM
That MIDI uses more than 16 channels of instrumentation. If you want me to try to cut it down without losing the sound quality, send it to me @ [email protected] and I'll see what I can do. :)

Espo
06-02-2004, 05:41 PM
i sequenced the midi i was trying to load and it does not use 16 channels.

Sephiroth
06-03-2004, 08:14 AM
just send it to me and I'll see if I can get it to load in zquest because I've had some midis that were difficult for me to load in zquest and I had to cut them down and I didn't lose any sound quality. :) Will you do that? I'm not gonna use your midi in a quest if that's what you are worried about. :)

Espo
06-03-2004, 07:19 PM
I appreciate your willingness to help. I can't speak for mjctraider but I understand what you are suggesting I can do the work for it myself. It's not that I don't want you to use it. I'll still send it to you if you want. Basically the file is a pumped up version of the battle music from FF1. Don't want you to think I'm being a jerk it's just that I can cut the instruments down and do all that fun work so you don't have to. So thanks again.

mjctraider
06-19-2004, 06:05 PM
I gave up on using the midi that I wanted for my quest, but then saw a post today about music problems and a user noted a program called Anvil Studio. I tried the program out and needless to say I can now add the midi file that I had problems with to my quest. I just thought that if anyone else reads this thread and has the same problem as I did they could check out Anvil Studio and maybe it will help them as it did me.

Tim
06-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Yes, there is another thread about this. I actually helped solve it before. Matter of fact, the thread is called Midi Errors.